Located in Northern California, Lodi has over 66,300 residents, with 14.2% being seniors aged 65 and older. The region has a Mediterranean climate, which is known for bringing very warm, humid summers and plenty of rainfall during the winter months. According to U.S. News and World Report, Adventist Health Lodi Memorial is high-performing in conditions and procedures related to nephrology and neurology.

The cost of a semiprivate room in a nursing home is $8,623 per month, which is over $800 higher than the national average of $7,756. Seniors who don’t require 24-hour care and supervision can consider more affordable options. Home health care gives seniors the ability to age in place at home with the help of personal caregivers and homemakers. Assisted living is better suited for seniors who need some help with acts of daily life and like to socialize with neighbors and friends.

This guide compares the cost of different types of long-term care, as well as comparing the cost of nursing home care in Lodi to that of other surveyed cities in California. There is also a shortlist of resources to help seniors find more information about local programs and services.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Lodi, CA

Arbor Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

900 N Church Street, Lodi, CA, 95240

My experience was great in the building I was patient in rehab and I enjoyed my 25 days in the building as everyone was so helpful. Thank you Arbor

VIENNA NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER

800 SO HAM LANE, Lodi, CA, 95242

My mother-in-law is at Vienna Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. They are amazing. She’s clean, she said. They’re attentive, and they try to get her involved. She’s not in the rehab portion anymore, … (read more)

Fairmont Rehabilitation Hospital

950 S. Fairmont Avenue, Lodi, CA, 95240

We went to Fairmont Rehabilitation. The rooms were not only small, but they had bumps to get over, to get in and out of the rooms. They were not wheelchair accessible.

Lodi Nursing & Rehabilitation

1334 S Ham Lane, Lodi, CA, 95242

Lodi Nursing & Rehabilitation was full, so it was really busy. There were a lot of people and they seemed to be sitting in the halls and not really engaged, but what I liked the most about it was … (read more)

Wine Country Care Center

321 West Turner Road, Lodi, CA, 95240

Wine Country Care Center was very nice and clean, although not as clean as the other place we visited. I thought it needs updating as far as the carpet and stuff goes, but the staff is very friendly. … (read more)

Crescent Court Nursing Home

610 S FAIRMONT AVENUE, Lodi, CA, 95240

Major problems: Relative put mom here, horrible place… Family member overdrugged so they don’t have to give her therapy or help her get to potty chair,forced to wear diaper when she is NOT incontine … (read more)

Arbor Rehab & Nursing Services

900 North Church Street, Lodi, CA, 95240

LaSalette Health and Rehabilitation Center

537 East Fulton Street, Stockton, CA, 95204

LaSalette was closest to my house, so it was easy for me to be there. I was satisfied with the results, and they were kind and courteous. My dad had been there a couple of times, and my mom had been t … (read more)

Dycora Transitional Health – Galt

114 F St, Galt, CA, 95632

My mom was at Dycora Transitional Health – Galt. The staff was phenomenal. The social services gal gave us tremendous information. They were wonderful and supportive. The care my mom received while sh … (read more)

Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation – Valley Gardens

1517 East Knickerbocker Drive , Stockton, CA, 95210

Kindred Valley Gardens is a transitional care facility. My relative’s experience was very good. It was clean, well-kept, and without odor. The staff was attentive. They had a great physical therapy de … (read more)

Creekside Care Center

9107 Davis Rd , Stockton, CA, 95209

My Aunt is a resident at Creekside Center. They give the best care I have ever seen. The nursing staff are very compensate and make sure her needs are always taking care of. All the administrative st … (read more)

Windsor Hampton Care Center

442 HAMPTON STREET, Stockton, CA, 95204

Windsor Hampton Care Center is super clean. They’re very responsive. My mother was previously there for two months after she came out of the hospital. When I was working with hospice to find a place, … (read more)

Golden Livingcenter – Galt

144 F STREET, Galt, CA, 95632

Have been trying to get a hold of this facility for 2weeks! Left messages, can’t get ahold of my family member!!!! Can’t get ahold of ombudsman to go check out! What do I do? I highly Don’t recommen … (read more)

Meadowood Health & Rehabilitation Center

3110 Wagner Heights Road, Stockton, CA, 95209

The food is inedible. The staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. Room and bathroom were dirty. Go somewhere else.

Wagner Heights Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

9289 Branstetter Place, Stockton, CA, 95209

I would not recommend this facility to anyone! They aren’t caring, compassionate, respectful nor helpful. They are careless and irresponsible. My father was under there care for a month and during t … (read more)

Windsor Elmhaven Care Center

6940 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA, 95207

This place is under staffed,hence, substandard care cnas and nurses do What they can old facility never see A Dr rooms cleaned only once a day dont get bed baths as I need always out of something … (read more)

Whispering Hope Care Center

5320 CARRINGTON CIRCLE, Stockton, CA, 95210

The facility was really clean, and they seemed to have gtood activities. My big issue was some of the staff was really mean. One of the nighttime CNAs was cruel to my aunt, a resident at this facility … (read more)

Brookside Care Center

1221 Rosemarie Lane, Stockton, CA, 95207

My father stayed at Golden Living Center Chateau. It was not nice. The room was more of a hospital setting. The administrator was terrible. She offered no assistance in helping my father find a second … (read more)

Crestwood Manor – 104

1130 MONACO COURT, Stockton, CA, 95207

Nursing Home Costs in Lodi, CA

On average, a semiprivate room in a nursing home costs $8,623 per month in Lodi, while a private room is $10,798 per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Lodi’s average is $624 less than the state average of $9,247 per month. Compared to the national average of $7,756, Lodi is $867 higher.

The most expensive is San Jose. With an average of $12,547, a semiprivate room in San Jose costs $3,925 less than in Lodi. Vallejo is $806 more than Lodi, with an average of $9,429 per month. The least expensive city is Visalia, which has an average of $6,844 and a difference of $1,779, compared to Lodi.

$8623

$9429

Vallejo

$6844

Visalia

Note: Data for Lodi was unavailable, so data from the nearest city, Stockton, was used instead.

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Monthly costs are often a determining factor when deciding on long-term care options. Usually, home health aide services cost more than homemaking services; however, in Lodi, they both cost $5,243 per month and are $3,380 less than a semiprivate room. Other community-based options include adult day health care and assisted living, which cost $7,350 and $5,123 less per month than a semiprivate room, respectively. Finally, a private room in a nursing home costs $2,175 more than a semiprivate room, with an average of $10,798 per month.

$5243

Adult day health care

$3500

Assisted living

$8623

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$10798

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Lodi, CA

Free Resources for Seniors in Lodi, CA

In this section, there are a few resources for seniors in Lodi, including case management for individuals who need help exploring their long-term care options. Representatives can provide personalized assessments and refer qualifying seniors to free in-home care providers to delay placement in a nursing home.

Resource

Contact

Service

Provided by San Joaquin County’s Human Services Agency, case managers can assess a senior’s level of independence and recommend local programs and services to increase quality of life. In-home supportive services are available for low-income Medi-Cal beneficiaries. Working with a network of community centers that offer programs for the entire family, have specific services for seniors, such as congregate dining and social activities.

The state’s long-term care ombudsmen are trained to investigate complaints about long-term care facilities, including nursing homes, on behalf of residents or their loved ones. Ombudsmen can help seniors resolve issues regarding financial abuse and lack of quality care. Family members can also initiate an investigation if they are concerned about residents’ diets or rehabilitation regimes. A local ombudsman can be contacted by calling the number provided or reaching out to the county’s Aging & Community Services.

Certified by the state, HICAP counselors can provide group Medicare presentations as well as one-on-one counseling sessions in-person and over the phone. Seniors can learn about their long-term coverage options, including programs that can extend Medicare’s coverage to lessen out-of-pocket costs. Counselors can also assist with appealing denials, along with educating beneficiaries about scams and Medicare fraud. To learn more about HICAP, contact the county’s Aging & Community Services or call the number provided.

The state-of-the-art Sacramento VA Medical Center offers a wide range of patient-centered medical services, ranging from primary care to rehabilitation services. Whether they are looking for preventative or palliative care, seniors can work with rheumatology and CPAP specialists to ease symptoms and improve their condition. As part of the VA Northern California health care system, the medical center is equipped for cardiac and orthopedic surgeries, as well as neurosurgery.