Holiday The Camelot

Reviews of Holiday The Camelot

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday The Camelot

July 09, 2021

By Diana

The Camelot didn't have the quality of amenities like the other places I've seen. For instance, it looked like a horseshoe pitching area that was just on a piece of dirt. It just didn't have the overall finished look. I had very little interaction with the staff during my visit. The fellow showed me an apartment that was close by, and, maybe because of the COVID, they're not allowed to show people much of anything. He showed me a vacant place. It's an odd-looking facility, of course, because it's made to look like a castle. When you also come into the main area, there's something there that just kind of destroys the open feeling, because they've got it kind of walled off. Camelot seemed to be behind walls more than the other ones I've seen. The lobby looked OK though. It looked very neat but I really didn't see much of it. The staff showed me one room in the independent living. It was neat and clean, but out on the terrace, I could see water gathering or something. I bet water comes through that if it's going to rain, but I guess, if there's a problem, they'll take care of it. Location-wise, they have some very attractive buildings there, but it's not the best part of town. Outside, they have a great big open place. They probably own it, they just haven't developed it yet. There's a big dirt area that's within their fences.

December 10, 2020

By Rose Anne O.

Beautiful place to live, covered free parking, lawns and orchard for walking, pool and jacuzzi. Caring staff, on site home care. Lots of activities and entertainment. Superior care during Covid 19. I'm happy with the food. Great call device included.

October 11, 2020

By Deborah

During this pandemic, the servers bring our meals to our apartments. If there's anything we need, we inform our servers and any staff member and they'll help us if they can. I love living here.

August 26, 2020

By genie a

The staff is so good to my mom The apartments are really nice.

March 08, 2020

By Macgyver17

Very friendly staff excellent services. They make you feel like family. Beautiful place. Lots to do. Every body knows your name. I highly recommend. The rooms are very nice. Lots to do daily.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this positive feedback! We appreciate it greatly.

December 15, 2019

By D.A.

The Camelot looks like a big castle. I didn't like it that much because of the atmosphere; I didn't get a good vibe from that place. The rooms were OK, and the dining area was right upfront. The rooms were too far away, and my mom won't like walking two miles to get to the dining room. It also has lots of hallways. We had a good walkthrough and saw their activities. They can get their prescriptions, go to the grocery store, and they also have theater trips; there were so many things to do. The staff was really friendly. We just walked in off the street, so we didn't really have an appointment, but they even followed up with a phone call.

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback on our community. We are pleased that you were able to visit our facility and enjoy our wonderful staff. While our community may not have been a good fit for you at this time, we appreciate the kind words. Please do reach back out if circumstances in the future change and all-inclusive senior living is right for you! Our team would be happy to work with you. Thank you

November 01, 2019

By Michael

I was at The Camelot for two years. It was great and we really enjoyed it. It was excellent. Everybody stepped up. Nothing but great things to all of them. The staff members were great. They would really go out of their way and do everything they could to make it a really nice environment for everybody. Staff wise, it was a very caring place. The food was one of my main concerns. It could have been a little bit better, but it was a lot better than most. The place was beautiful. There were coloring groups, different board games and card games. There was plenty for everybody to do. Activities were very nice. I would highly recommend The Camelot.

May 10, 2019

By Judee

Camelot was OK, nice, and clean. The room was spacious and clean. The dining area was nice. The staff was very nice, and the location was good for us.

September 06, 2018

By CH

The Camelot was a great place and it's very nice. They gave me a tour and they were very personal. They showed us the apartments and where the residents eat. Everything was great and fantastic. They did a good job. We saw a very nice 1-bedroom with a kitchenette area and a bathroom.

Hi there, thank you for positive review. We appreciate you visiting the community and taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again in the community soon!

April 30, 2018

By John

The Camelot was very nice, and we don't have negative things to say about it. The dining room, entrance, and first floor are all remodeled beautifully. They don't have additional things on the premises, like you could have companies come in and you could pay for nursing care and so-on. The staff is nice, they try to be very helpful, and the staff member we dealt with and the people were friendly. That gave us a good impression of the place. The food is also very good. They have Bible studies, a library, and a salon, and so on.

November 27, 2017

By Jackie

The Camelot is more beautiful than the other community I saw. It's more expensive but well worth it. If I have the money, I would go there. I can't afford it, though. The food we ate was very nice and well served. The staff was very friendly. They had many activities, a swimming pool, and a therapy room.

June 07, 2017

By sophia187507

The Camelot was great. It was a good place. We like the rooms. I also like the dining room. It's like a social area, and it's very nice. Then they have a theater where the seniors could watch movies. They also have a library where you could drink teas. They have a book club, a movie theater, and bingo.

May 26, 2017

By betty626674

I really liked The Camelot. My only objections to it were that it was out very far, and there wasn't anything else out there but the facility. There weren't any stores, and shopping was not there. The facility itself was extremely nice, and I enjoyed my meal and the decorations. They also had a pool which was just the right size, which I like. They also had a Jacuzzi which was something I really wanted. It was an excellent facility outside or inside. There were no smells, people were doing things and appeared to be enjoying themselves, the overall community seemed really pleasant, and I really like the inside very much. The actual rooms were about the same size as in other facilities, but the cost was also reasonable.

May 25, 2017

By rose568537

I'm at the Camelot, I've been here a few weeks, and I'm satisfied. The staff was great, very pleasant, and helpful. The food is excellent, and they have housekeeping and laundry services. They have a library, they play cards and games, and it's very nice.

April 26, 2017

By Beverly574388

I am very pleased at the Camelot and also very pleased with their services. The price is less than the others, costing under $2,000. They have the same services that others offer at a higher price. They offer meals, Life Alert, and apartment cleaning once a week as well as changing the beds. I have some physical disability because of my hip and these are things that I am able to use that have helped me a lot. The halls are really wide, which is why I like this facility. Everything is really convenient and provided here.

April 05, 2017

By Jenny738325

The Camelot was close to our house and cheaper, which was a big factor. It’s beautiful, and the rooms were a little bigger. The staff seemed nice. The residents seemed very happy.

March 31, 2017

By Carolyn775330

The Camelot is an excellent place. The food is phenomenal, the rooms are very nice, and the people are very nice. It has all the amenities you could possibly want, from a small gym, to bingo, to popcorn and movies every day. There is a huge dining room that feels just like eating in a restaurant. It is a great place to live for anybody. They provide three meals a day; everything is included, and the price is right. There is a beautiful swimming pool. It is an exceptional place.

March 31, 2017

By SherryD130658

The Camelot has it all. 3 meals a day, things to do everyday if one wants to keep busy and wonderful personnel. They have security patrolling the facility. It is also a gated community. I love The Camelot, just can't afford it on my income.

March 27, 2017

By Russell000606

The rooms at The Camelot were very nice. We saw a couple of the apartments, everything was very nice, and everybody was very cordial as far as the people that were there.

December 17, 2016

By Visitor172232

The Camelot and its rooms were fine. The only thing that we did not like was that they had three meals a day at certain times. The rooms and everything was clean. The people were friendly.

November 26, 2016

By Susan367722

We moved my mom to Camelot. We liked everything about it, it was near to my brother, so he's able to go see my mom every day. My mom had a studio; we thought it was small, but it still met her needs. It's an older facility, but they do a great job of keeping it up. They're really on top of things, and they're quick to respond.

November 21, 2016

By April508164

I placed my grandfather at Camelot, and he's been there a week. It's great, the staff is very nice, the food is fantastic, and we're happy with everything there. He's been very happy there. They offer a lot of activities, they have cards, and they offer shuttles.

November 17, 2016

By Helen346065

I used to be at The Camelot, and it is an independent living retirement community. When I first went there, the food was pretty good, but it kept going downhill. The place is beautiful, and it looks like a castle on the outside. They have a lot of decorations as you go in to the lobby, office area, and so on. As you go through the door, you see these 2 big sets of armors, like knights, on either side of the door. It was too expensive for me, and they went up on my rent; I couldn’t pay it once it went up. They can improve the food, and they had laundry rooms for us, but the housekeepers used them all day every day during the week, and we'd get them after 4:00 or on weekends. Then, everybody was going, so you took time working your way in. They accepted pets.

October 20, 2016

By Channing886431

The Camelot is a nice place, and my only complaint of it is that it didn't have cooler air. Air-conditioning was pretty hot. Everything else was nice, and the people were nice. They had some TV watching, lectures, and card games going on. The food was good, and the dining area was very nice and pretty full. It's open seating, so you can sit anywhere you want to, and the service was good.

September 13, 2016

By Joanie066560

Actually, I only went to the one I thought my mom would really like, and that’s The Camelot. Inside, the place is great, and it’s like a dream come true for my mom. It’s living like King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, so it’s awesome for anybody who has ever dreamt of that, which my mom has. It’s peaceful and quiet. They have a huge community, and it seemed really nice. It’s just that my mom refuses to accept that her sight is not coming back, and she refuses to go. The rooms were nice, big, and comfy, and they have different sizes -- studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedrooms. And for the pricing, considering all your food, utilities and rent, and everything else is included, they’re very reasonably priced. The staff was very friendly. I would like to live there myself.

August 24, 2016

By Ray086074

My mother-in-law is living in The Camelot. The place is very clean and nicely laid out inside, though the inside is kind of weird. It’s like a castle and beautiful. It has lots of public areas and different areas for people to gather and talk or play games. The food is decent. It is not great, but it is good. The cleanliness is the most important part. It does not have that stink like some of these places have. She is happy there. Plus, they have an on-site nursing group that provides any additional care for folks that need assistance which is nice. It is an a la carte thing instead of a straight price, so you can choose which from them and that helps with the expenses.

August 22, 2016

By Tom538484

The Camelot, more or less, takes care of their patients. What impresses me most is the way they feed everybody. The staff is nice. I will move there, if I can.

May 22, 2016

By PatPMRQY

The inside of The Camelot looks like a castle with really pretty lights, a grand staircase in the middle, and a really nice dining room. They had one- and two-bedroom apartments and studios. They had housekeeping once a week, and they wash and change your bedding and towels. Three meals a day are included in the rent. Everybody is really friendly and do what they can to help you. They have lots of different things to do to entertain you, like sing-alongs, cards, different crafts, and beanbag baseball where you throw the beanbag to the ceiling and it goes back and forth from the different bases, and it’s a lot of fun. They have a mother and daughter tea on Sunday upstairs and ice cream socials at an ice cream bar there.

April 06, 2016

By Maria114717450

I visited The Camelot and was very satisfied with the cleanliness. The staff was very efficient and friendly. The room was small but very clean.

March 08, 2016

By Ronie

I really liked The Camelot, but the price was just too high. The food was perfect. The staff was nice. The rooms were very well kept up, and I saw that they had a calendar full of activities.

November 04, 2015

The Camelot was a very nice place with very friendly people. It had lots of activities. They had their own citrus orchard, so you could go and pick your oranges. The staff was very friendly and very clean-looking. We saw the one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, and they were quite spacious and very nice. It had a kitchenette, but then three meals were covered for a day, so you did not need a kitchen. They had enough entertainment, then they would take you to town, if you needed to go. If somebody lived in the Camelot, which belonged to the Holiday Complex all over the United States, they could go anywhere there is a Holiday Retirement Home, stay for a maximum of one-week visit, free of charge. That sounded interesting. Also, you did not have to pay any entry fee.

September 30, 2015

By J.C.1

I thought The Camelot was very nice. They invited me back for lunch, which I have not done yet. I would like to live there. The rooms were pretty nice.

September 29, 2015

By Kevin20

The Camelot was a bit smaller, but it looked quite good. I took a quick tour of it, and it was well appointed and clean. I met some of the staff people, and they seemed to be topnotch. I had one meal there, and the food was good. I was pleasantly surprised. They had lots of activities. They also had a nice orchard on the grounds, so there's quite a large place for people to just go walking or walk their dogs.

July 04, 2015

By Doty1

I visited The Camelot, and I had lunch there. It was all very nice. The food was excellent. The dining room was set up nicely, and it was fine. I wanted to live there because I had relatives that lived near there. The rooms were fine. The decor was not according to my taste if I were decorating, but it was OK. I would not have a bit of complaint. They seemed to have all the social recreations. There were a lot more than what I would participate in. However, they could add more outings or bus trips. I would be glad to live there if somebody would pay my bill.

March 31, 2015

I visited The Camelot. They only offer independent living, they don't have the other two levels of service. The staff's work attitude was very good. The food was good.

February 26, 2015

I visited Camelot. I really liked that, and I thought she would really like it too, but I don't know if she will go in there or not. I really liked Camelot, and the people were very nice. I thought it is a very nice place. It is probably the lowest in the whole area for what it is, but it is still a lot of money to put out once a month for my sister-in-law. I like just the way it was situated. I like the apartment living situation and the décor. It was just a nice place, and the people were very nice. I like the people that we talked to because they were very friendly and very nice.

February 09, 2015

I was treated very well during the visit. As matter of fact, they’ve called me quite often to see how things are going. The staff was friendly. They were informative and were very accommodating. They had a swimming pool, an exercise room, a common dining room area, and planned activities. The Camelot had a good atmosphere; it just wasn’t the type of thing for me, but it was clean and well lit. They seemed to be on top of everything.

December 06, 2014

I had found The Camelot, but I would not be moving until next year. I was familiar with the area. I was familiar with the people that live there. I used to live out that way, and there were a lot of my friends from church there. It was a very good community. I had very good facilities. I liked it very much. They had a full staff. They had exercise equipment. They had games. They had a big dining hall. They had two meals a day. They had housekeeping once a week where they change your bed, your linen, clean your bathroom and bedroom. They do excursions. They had a bus that would take you to the doctor or where you need to go within the radius of the city, and they take you to church on Sunday. The environment was very friendly and very clean. It had a beautiful landscape. It had orchard in front, and it looked like a castle.

September 24, 2014

By Caring99319750

Everything at The Camelot is beautiful. It is like a luxury hotel. Everything looks spotless. With the whole environment itself, it looks like a castle. The set-up of the dining room is gorgeous. It is set up like a hotel dining room. I dined there when my stepmother moved in. They have a separate dining room for guests. We all had dinner the day we moved her in and they didn't charge for it. The food was very good.

February 28, 2014

By seeking info

The Camelot was nice. I'm on their list so that I would get invited to some of their activities, like ice cream social. I also had been to a couple of luncheons there and the food was generally pretty good. The staff seemed nice and approachable. Their rooms were nice and very expensive. I couldn't afford them. The dining room was very nice. I sat with a couple of residents there and they were nice. They did have a lot of activities. They have exercises for their residents, a beauty salon, an orange grove where people can get free oranges. My husband and I went there when there was a doctor speaking and you could ask him questions. They have a little van that takes them places. One nice thing about them is their chain is all over the U.S. So if you would like to take a vacation, say in Florida, if they have an empty space there, you can stay there for free.

August 28, 2013

By Loving Son2

We moved my mother into The Camelot last week and we're happy with everything. The facility is well taken care of. We have no problem with the rooms there. My mom particularly likes the dining room. There are several factors that we like about this facility but we especially like the price. It is just right for us.

August 15, 2013

By George2345

The Camelot is good and comfortable. Their staff is very good. Food is satisfactory. Their dining room is also satisfactory. On the whole, it is a good place for me.

Questions about Holiday The Camelot

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday The Camelot. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday The Camelot offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday The Camelot exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday The Camelot offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday The Camelot accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday The Camelot work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday The Camelot

Photos of Holiday The Camelot

Services and Amenities of Holiday The Camelot

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Hot Tub, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

• Get Costs

About Holiday The Camelot

The Camelot is located in Hemet, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Camelot for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday The Camelot