20 Assisted Living Facilities near Warren, RI
Also serving communities of Barrington, Bristol.
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Warren area, with 2 in Warren and 18 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 67 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Warren. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Warren 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include East Providence with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warren, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Warren, RI
18 Assisted Living Facilities near Warren, RI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warren
The charming coastal town of Warren offers scenic waterfronts and historic sites, availing a tranquil, enriching environment to seniors. With 19.8 percent of Warren’s population aged 65 and above, it has three assisted living facilities, and there are 18 more in nearby areas including East Providence, Warwick, and Fall River, Massachusetts. The assisted living residences (ALRs) in Warren as in the rest of the Ocean State are certified by Rhode Island Department of Health, Center for Health Facilities Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warren
- The precipitation in Warren is characterized by higher amounts of snow and rainfall than the national average. Seniors and their loved ones need to consider the precautionary measures taken by assisted living facilities during winter and wet seasons.
- Rhode Island's taxation may be a significant concern for retirees as Social Security income is partially subject to tax, while pensions and retirement account withdrawals are fully taxable. However, most groceries and all prescription medicines are sales tax-exempt to compensate for Warren's high cost of living.
- Elderly residents and their family members can find peace of mind in Warren. It’s safer than 48 percent of the cities and towns in the United States and has an overall crime rate 31 percent lower than other areas in Rhode Island.
- Low-income seniors and persons with disabilities traveling in Warren and throughout Rhode Island may be eligible for reduced fares on RIPTA fixed bus routes. The Warren Senior Center also offers scheduled bus services to doctor’s appointments and various shopping destinations during weekdays.
- Warren is rich in arts and culture offerings. Seniors can check out exhibits by local artists at the IMAGO Gallery, enroll in ceramics classes at Mudstone Studios, participate in East Bay Contra Dance sessions, watch musical acts at the Galactic Theater and experience 18th century dining at the Maxwell House. Annual celebrations where seniors can enjoy free musical performances include the Quahog Festival and Warren Summer Concert Series and Food Truck Nights.
- The Warren area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in Warwick and Fall River, Massachusetts.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warren
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Rhode Island
Assisted Living costs in Warren start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Warren and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warren
The RI Global Consumer Choice Compact Waiver for Medicaid beneficiaries and the SSI Enhanced Living Assistance Program for qualified low-income residents can assist eligible seniors with the coverage of assisted living costs in Warren.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warren
Warren and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Warren, please visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warren
Warren-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Rhode Island are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Warren
Review of Grace Barker Nursing Center
The facility is very clean; decorations and colors are changed every three months. My grandmother seems very happy with both the staff and amenities. The food seems to be of a pretty good quality a... Read more
Review of Grace Barker Nursing Center
This nursing facility is one of the finest in the area. My aunt was recently living here for a short amount of time and she could hardly contain how much she loved it there. She was always chatting... Read more