Commonwealth House Assisted Living

655 Commonwealth Ave, Warwick, RI 02886
Commonwealth House Assisted Living (401) 324-2916
PROMOTION! 16 days

April Special! This month we are offering a private room for the below-market cost of $4000/mo, all inclusive! You must move in by the end of April to receive this special rate, and it will be locked in for the next 12 months!

Reviews of Commonwealth House Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Commonwealth House Assisted Living

May 20, 2019

By yanyaa

My husband has been a resident at Commonwealth house since September of 2018. I searched and searched for a facility for him and this one is more than perfect. The staff are loving and caring and his well-being is their first priority. The homey atmosphere cannot be praised enough by me. He is part of their "family" and is treated as such with love. After comparing many facilities the Commonwealth house became my first choice. And in addition to that their attention to the details of his medical needs is amazing. I know he is safe and in the best of hands. If I am in the situation where I need to be in a similar environment I will go there without a doubt.

April 14, 2019

By Dana

Commonwealth House extremely welcoming and family friendly. Every time I bring my son to visit his great grandmother, we are always warmly greeted by staff and residents alike. I love that Commonwealth House is a small facility because it really feels like a home and everyone gets to really know one another. I cannot recommend Commonwealth highly enough and am grateful a place like this exists for my family.

March 17, 2019

By Pam

Commonwealth House is as close to staying at home as you will find in a place - there is nothing "institutional" or "facility" like. The owners and staff are all involved with the residents well being and happiness. My mother lives with us and stayed at Commonwealth House while we were away. She was taken care of and made to feel at home by the staff and other residents that live there full time. There was always a selection at meal time and she totally enjoyed visits by the dog. The house is very welcoming with common space rooms and private bedrooms so you can be as involved or quiet as you want throughout the day. My mother's stay at Commonwealth House was great and we plan on a return visit when we are away the next time.

March 14, 2019

By Alan

Have other elderly relatives living in other facilities, this is by far the best. My Dad loves it there, feels safe, secure and most of all feels that the staff really cares for him and his needs. Best place I have been to.and I have been to at least a dozen

March 14, 2019

By Lisa

I can't believe that such a perfect solution exists for safe, happy and healthy assisted living for loved ones. Mandi and Graham have created a warm and loving home that offers seniors an alternative to traditional facilities. I was so impressed by the balance between private space and areas that residents could socialize at their own will. When I visited, someone was reading in the cozy library, two more were watching tv in one of the lounge areas and several were gathered with the chef in the kitchen baking. We were so impressed that the setup respects the residents ability to decide what they want to do and when they want to do it. Finally a great option that not only provides a safe environment, but also joy.

July 04, 2018

By NGT

Commonwealth House is a little gem nestled in a residential neighborhood in Warwick. My husband just happened upon it one day as he was in the neighborhood and told me about it. My sister who suffers from early onset Alzheimers was staying with us when we learned about the Commonwealth House and decided to take a tour. We were immediately greeted with a warm and engaging owner and staff and were impressed by the cleanliness and quaint living arrangements that offer two common rooms with "cushy" furniture, fire places and large screen TV's (for movie nights). The kitchen is a place where residents gather and to sit and converse, share stories and play cards and various other games. Chef Adam is a delight, funny and entertaining, you can tell that he really loves the residents and they love his cooking! Many of the rooms overlook a large backyard with a swimming pool and cabana, tennis court, and large patio for the outside activities and barbecuing. The staff is very attentive to the needs of each resident and goes to great lengths to insure their comfort, happiness and security during their stay. The house is so close that I am able to visit almost daily and have been invited many times to stay and enjoy dinner with the residents. I am grateful to have found a place where my sister can engage with others and not be isolated. Commonwealth House is a wonderful home for your loved one.

October 21, 2016

By Kathy Maddern

The Commonwealth House is absolutely beautiful. The bedrooms are bright, cheerful and spacious and extremely clean. The kitchen is open, bright and inviting, with views of the backyard. The common rooms are beautifully furnished with comfortable furniture and big screen TV's. The backyard yard is beautifully landscaped, with a pool, tennis court, cabana and a large patio for barbecues. Its an inviting place for families to visit, and a swing set for the little ones to enjoy. The Commonwealth House is not a facility it's a home a warm comfortable secured place to live. The Staff are welcoming, friendly and make you feel like family. I would have peace of mind knowing my loved one was living there.

Questions about Commonwealth House Assisted Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Commonwealth House Assisted Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range from 65 to 98 years old, and each has their own set of activities that they enjoy. Because of our small size, we are able to cater to each residents needs and desires more easily than a facility with many beds. Some of our residents enjoy trips to the senior center or shopping, which we are happy to arrange. Others love puzzles and crosswords, or taking in a good movie. Our dining room is in the central part of the house, and makes for a great place to socialize and take in the day. Our chef loves to chat and entertain our residents while he makes meals, and if you're lucky, you might get a Ukulele show, courtesy of the owner, Graham! When the weather is nice, our residents enjoy sitting on our expansive patio, watching the birds and taking in some sun. Our manicured grounds provide the perfect backdrop for lunch al fresco or a visit from the family.

What programs or activities does Commonwealth House Assisted Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Commonwealth House is uniquely small-sized, so we are able to tailor activities to each person, based on their interests. Anything from puzzles and games to organized trips to the market, movies or the senior center can be enjoyed here at Commonwealth House. Our activities coordinator, Laura, is always coming up with new fun things to do, such as bingo, daily trivia games for prizes, and card tournaments! We feature live music regularly, and we always make a big deal out of holidays, birthdays, and special occasions. There is always something exciting happening at this house!

What places are near Commonwealth House Assisted Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community is in a residential neighborhood, but also conveniently located near hospitals and medical offices. We are less than a mile from shopping districts and malls, as well as Apponaug village, the central area for Warwick. We are only one turn off the exit to 95, so very convenient and easy to find for visitors.

What transportation services does Commonwealth House Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

We offer limited transportation services with prior arrangement to doctors appointments, hair appointments, the senior center, malls and shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Commonwealth House Assisted Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef works in the kitchen to prepare wholesome, healthy meals on request for our residents. The kitchen is the heart of the community, so this direct exposure and interaction ensures that our residents culinary desires are met. We feature a different entree every meal, based on residents feedback, as well as several alternatives, all prepared fresh on request. Residents eat family style, enjoying each other's company around the dinner table, further enhancing the feeling of being at home. The culinary experience at Commonwealth House is unrivaled in assisted living.

What safety features or security measures does Commonwealth House Assisted Living offer to assisted living residents?

Our residence is equipped with a compliment of life safety systems, and we are fully licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Health as well as the Fire Marshal. We feature a full fire suppression system (sprinklers), full commercial fire alarm system, as well as being fully ADA compliant. Our spaces are designed with ease of movement in mind, with sturdy furniture and handholds. Our bathrooms are fully equipped with handholds and no-verge showers, as well as comfort height toilets. The house is a one story building with no stairs or transitions inside or out, also enhancing ease of movement and safety throughout.

How does Commonwealth House Assisted Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Because we are a small, family run community, our staff and administration is always front and center when you visit or call. Families can expect to have regular, face to face communication with the staff and the administration regarding the needs and well being of their loved ones. We are only a call or a visit away.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Commonwealth House Assisted Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

During the daytime, residents can expect to have two or three staff members on site at any given time, for a resident-to-staff ratio of 4 or 5 to 1. In the later hours, when residents are typically in bed, we will have a single staff member awake for a maximum ratio of 10-1. Even in the wee hours, we still feature the best direct care ratio in the state!

If Commonwealth House Assisted Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Unfortunately because of our small size we are unable to accommodate pets. However, we do schedule animal therapy days and are frequently visited by family pets. Residents also enjoy "adopting" some of the creatures that frequent the property, such as songbirds, foxes, deer and squirrels!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff receives in service training on a one-on-one basis and are evaluated for medication updates as required by the state.

What safety features or security measures does Commonwealth House Assisted Living provide to protect residents who wander?

At this time Commonwealth House is not licensed to provide care for residents with severe dementia, however we do feature door alarms should the staff want to be made aware of residents exiting the building.

Costs for Commonwealth House Assisted Living

Photos of Commonwealth House Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Commonwealth House Assisted Living

• Nurse On Staff: No

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: ALR-01493

About Commonwealth House Assisted Living

commonwealthhouseri.com

Welcome Home! Commonwealth House Assisted Living is a family-owned and operated assisted living boutique-style community centrally located in Warwick, Rhode Island. We are unique in that our community is an 8-bedroom house located in a residential neighborhood. Our vision is to provide the best care possible to our residents, all while preserving the feeling of being at home and part of a family. Our small-scale model of care enables us to provide residents with an exceptional level of individualized attention and care that is extremely personal and home-like.

At Commonwealth House, we strive to provide a comfortable, safe, and nurturing environment for our residents. Our community is a great option for many families with a senior loved one that is in good health yet simply needs assistance with the activities of daily living. At Commonwealth House, we will take on the burdens of living at home, such as laundry, cooking, cleaning, and medication management, and leave only the joys; companionship in a small community of peers and caregivers, visits from the family, hobbies and activities, independence, and the comfort of knowing that you are being cared for with the highest level of compassion.

At Commonwealth House, we offer private and semi-private bedrooms, and our care costs are ALL INCLUSIVE. We work hard to have the best staff in the business. 24-hour caregivers, certified nursing assistants, medication technicians and our visiting nurses all love working with the residents at Commonwealth House because our model allows them to provide the personal level of care that compelled them to enter the assisted living profession in the first place. When you meet our staff, that satisfaction will show. They are friendly, approachable, and love their work.

At Commonwealth House, there is no shortage of opportunities for friendship and social interaction. Gone is the loneliness of living alone at home. We offer regular, organized group activities, as well as wellness and exercise programs. We have many common areas where residents can bond and enjoy each other’s company. We even have a quiet and comfortable library to sit and read. Are the grandkids in town? Looking for a place to have a family get together, but would prefer to keep travel to a minimum? Feel free to use our pool and cabana for a pool party with the family! We have pool toys, ping-pong, a barbeque, and a beautiful salt-water pool open during the summer season. There are so many ways to spend the day here at Commonwealth House!

Meal time is something we all look forward to, and here at Commonwealth House, we make it worth the wait! Our professional chef prepares all meals and believes that simple and hearty can also be sophisticated. Watch the chef work as fresh, delicious, farm-to-table dishes are prepared and served at your request in our bright and open dining room.

In the fall of 2016, Commonwealth House opened its doors to the families of Rhode Island! Not quite assisted living, and not quite home care. We call it a “Care Home”…a residence, in a residential neighborhood, where a small group of seniors resides and receive all of the care and amenities of assisted living in a home-like setting. We set out to create a place with all of the comfort, safety, and hospitality of traditional assisted living, without the overwhelming size and institutional feel. We have put our heart and soul into creating Commonwealth House. It is a place that seamlessly combines hospitality and upscale living with care that is centered on the person and the family. We are confident your senior loved one will know they are home when they walk through the doors Commonwealth House!

Map of Commonwealth House Assisted Living