24 Assisted Living Facilities near Fall River, MA
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fall River area, with 3 in Fall River and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fall River is $3,150 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 90 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fall River. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fall River 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Somerset with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fall River, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fall River, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fall River
Fall River's motto of "Make It Here" hints at new starts for people of all ages and circumstances, which might be appealing to seniors looking to make a new home in an assisted living facility. Fall River is home to two assisted living residences, which is what the state calls assisted living facilities. In addition, 23 assisted living residences are located in nearby towns including Dartmouth and New Bedford as well as in East Providence and Tiverton, RI. These assisted living facilities all provide personal care to aging adults within a residential community. Personal care services include help with activities of daily living as well as medication management and the assurance of a secure, safe environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fall River
- Fall River is part of the larger metro area surrounding Providence, RI, and residents can take advantage of all the cultural and shopping opportunities in the capital city. Downtown Providence has been restored and is thriving, with a pleasant River Walk along the Providence River so seniors can enjoy a low-cost outing in a nearby city.
- Fall River has an array of community resources for seniors, including Bristol Elder Services, an organization that provides mobility assistance, counseling and other services, as well as four senior centers.
- Because Fall River is close to the Narragansett Bay and the Atlantic Ocean, its climate is moderate for the New England region, with snow melting quickly and sea breezes cooling hot summer days. Seniors can enjoy time outdoors between coastal storms.
- The entire state of Massachusetts is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Fall River shares its public transportation system, the Southeastern Regional Transit Authority, with nearby New Bedford, with buses connecting towns all along the South Coast of Massachusetts. Senior CharlieCards let those 65 and older take advantage of 70 cent fares.
- The Worcester area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southcoast Charlton Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fall River
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Fall River start around $3,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fall River and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fall River
Seniors who meet the financial qualifications may be eligible for assistance to help pay for their assisted living fees. Low-income seniors can investigate the Group Adult Foster Care program, available through Medicaid and Mass-Health and SSI available through the Social Security Administration.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fall River
Fall River and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fall River, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fall River
Fall River-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fall River, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fall River
Review of Landmark at Fall River
I love Landmark at Fall River. All of the residents were happy when I walked in. Everybody that works there is so nice, friendly, helpful, warm, and welcoming. The location is great. The affordabil... Read more
Review of Landmark at Fall River
My mother stayed at Landmark at Fall River for two weeks. It was nice and home-like, but the nursing that I was paying for didn't happen. She liked the food and the dining area was clean. Everythin... Read more
Review of Cottages at Bayview
Consistently excellent care. My mother really likes her care giver. Read more