Whaler's Cove Assisted Living

Reviews of Whaler's Cove Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Whaler's Cove Assisted Living

July 29, 2016

By Bob057564

Whaler's Cove is very nice but very expensive. From what I saw, the rooms and amenities were nice. I had a meal there and enjoyed it very much. The food was good and very tasty.

February 29, 2016

By Caring loved one8

Whaler's Cove was a nice facility. The staff was informative, knowledgeable and friendly. The rooms were good sized and well kept.

December 16, 2013

By Lyn7

Whaler's Cove looked nice and clean and everything but it was just very big. It would be hard for my father-in-law to get around this type of facility. It did have many apartments; however, the views from their windows were either looking at a stone wall or parking lot, and my father-in-law wasn't happy with that. Nevertheless, regarding activities, their schedule looked good and they also have a good list of activities for their residents.

August 29, 2013

By Donald10

I knew a few people that had taken up residence in Whaler's cove. It's a pretty big place and they had pretty good size rooms for the price. The residents were happy and the living environment is acceptable.

May 19, 2013

By Rosemarie2

We chose Whalers Cove because of proximity, cost, and everything in it. My mother loves the food and she's got a very nice apartment. The place is huge. There are different areas where she can go without even having to leave the building, like a little garden and a good view inside. She's very pleased there. At this point, she's been very well taken care of and they've been great to the family, so I can't really complain about anything.

August 27, 2012

By 06

The facility was wonderful looking, it was very clean, well maintained, spacious with a beautiful backdrop. The rooming area was rather small needed some updating and modernizing but it did have all the safety requirements one would need for assisted living. The activities department seemed rather repetitive I would have been bored but my Grandmother seemed to appeal it especially the bingo portion. The food was nothing spectacular rather dull and boring but seemed filling as far as nutrients went though I was a little concerned with portion sizing as well as dietary guidelines. The residents seemed quite pleasant and friendly and very welcoming to the new guests. The staff was accommodating gracious and quickly answered any questions we had they also offered resolutions to some of the issues that plagued one of my family members. The laundry service seemed quick and efficient and was nice to know she would not have the burden on her shoulders.

Costs for Whaler's Cove Assisted Living

Photos of Whaler's Cove Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Whaler's Cove Assisted Living

About Whaler's Cove Assisted Living

Whaler's Cove Assisted Living is located at the site of the former Whitman Mills and is a setting rich in history and elegance. Operating for nearly 14 years, Whaler's Cove continues to strive to be an affordable and comfortable option for seniors and those with disabilities to transition to when more daily assistance is needed.

Whaler's Cove provides personalized care to each resident. The staff shares the responsibility of ensuring that the residents feel safe and cared for in their new home. Whaler's cove offers spacious apartments; studio, 1 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom. Each with their own kitchenette, private accessible bathroom and ample closet space. Residents are encouraged to bring their furniture and personal keepsakes to decorate the apartments.

Whaler's Cove staff is on-site 24 hours per day and can respond to any need for care or in the event of an emergency through the state-of-the-art technology offered through the Phillips Lifeline Auto-Alert Pendant. This system allows staff to be notified when a fall is detected anywhere in the building (When Worn Properly) even if the resident is unable to push the button on his or her own.

Whenever possible, refer potential residents to tour Whaler's Cove. In addition to our availability during the week, we offer weekly Open House on Saturdays from 10am to 2pm. We feel it is vitally important for potential residents and caregivers to see the community and have an opportunity to talk to other residents and staff members in order to fully understand what it is we do here.

Map of Whaler's Cove Assisted Living