3 Assisted Living Facilities near Falmouth, MA
Also serving communities of Bourne, Bourne.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Falmouth area, with 2 in Falmouth and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Falmouth is $5,200 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Hyannis with an average starting cost of $3,670.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Falmouth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Falmouth 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dartmouth with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Falmouth, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Falmouth, MA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Falmouth, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Falmouth
Known for its expansive shoreline and white sand beaches, the coastal town of Falmouth, Massachusetts, is home to just over 31,000 residents. The town has a large senior population, with nearly one-third of its residents aged 65 and older. To serve this demographic, there are five facilities in the Falmouth area offering assisted living services. These facilities are known across Massachusetts as assisted living residences (ALRs) and are certified and regulated by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Falmouth
- Falmouth's coastal location offers seniors a variety of activities for seniors. Not only are there many opportunities to enjoy the beaches and waterfront, the area has plenty of arts and culture, including the Cahoon Museum of American Art, Heritage Museums & Gardens and Woods Hole Theater Company.
- The overall cost of living in Falmouth is more expensive than the Massachusetts state average, which is already much higher than the U.S. national average. Based on the national average of 100, Falmouth receives an index rating of 167, which is something budget-conscious seniors may want to consider.
- Seniors can get around Falmouth on Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority's Sealine route, and are eligible for reduced fares. The CCRT also offers a seasonal trolley service, WHOOSH, that runs throughout Falmouth, as well as a Dial-A-Ride Transportation (DART) shared bus service to take seniors directly from their home to their destination in the town.
- The Falmouth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Falmouth Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors and their families may have peace of mind knowing that crime rates in Falmouth are below the national average. Violent crime is rated 18 out of a possible 100, compared to the national rate of 22.7.
- While winters tend to be chilly, seniors in Falmouth experience pleasant summer weather, so they can enjoy the many recreational opportunities offered by the coastal environment.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Falmouth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Falmouth start around $5,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Falmouth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Falmouth
Seniors in Falmouth who require assistance with the cost of services at an ALR are fortunate to have a number of options at their disposal. As part of the Massachusetts Medicaid State Plan, seniors can receive financial aid through the Group Adult Foster Care program and Money Follows the Person (MFP) waiver program. Low-income seniors are also eligible to apply for an optional state supplement (OSS) to be added to their Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Falmouth
Falmouth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Falmouth, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Falmouth
Falmouth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Falmouth, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Falmouth
Review of Atria Woodbriar
Atria Woodbriar is a very large community. They have assisted living and independent living. I haven't investigated the memory program there. I had friends that have been there, and they've all enj... Read more
Review of Atria Woodbriar
We visited Atria Woodbriar. Everything was lovely. The rooms were spacious, bright, and a nice size. My friend thought everything was very nice. I didn't have any complaints about any of it. Everyb... Read more
Review of Heritage at Falmouth
We were able to see a variety of apartments at Heritage at Falmouth that were very nice, very bright, airy, and seemed to have ample room. They had a movie theater and a very nice kitchen that anyo... Read more