6 Assisted Living Facilities near Hyannis, MA
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hyannis area, with 1 in Hyannis and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hyannis is $4,195 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Falmouth with an average starting cost of $3,970.
To help you with your search, browse the 27 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hyannis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hyannis 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include West Yarmouth with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hyannis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hyannis, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hyannis
Hyannis, Massachusetts, is a bustling village in Barnstable and was once known simply as “The Port” due to its marine activities and over 200 shipmasters living there in the 18th century. Seniors can explore the village’s rich history, breathe in the fresh sea air and choose from 10 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) nearby, with one in Hyannis and nine in the surrounding area. ALFs are facilities that provide a supervised residential setting for seniors. The Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs governs the policies of these facilities. Some services within the facility may include organized social activities, medication management and prepared meals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hyannis
- The Hyannis area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cape Cod Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Hyannis have no shortage of things to see and experience. Some might like to experience the John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, which stands as a tribute to JFK’s Cape Cod legacy. Others might enjoy spending the day strolling Kalmus Beach and watching windsurfers catch the waves.
- The summers in Hyannis are balmy with an average high of 78 degrees in July, so seniors can enjoy outdoor activities and entertainment with ease. The winters are a bit chilly, with an average low of 23 degrees in January and 19 inches of snowfall.
- Seniors and their loved ones may feel unsafe due to the high crime rate. Violent crime is rated at 55.6 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is much higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 44, which is also higher than the national average of 38.1.
- Unless seniors are living with a severe respiratory illness they shouldn’t be too affected by the air quality in Hyannis. The American Lung Association gave this area a C ozone grade.
- Seniors may have slight difficulties affording extra expenses or building a savings due to the high cost of living which is rated 43.8 percent higher than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hyannis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Hyannis start around $4,195 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hyannis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hyannis
The Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI-G) are the state’s Medicaid Assisted Living Benefit Programs and are available to eligible seniors to help cover assisted living costs. Some seniors may also qualify for the non-Medicaid Supportive Senior Housing Initiative Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hyannis
Hyannis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hyannis, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hyannis
Hyannis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hyannis
Review of Brookdale Cape Cod
I looked at Brookdale Cape Cod. It's lovely, the apartments were good, and for the money it was very good. The dining area, and crafts area seemed pleasant. It was well-maintained, the people I met... Read more
Review of Brookdale Cape Cod
Brookdale Cape Cod is an ideal place for my parents. It's a nice and very clean facility. The staff was very welcoming. The room I saw was 30 steps away from the dining room. It was on the small si... Read more
Review of Brookdale Cape Cod
I chose Brookdale Cape Cod because there was an apartment-style place available. It's not quite a nursing home, but it's a nice mix of what I need. The apartments are my size, and they have activit... Read more