8 Assisted Living Facilities near Plymouth, MA
Also serving communities of Kingston, Duxbury, Marshfield.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Plymouth area, with 6 in Plymouth and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Plymouth is $5,222 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Brockton with an average starting cost of $3,550.
To help you with your search, browse the 39 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Plymouth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Plymouth 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Canton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Plymouth, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Plymouth, MA
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Plymouth, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Plymouth
Plymouth is a coastal town in Massachusetts and has a great prominence in American history, as it was founded by the Mayflower Pilgrims in 1620. Its population is 59,885 residents as of July 2017, and 20 percent of them are age 65 and over. To support this elderly population, there are eight assisted living facilities in the Plymouth area, with six located in Plymouth and two located in the nearby communities of Duxbury and Kingston.
In Plymouth, as in the rest of Massachusetts, assisted living facilities are officially known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs). The state's Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) is responsible for ALR regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Plymouth
- The climate in Plymouth is relatively comfortable. It gets far less snow than some inland areas during the winter since it's located close to the coast. The area receives around 36 inches of snow per year, much less than other areas of New England. Summers in Plymouth are also pleasant, as the average high is around 80 degrees in July.
- Crime in Plymouth is relatively moderate compared to the rest of the state and the country. On a scale of one to 100 where one is low crime and 100 is high crime, Plymouth falls at 37.7 for violent crime and 36.3 for property crime. This is right around the state average for violent crime (31.6), but above the state average for property crime (21.1).
- The cost of living in Plymouth is right on par with the Massachusetts state average. On a cost of living index where the national average is 100, Plymouth is 140, and the Massachusetts average is 139.
- The Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway Company (P&B) is a year-round luxury motorcoach service that provides passengers with transportation service to Logan Airport, downtown Boston, the South Shore, Plymouth and all of Cape Cod. Seniors can enjoy reduced fares when they use this transportation service. The Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Transit Authority (GATRA) provides convenient bus service throughout Plymouth with four public bus routes. Seniors 60 and over enjoy 50 percent reduced fares on these buses.
- Massachusetts is considered to be moderately tax-friendly for retirees. While income from public pensions and Social Security are fully tax exempt, all other forms of retirement income are taxed at the state's income tax rate, which is 5.1 percent. These include private pensions, IRAs and 401ks.
- The Plymouth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Plymouth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Plymouth start around $5,222 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Plymouth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Plymouth
MassHealth, Massachusetts's own Medicaid health plan, pays for assisted living services in ALRs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Plymouth
Plymouth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Plymouth, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Plymouth
Plymouth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Plymouth, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Plymouth
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Plymouth Crossings
Benchmark Senior Living at Plymouth Crossings has been fabulous and the staff is wonderful. The facility is very clean and the food is fantastic. We chose it for my dad because all these things shi... Read more
Review of Laurelwood at The Pinehills
The facility is beautiful and well maintained. More importantly, the staff is fantastic, extremely friendly, and responsive to your needs. There are so many great activities that engage and ente... Read more
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Plymouth Crossings
We went to Benchmark Senior Living at Plymouth Crossings. The staff members seemed very caring, and it seemed to have a good, homey atmosphere. The apartments were nice and a little old but adequat... Read more