The 5 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Brewster, MA for 2023
Also serving communities of North Chatham.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brewster area, with 2 in Brewster and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brewster is $5,250 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,855.
To help you with your search, browse the 28 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brewster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brewster 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include South Yarmouth with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brewster, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Brewster, MA
Maplewood at Brewster
Pleasant Bay Nursing & Rehabilitation...
Heatherwood At Kings Way
Broad Reach Healthcare
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brewster
Brewster is a quiet coastal town located on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. Its population as of July 2017 was 9,836 residents, 30.5 percent of whom are age 65 or over. There are seven assisted living facilities in the Brewster area to accommodate this elderly population, with three located in Brewster and four located in the nearby communities of South Yarmouth, Harwich, Yarmouth Port and North Chatham.
In Massachusetts, assisted living communities are officially known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs). The Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) is responsible for their regulation and certification.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brewster
- Weather in Brewster is pleasant most of the year, especially in the summer. It's a popular beach destination for tourists around the country, especially in New England. The average high in July is around 77 degrees, making it pleasant for outdoor activities on or off grounds of assisted living communities. The area also gets much less snow compared to other areas of Massachusetts, as Brewster receives an average of 25 inches each year; this is much lower compared to Boston, which averages 52 inches.
- The cost of living in Brewster is on par with Massachusetts's average. On a cost of living index where the national average is 100, Massachusetts is 139 and Brewster is 144. Seniors may want to keep this mind as they search for assisted living communities in this area.
- Crime rates in Brewster are a bit higher than surrounding areas. Violent crime in Brewster is 34.9 on a scale of one (low crime) to 100 (high crime). This is about the same compared to the Barnstable Town Metro average of 34.7. Property crime in Brewster is 36.7, a bit higher than the surrounding area rate of 28.7. Seniors searching for assisted living communities in Brewster may want to inquire about existing security measures to help them feel safe.
- The Brewster area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cape Cod Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Brewster has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging, a group of area residents that support and advocate for older adults in Brewster and their families by providing programs and services that help them live a better quality of life. Brewster also has Senior Dining opportunities and a number of senior-based activities. Brewster has one senior center.
- Massachusetts is considered to be moderately tax-friendly for seniors. Private pension funds, IRAs and 401ks are taxed at the state's income tax rate of 5.1 percent. However, other forms of retirement income, including Social Security and public pension, are fully tax exempt. This can help keep more money in seniors' pockets when budgeting for assisted living expenses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brewster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Brewster start around $5,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brewster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brewster
For seniors who meet specific criteria, the Medicaid State Plan in Massachusetts, called MassHealth, pays for assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brewster
Brewster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brewster, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brewster
Brewster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Brewster, MA
Other Options in Brewster, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brewster
Review of Pleasant Bay Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
The communication with the patient and proxy is severely lacking! There is a case manager assigned to coordinate the services provided to the inpatient. A weekly meeting is held with case mgr. an... Read more
Review of Maplewood at Brewster
Maplewood at Brewster has been fantastic regarding Assisted Living for my mother. She had lived in assisted living for the past five years. My mother was well cared for and kept safe during the mos... Read more
Review of Maplewood at Brewster
The people at Maplewood at Brewster assisted living were very professional, the food is great, and my brother is very well taken care of. It's also very clean and has a nice setting. He's brain-dam... Read more
11 Signs It Might Be Time for Assisted Living
The decision to help an aging adult move out of a current home is a complex one -- both emotionally and practically. Above all, you want the person to be safe and well. How can you all feel more co...
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: _[Inde...
- Assisted Living or In-Home Care?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
- Cost of Assisted Living
How to Pay for Assisted Living
As you're weighing senior care options for your loved one, cost is likely a top factor. The good news? Depending on what care your loved one needs, assisted living can be much more affordable than ...
How Levels of Care Affect Assisted Living Cost
If you're shopping for assisted living, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the levels of care, as the monthly rate for assisted living will depend on the level of care that the resident requi...
- Tips on Moving to Assisted Living