27 Assisted Living Facilities near Lebanon, PA
Also serving communities of Cornwall.
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lebanon area, with 6 in Lebanon and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lebanon is $3,780 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 74 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lebanon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lebanon 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Palmyra with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 15 families in Lebanon find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lebanon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lebanon
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, has been recognized as the second-least stressful city in the United States, which may appeal to seniors looking for a relaxing city to retire in. The city is located equidistant from Harrisburg, Reading and Lancaster and is home to around 25,000 people.
Around 13 percent of Lebanon's residents are aged 65 and older and there are 24 assisted living facilities in the area catering to the needs of this population. In Lebanon as well as the rest of Pennsylvania, these facilities are licensed by Pennsylvania's Department of Human Services' Office of Long-Term Living and are more formally known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lebanon
- Seniors can access public transport in Lebanon through Lebanon Transit. Some seniors may be eligible for a half-fare transit card. A shared ride van service is also available and passengers aged 65 and over are eligible for a discounted fare.
- The Lebanon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Retirement income from Social Security, pensions and retirement funds are exempt from state income tax for Pennsylvania taxpayers aged 60 and over. In addition, sales taxes in the state are relatively low, which may benefit Lebanon seniors who are on a fixed income.
- The overall cost of living in Lebanon is 82.5 on the Sperling index, 17.5 points lower than the U.S. average. This is due to the low cost of housing and everyday expenses like groceries are closer to the national median. Healthcare costs are more than 15 points higher than the national average, which may impact the budget of seniors with regular health expenses.
- Air quality in Lebanon County, including Lebanon, is generally poor. The State of the Air 2018 report gave the county failing grades for two of the three categories measured. Seniors with respiratory conditions may find their health impacted by air pollution.
- Lebanon has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency on Aging, an organization that develops and coordinates services that support older adults as they age, as well as more than two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Lebanon start around $3,780 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lebanon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Lebanon seniors who receive Social Security income may be able to access financial assistance through the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lebanon
Lebanon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lebanon, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Lebanon Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lebanon
Lebanon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lebanon, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lebanon
Review of Celebration Villa of Lebanon
I went to Celebration Villa of Lebanon. Melissa walked us through and gave us some information on the facility (it had 54 units, 2 available), how they're structured from a pricing perspective, and... Read more
Review of Juniper Village at Lebanon
One of the things that we are impressed or unimpressed about a place right away is the cleanliness and the odor. Juniper Village at Lebanon was very clean and didn't have a bad odor anywhere. My wi... Read more
Review of Celebration Villa of Lebanon
Celebration Villa of Lebanon was a wonderful facility. I would want to go there. I'll take a room there if my dad doesn't want one. My main thing is that they are animal friendly. You can bring you... Read more