45 Assisted Living Facilities near Lititz, PA
Also serving communities of Manheim.
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lititz area, with 6 in Lititz and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lititz is $3,705 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Lancaster with an average starting cost of $3,451.
To help you with your search, browse the 99 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lititz. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lititz 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ephrata with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lititz, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Lititz, PA
39 Assisted Living Facilities near Lititz, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lititz
Lititz was founded by Count Nicholas Ludwig von Zinzendorf, a German aristocrat, in 1742. Another German connection is the Julius Sturgis Pretzel bakery. Founded in 1861, it is the oldest commercial pretzel bakery, and hungry seniors can still enjoy a pretzel there today. The town is home to around 9,000 people, and more than 22% of the population is aged 65 and over.
There are 45 assisted living facilities in Lititz and the nearby communities that offer accommodation to seniors who are mostly independent but may want extra help with some activities of daily living. In Lititz, assisted living facilities are known as Assisted Living Residences. They're licensed and monitored by Pennsylvania's Department of Human Services Office of Long-Term Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lititz
- All forms of retirement income in Pennsylvania are exempt from income tax for taxpayers aged 60 and over. This includes Social Security, pensions and retirement accounts. Seniors can save additional money on sales tax as everyday items including groceries, clothing and prescription medicines are exempt.
- Lancaster County, including Lititz, has poor air quality. Although the county received a pass grade for annual particle pollution from the State of the Air 2018 report, it received failing grades for both ozone and 24-hour particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory conditions may wish to investigate how this will impact their health.
- The Lititz area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UPMC Pinnacle Lititz, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lititz has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lancaster County Office of Aging, an organization that provides assistance to older adults and helps them maintain dignity and independence as well as one senior center.
- Red Rose Transit Authority provides public transportation in Lititz and passengers aged 65 and over can ride for free. RRTA also has a number of programs available for people unable to use the fixed-route service, which some seniors may be able to utilize.
- Lititz has an overall crime rate of just 5 crimes per 1,000 residents. This is lower than 90% of communities in America. The violent crime rate is 0.42, more than 2.5 points lower than the Pennsylvania rate. Property crime is also low, with a rate of 4.57, almost 12 points lower than the state rate of 16.49. Seniors who are concerned with safety may find this reassuring.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lititz
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Lititz start around $3,705 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lititz and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lititz
The Optional State Supplement is available to eligible seniors in Lititz who receive income from Social Security and those who receive SSI are protected by PA Code 2800.27, which states that they cannot be charged more for assisted living rent and services than their monthly income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lititz
Lititz and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lititz, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lititz
Lititz-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lititz, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lititz
Review of Legend of Lititz
The place looks nice, there are activities and a theater and we are happy with my Mom's apartment, but service is lacking with constant turnover and unmet needs. Read more
Review of Legend of Lititz
Signature Senior Living is a nice, well-furnished place. They have a dining room, a movie theater, and a place where they play bingo and other games. They provided very good care. Read more
Review of Luther Acres
Luther Acres have first-class restaurants, nice dining facilities, the rooms are completely redone before you move in, and each room has a washer and dryer, separate living area, and a beautiful ba... Read more