37 Assisted Living Facilities near Willow Street, PA
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Willow Street area, with 2 in Willow Street and 35 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 76 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Willow Street. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Willow Street 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lancaster with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Willow Street, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Willow Street, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Willow Street
Willow Street is located in southeastern Pennsylvania about 80 miles west of Philadelphia. The city got its name in the early 1900s because of all of the willow trees lining both sides of the main road through the city, some of which seniors here will still see standing today. The city has a senior population that makes up more than 42 percent of its total residents. To help support this population, there are two assisted living facilities located within Willow Street and another 32 located in nearby communities such as Lancaster, Lititz and Millersville.
In Willow Street and throughout Pennsylvania, assisted living residences and personal care homes, as assisted living facilities are known, are licensed by the Department of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Willow Street
- Pennsylvania does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits, retirement savings account income or pensions, which could make Willow Street an ideal location for seniors with tight budgets.
- The low crime rates in Willow Street may give seniors and their families some piece of mind. The city has a violent crime rate of 12.3 and a property crime rate of 22, both considerably lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- The Willow Street area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Lancaster.
- Seniors with COPD or asthma may have an easier time breathing in Willow Street than in other areas of the country. The city's air quality rating is 63 on a 100-point scale, five points higher than the national average of 58.
- The cost of living in Willow Street is 108.8, higher than both the state average of 100.3 and the national average of 100. Seniors can also expect to pay more for groceries, healthcare and transportation than they would in other areas of the country.
- Willow Street’s summers are warm with highs of 85 and the winters are comfortable with lows of 21. The city gets 43 inches of rain and 20 inches of annual snowfall annually, both of which could pose problems for seniors who rely on mobility aids. The sun shines over the city 198 days each year, seven less than the national average of 205, which still leaves plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Willow Street
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Willow Street start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Willow Street and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Willow Street
Although Pennsylvania’s Medicaid system doesn’t cover assisted living expenses, seniors in Willow Street who need assistance with costs may be able to receive financial support through Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Willow Street
Willow Street and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Willow Street, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Willow Street
Willow Street-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Willow Street
Review of Willow View Home
Amazing place, would place my loved ones here no doubt about it. Read more
Review of Willow View Home
I am a happy resident at Willow View Home. The staff here is very nice. I have a very pretty room. I like it because it is very large, clean, and bright. The food could be better though. It's not t... Read more
Review of Willow View Home
Willow View Home is the Taj Mahal. That would be the premiere place to go to if you could afford it. One of my clients took me there for a tour and it was just absolutely gorgeous. The cafeteria wa... Read more