Traditions of Hershey

Reviews of Traditions of Hershey

Assisted Living Reviews for Traditions of Hershey

January 21, 2020

By cagdoll

I highly recommend them! Great care for my mom after many bad experiences with nursing care facilities.

March 10, 2019

By Harriet Rhine

After four years, my brother Ralph, has been a resident here at Tradition’s assisted living. We have nothing but extreme praise for all of the staff that has taken excellent personal care of him. They were very kind to him. He had his limitations but the staff knew how to attend to his needs. We would highly recommend this place to those of you looking for a caring place for your loved one to live.

March 20, 2018

By tracey mccarthy

The entire staff is awesome. Very loving and caring From the kitchen to maintenance, personal care unit and management. They cared for my mother in law to a quality second to none. We are very pleased with their personal attention to her and us, the family. If I could give them a 10 star I would. You won’t go wrong with putting the care of a loved one in their hands. They provide great activities And entertainment. Rick the bus driver worked with us to get Mom to drs appointments even if it wasn’t on scheduled days. Lauren the activities director, had first class entertainment. The kitchen provides wonderful food. If you can’t find something great to eat, you are way to picky. Their salad bar alone is awesome. Home made soups, at least 2 different entree’s. Everything was cooked to perfection. No mushy veggies with no flavor. I will stop now, just can’t say enough about this place. One more thing, their rent prices are also reasonable for what they provide, better than any other place we checked out. Tracey M.

November 10, 2017

By Cynthia B.

My parents moved into Traditions earlier this year. It is very well-organized, they are completely happy with the amenities, and everything that's offered to them. The staff is always very cheerful, very helpful, and answer any questions they may have. They have a very lovely 1-bedroom apartment, and they offer a very nice dining hall, an area where they can watch movies, exercise, and a beauty shop. It's a complete facility, and close to my home. They have the best price I could find for my parents.

August 23, 2017

By Karen

Traditions of Hershey is a very lovely, clean, kept-up place. The staff is very helpful, very kind, and compassionate. My mother shares a suite and that's very much like an apartment, not a nursing home, so it's very nice.

April 14, 2016

By Marikay

Traditions of Hershey assisted living was very nice and updated and was in a nice location. The rooms were small and a bit pricey for my mom to afford. Other than that, the place was excellent. There was a dining room conveniently located for the assisted living residents. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and knew the ins and outs of the assisted living part.

Independent Living Reviews for Traditions of Hershey

October 21, 2020

By ReviewerAT1008A

We went to the Traditions of Hershey. I thought it was nice. I only met one person, but she was delightful, and the room was good and very nice. The bedrooms were spacious; the living room was not. The facade of the place was beautiful and very impressive. It seemed friendly and I liked it. I think the cost was reasonable.

October 09, 2020

By Paula

Traditions of Hershey is a very nice facility. The rooms were generous with high ceiling and lots of lights. The young lady who showed us around was personable, patient, and never made me feel rushed. She showed us an empty unit and a furnished unit. She followed up by calling and asking if we had what we needed and told us about availabilities. There's lots of nice things going on. They did a pretty good job with social distancing and they have had no COVID incidents. I was looking at independent and personal care, but it would have been the lowest level of personal care, but since, my father declined enough that he would not qualify for Tradition. This facility will allow my mother to live with my father in a personal care apartment, but their rules for personal care is if you start to decline while you are there they will take care of you and will just escalate how much you are going to pay and how much extra assistance you get. But when you enter personal care you have to be a walking, ambulatory individual, and my father was no longer walking when he left the hospital. We did not go into any of the places where people eat, the library, or any of those common areas because of the quarantine, but she did have a virtual tour on her computer of all of the common spaces so we could see that.

Paula, Thank you for your review and your kind words about Traditions of Hershey. I understand from our conversation last week that your dad is with family. I hope that is working for everyone. Please know that if the situation should change, we can and are happy to help – even if your dad is needing a high level of care when he moves in. All our best.

June 04, 2020

By abg177

Shout out to Traditions of Hershey - Mom, who is 95 years old, has been a resident at Traditions of Hershey for 5+ years. Our family is most appreciative for the care, compassion, hospitality and generosity provided by “Team Traditions” on a recurring daily basis.

November 08, 2017

By Larry

We made arrangements for the Traditions of Hershey, and we are moving in this month. The people are nice. They will be serving two meals a day. There are a dozen different activities there. We will be in independent living. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We looked at a 1-bedroom, it was very nice, upscale, and that's what we chose. There were no ceiling fans in the room, but they're willing to put them in at no expense to us.

May 30, 2017

By betty-sfamily

My mother was a resident at Traditions for 3 years. It was a perfect fit for her--her lovely apartment afforded her privacy but the activities and dining room gave her the opportunity to socialize with others on a regular basis. The staff was always kind and helpful! It is a caring community and my family would highly recommend it to others!

March 30, 2017

By Bradley634400

Traditions of Hershey is very nice, and the staff is very accommodating and friendly. The layout of the room is very accessible, and there are handles in the bathroom. It is roomy, nice, and clean, but compact. It's very sunny in Dad's room, and it's really nice. The place is modern and pleasant, and the food is good.

July 03, 2016

By RV351324

We moved my aunt into Traditions of Hershey and everything is excellent. It's like a luxury hotel, which is why my aunt chose it. Her apartment is big, clean, and has high ceilings. It’s wonderful.

April 25, 2016

By Brenda123610950

I think Traditions of Hershey is a very nice, spacious, well-maintained and lovely facility. The people have been very accommodating. It was a good choice. I haven’t sampled the food, but my dad says it's is only OK.

So glad to hear that you are happy with your choice. Of course, we strive to be a 5-Star community, so I encourage you or your father to speak to our Food Service Director or Executive Director if there is something we can do to make the dining experience better.

February 26, 2016

By Shirley120278650

Traditions of Hersey was a more modern and newer facility, so everything was very nice and accommodating. I ate there, and the food was good. They had lots of activities and rooms for movies and things like that. It thought it gave people a chance to have independent living but with help available.

August 13, 2015

By Conrad6

Traditions of Hershey is an independent living facility that does provide services in terms of personal care. My mother does receive some of those services which she really needs. They served lunch and dinner in the dining room, and they help the residents with getting food. It’s a very nice place. They have therapy and a beauty shop on site, and they provide entertainment.

April 27, 2015

By Caring103195450

My mom is in Tradition of Hershey. I like that it is clean, and it has a convenient location. She has been there for 6 years now. She is in a shared room, but she has options. I will recommend it for independent care because they have a lot of activities, and the staff is pleasant.

July 31, 2014

By Patricia87047550

I am living in Traditions of Hershey and it nice. I have a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchen. It is very nice with large living room, lots of big windows and closets. Small pets are allowed and I have a cat here. The staff is wonderful. Two meals a day are included in the rent and they are good enough for me. There are a lot of activities here. Our activities director is excellent. We have all kinds of games. We have beautiful game room with a pool table. There is a theater with a screen for showing dvds and movies. They have a bus and we go to trips. We go to sight and sound theater to see movies last week.

June 04, 2014

By lizjoyce

My Mother has been a resident since Traditions of Hershey opened. We've both been VERY pleased with the staff, the activities, the building and the care. The staff are highly professional, and are exceptionally committed to their work, as well as the residents. The building is very clean and beautiful, and every security option is in place to ensure a safe and pleasant environment. Staff communication is also warm, respectful and responsive. We couldn't be happier or more confident in our decision!

Costs for Traditions of Hershey

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: Personal Care

About Traditions of Hershey

Take what you love about living on your own and transfer it to Traditions of Hershey. Leave the rest behind (snow shoveling, lawn mowing, repairs, cooking, cleaning!) and enjoy a carefree retirement without the responsibilities of being a homeowner. Traditions of Hershey offers Independent Living with a choice of a studio, one- or two- bedroom apartments in a country setting.

Each apartment features its own private bath with safety rails, a kitchen with refrigerator, range and sink (studios have kitchenettes) and emergency call system. Amenities include a movie theater, fitness center, library, computer room, game room, hair salon, on-site healthcare and physical therapy services. The month-to-month lease with no buy-in includes weekly housecleaning and linen services, two delicious meals daily, transportation, activities and group outings. Traditions of Hershey also loves animals and welcomes pets as new residents too.

Enjoy being active? Take an exercise class, play cards or games with new friends or tap your toe to live entertainment. Take a trip to a restaurant, casino, or local attraction in the comfort of the Traditions of Hershey bus.

Be happy and comfortable in your new home while having all of the amenities you've always enjoyed. Feel safe, secure and able to do more of what you intended to do in your golden years at Traditions of Hershey.

Map of Traditions of Hershey