33 Assisted Living Facilities near Ephrata, PA
Also serving communities of Stevens, Denver, New Holland.
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ephrata area, with 6 in Ephrata and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ephrata is $4,137 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 77 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ephrata. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ephrata 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wernersville with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ephrata, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ephrata, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ephrata
Ephrata is a borough of about 14,000 people in Lancaster County, 38 miles southeast of Harrisburg. Its population grew rapidly from 1970 to 2000, although it has remained stable since then. The city's senior population is currently at 13.8 percent. Ephrata seniors will find 32 assisted living facilities in the Ephrata area, with four in the borough itself and the other 28 in nearby areas such as Lancaster and Lititz. Title 55, Chapter 2800 of the Pennsylvania State Code regulates assisted living residences in the state. In addition to providing a residence, these living facilities also provide seniors with assistance in daily living activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ephrata
- Ephrata has mostly flat land with a moderate climate and steady rainfall throughout the year, making it suitable for farming. February has the most snow, with an average of 7.5 inches, although all months from November to April typically receive some snow. Seniors in Ephrata should be able to engage in outdoor activities throughout the majority of year.
- Ephrata’s overall cost of living is about three percent higher than the national average. Utilities and groceries are the biggest contributors to the higher cost of living, at 23 percent and 11.5 percent of the national average respectively. Seniors living in Ephrata will need to budget their expenses more carefully than they would in many other U.S. locations.
- The overall crime rate in Ephrata is lower than the average across the U.S. The crime rate in Ephrata is significantly lower than the rate for the entire state. This borough is therefore one of the safer areas for seniors in Pennsylvania.
- Red Rose Transit provides public transportation for Lancaster, with Route 11 serving Ephrata. Seniors ride for free at all times with the Senior Free Ride Program sponsored by the state lottery. Disabled passengers pay half fare during non-peak hours.
- The Ephrata Senior Center maintains a regular schedule for seniors which includes games, clubs, adult education and exercise. It also sponsors special events, including out-of-town trips. This senior center serves hot, buffet-style meals six days a week.
- The Ephrata area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ephrata Community Hospital and Lancaster General Health Urgent Care, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ephrata
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Ephrata start around $4,137 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ephrata and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ephrata
Pennsylvania does not have any waivers to offset assisted living costs at this time, but the state does offer a supplement to SSI for residents in non-nursing residential care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ephrata
Ephrata and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ephrata, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ephrata
Ephrata-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Ephrata, PA
Other Options in Ephrata, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ephrata
Review of Keystone Villa at Ephrata
Keystone Villa at Ephrata was great. The reason we didn't pick that is that it's four stories and it's just too big for my mom. It's very nice though. I think it's more of a personal choice than an... Read more
Review of The Groves
I went to The Groves, which is a licensed personal care place in Ephrata. It was a great experience. It was like family there. It was like a home that a family would live in. I saw personal care as... Read more
Review of Keystone Villa at Ephrata
We toured Keystone Villa at Ephrata. It was very nice. The building was very nice. I saw the staff interacting with the residents as they were eating and it was very good. The only disadvantage it ... Read more