Juniper Village at Mount Joy

Reviews of Juniper Village at Mount Joy

Assisted Living Reviews for Juniper Village at Mount Joy

November 07, 2016

By Resident562331

We are originally from Pittsburgh, and my son lives in Elizabethtown -- which is not that far from Juniper Village; that’s why chose the place. My son also thought that this particular one was the one that offered more of the things to help my husband. We were in a rush as my husband at the time had been hospitalized because he had fallen a couple of times, and I was unable to get him up when he fell so we had to make a decision; it was a quick decision as he had to go somewhere after being discharged from the hospital. They have nurses who are all good and a doctor, but he only comes one day a week. The food is not as hot as it should be or it’s never hot. Not to our liking. It could be more nutritious; they need more fresh vegetables as always seemed to have a lot of pastas and noodles. They had a couple of different things this week like they have a group of singers -- which was very good -- and the choir director was excellent. They also had a rodeo this week, where they had a gentleman that actually participated in the rodeo and he gave a presentation. They are supposed to have internet connection; mine has been out for two weeks, and I can’t get it resolve. It was working. It’s a guess type thing, but still I was able to get on, and now I have been unable to get on for almost two weeks and that’s very frustrating because that’s how you can touch with your family, and there’s a lot of things you need on the internet now. Their physical therapist here is called Genesis; they are excellent and both ladies that worked in the physical therapy were very good.

Thank you for sharing your comments and taking the time to review our community. Overall it appears that you are very satisfied with life at Juniper Village. If there are areas of concern or questions that you may need answers to, please reach out to our Executive Director so that we may have the opportunity to improve. Wishing you a great day!

May 22, 2016

By SusanFNLHS

No matter what, when we walked through Juniper Village, every staff member greeted us. The dining area was larger, and I immediately liked it. Everybody acknowledged our presence, and I just immediately thought that this is where I want my mother to go. They had a large common area and that was the one thing I didn’t like because it seemed lonely. The rooms are a nice size and large enough to get a love seat and furniture in. They had a nice view and mother can have a small kitchenette where she could keep snacks. There weren't any microwaves in the Alzheimer’s unit. The facility was nice, clean, and well organized. They cook with them and did all kinds of things with the clients. I would absolutely recommend Juniper.

Thank you Susan for sharing this five-star review and recommending us to others. We appreciate you taking notice of our friendly associates greeting you at every turn. When staff loves their work it shows!

Costs for Juniper Village at Mount Joy

Photos of Juniper Village at Mount Joy

Services and Amenities of Juniper Village at Mount Joy

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Minimum Age: None

About Juniper Village at Mount Joy

Juniper Village at Mount Joy provides the keys to unlocking a great lifestyle for senior living! At Juniper Village we believe that maintaining and promoting an active body, an engaged mind, and a fulfilled spirit are keys to healthy aging. Whether you cherish quiet activities or spirited social events, there is always a choice of activity at Juniper Village at Mount Joy.

Inside you can enjoy our spacious lounge with large stone fireplace, visit our resident computer center or take part in an exercise or advanced learning class in our town hall. Savor your meals in our beautiful dining room with soaring cathedral ceiling and wall of windows bathing us in sunlight each day. Outdoors you can take a walk through our park-like paths and gardens or just sit a moment listening to the sounds of birds as you relax under our mature trees. Juniper Village at Mount Joy is conveniently located on a nine acre campus within the borough of Mount Joy, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Our personal care community features 64 private and semi-private rooms, each with private bath, kitchenettes, and individually controlled heating and cooling.

Juniper Village at Mount Joy offers personal care and supportive memory care in a straight rental model as a quality alternative to many of the buy-in CCRC's in the area. Extensive, beautiful grounds offer many outdoor opportunities.

Map of Juniper Village at Mount Joy