Juniper Village at Lebanon

Reviews of Juniper Village at Lebanon

Assisted Living Reviews for Juniper Village at Lebanon

June 22, 2021

By Sylvia

My mother-in-law and father-in-law moved into Juniper Village in Lebanon. What I like about it is the homey style, and that it is not so big. The price is better than what we have found in the area. They just moved in there, and it appears that they're getting proper care. The staff or employees that I have met so far have been excellent. The facility appears to be okay. They are getting their meals served in the dining room, with the restrictions in play. It looks like they've done a good job.

Sylvia, thank you for the high star rating! We always strive to provide excellent service, and are pleased to hear that you and your family are having a positive experience. We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.

January 04, 2019

By Barry

Juniper Village at Lebanon was fine. We got a good explanation on the cost, and we had a good tour. I found nothing wrong with it as far as the facility goes. The apartments were well-kept, but a little smaller than what my parents would like. They play bingo and go on trips. The person who took me around was very knowledgeable.

Thanks for rating us five-stars Barry. We hope to see you again soon!

June 19, 2018

By Suzanne

Extravagant! Christine showed me a 1-bedroom apartment, also a companion suite. Had very delicious lunch and also met some wonderful residents as well. The grounds were exceptional.

October 06, 2017

By Scott and Wendy

My husband and I provide interactive music programs with the residents. We are always grateful for the willingness and enthusiasm of the community. I observe the encouragement of the staff to try new things and when able, they participate right along with the folks. It's nice to see the staff knows each resident by name and are very friendly and supportive. We're glad to be a part of the wide variety of activities offered and getting to know the residents as well.

July 17, 2017

By Kim

Juniper Village is clean. Dad has a unit on the second floor across from the rec center. The unit has a walk-in shower and lift chairs. The staff member who showed us around was very nice and very helpful. I didn't have any problems with her. There's a card game every Thursday night and movie nights. My dad is moving in this July.

Independent Living Reviews for Juniper Village at Lebanon

September 08, 2021

By Glenn

I toured Juniper Village at Lebanon. It has a very nice location and nice people. I just liked the layout, and the trees; it's very quiet. It has mature trees, and the upkeep is very nice. The apartment is very clean, nice, very well laid out, and upgraded. The staff was very informative.

Glenn, thank you for the high star rating! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

November 07, 2020

By James

Juniper Village at Lebanon was very nice. The ladies were nice. It was a spacious apartment square footage wise. It was nice, clean, spacious, and well kept. I couldn't even see where the nail holes were on the walls after they painted it. I was impressed. The layout of the place was nice for my wife and I, who need separate bedrooms. The staff was excellent.

Thank you for this 5-star review!

March 23, 2020

By Edward

I like the units at Juniper Village at Lebanon because they are spacious. The physical appearance is typical for that sort of environment. It is clean and the price is very fair. However, their dining room isn't a substantial size; there are only four people to a table. It is small, but well lit. It's all casual. It isn't crowded or spacious, but it is sufficient.

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience! We hope you have a great day.

October 07, 2019

By Neil

Juniper Village at Lebanon was very nice, clean, and neat, but the one-bedroom apartment that I liked had insufficient storage space for clothing and other personal items. I saw much older senior citizens engaged in activities. Their only complaint was there were hardly any evening activities, and they wished that they had them. There were many times I tried contacting the staff and they were always busy with meetings and sometimes nonresponsive to messages I left.

Neil thank you for sharing your thought with us. We certainly want to deliver the best possible experience for all of our residents and their families. Please reach out to Joan-Marie the executive director with any specific concerns and ideas for improvement.

June 22, 2018

By Juniper Reviewer

A wonderful tour with Christine. A very impressive facility answered all of my questions. Very helpful. Was interested for future in independent apartment living.

Hi Juniper Reviewer, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

November 10, 2017

By Cynthia B.

I visited Juniper Village, they have lovely apartments, and it was a very lovely facility. The staff was very helpful. However, my parents needed more assistance, and it was above their income.

Thank you Cynthia for this five-star rating. Please let us know if we can help you in any way, we have relationships with many providers in the area and are happy to advise you.

July 17, 2017

By Perley

The apartments at Juniper Village at Lebanon were small. There's nothing wrong with it, but I'm 6'3". It was a nice place. The staff was excellent. We toured the whole place, and the presentation was very well done. They were setting up for a flea market the next day, and we saw some people being active there. It was a clean, well taken care of property, but the apartment didn't excite me. I like a little more space. They had an exercise room and a salon.

Perley, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at Lebanon! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

December 29, 2015

I visited Juniper Village at Lebanon. The staff there was very good, thorough in showing me everything, and very friendly without being too pushy. The rooms and apartments were very nice and spacious. I didn't eat there, but the menu looked very good. We saw the dining area, and it was very clean and nice looking. They had some arts and crafts activities going on during my visit as well as quite a few activities, too.

Thank you for your wonderful five-star review. We appreciate you taking notice of and praising our community, our staff, our H'Art and Soul of Dining menu and our Alive In All Seasons activity program. Your recommendation of our community is also very much appreciated.

Questions about Juniper Village at Lebanon

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Juniper Village at Lebanon. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 86 years old. They love participating in a variety of programs and events, sitting in the lobby playing games and talking to friends, going on outings off-campus, and enjoying the various types of musical entertainment.

What programs or activities does Juniper Village at Lebanon offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Juniper Village we have our "Alive in All Seasons" programs and activities that provide social, physical and spiritual well-being. We also offer onsite rehabilitation services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech. Our Connect4Life program incorporates or Redwood Clinic, TheraLink Rehab, Pharmacy and medical conceirge to provide co-located services to not only maintain, but hopefully, improve the residents health related well-being.

What places are near Juniper Village at Lebanon or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are several different places to visit near Juniper Village such as local parks, farmer's markets, ice cream shops, local shopping, and so much more. We utilize our bus for transportation to these local destinations.

What transportation services does Juniper Village at Lebanon offer to assisted living residents?

Residents receive two (2) complimentary transportations per month within Lebanon County (8 mile radius) for doctor's appointments. Additional transports are available for a nominal fee.

What makes the chef or dining program at Juniper Village at Lebanon exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our residents are served their meals in the dining room and provided service, just as they would in a restaurant. There are two choices for lunch and supper, but we also have a Grille Menu they can order from, if they don't like the choices for that particular meal. Our menu consists of local favorites like chicken pot pie, corn pie, pork and sauerkraut, as well as new tastes like sushi!

What safety features or security measures does Juniper Village at Lebanon offer to assisted living residents?

All of our residents are given a call bell that allows them to signal a nurse or care aid with a simple push of a button.

How does Juniper Village at Lebanon keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Director or Wellness has quarterly meetings with families to discuss any issues or concern, but also to share positive improvements. We also have a medical conceirge that updates family's only a regular basis if the need arises.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Juniper Village at Lebanon during daytime and nighttime hours?

During the day, we have a 1 to 12-14 ratio and at night (11-7) we have a 1 to 18 -20 ratio.

If Juniper Village at Lebanon accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do allow small dogs, but the resident must be able to manage and care for the dog on their own. Dogs are allowed to visit in the lobby area as long as it doesn't disrupt the other residents and they are to use the courtyard area for walking the dogs.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Juniper Communities strongly believes in ongoing training and has a monthly schedule to be completed by all staff. Topics include safety awareness, HIPPA laws, Dementia training, Care transitions, leadership development, to name a few.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Juniper Village at Lebanon. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 77 years old. Since our apartments look like a townhouse and you enter from the outside, our IL residents are still very independent, but looking to downsize from a large home with yard work, etc.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Lebanon county has a variety of local restaurants, shops, parks, and historical sites.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Juniper Village at Lebanon has organized?

Recently the residents have gone on breakfast and lunch outings, went for a scenic ride, visited the local high school planetarium, and they also went to a local art studio to make their own creations.

What transportation services does Juniper Village at Lebanon offer to independent living residents?

Transportation is not included, but available for an additional fee.

What makes the chef or dining program at Juniper Village at Lebanon exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Meal plans and occasional dining services are available. However, since our apartments look like a townhouse, residents do have to walk or drive up to our community house for meals. Our Chef has had some great experience working at the Hotel Hershey as well as other fine restaurants in Florida.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Residents in independent living can utilize the Club in the Community house, but are also welcome to participate and utilize any of the programs and activities in the two personal care homes on campus as well.

What safety features or security measures does Juniper Village at Lebanon offer to independent living residents?

IL residents do receive a call bell button for emergencies. We cannot "assist or treat" anyone in independent living, but can assess and offer guidance, such as the need to call 911 or notify family.

We do allow small pets and they are allowed in common areas as long as they have the appropriate license and shots and do not disturb the other residents in the common areas.

Does Juniper Village at Lebanon work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do not have a contract or agreement with an agency for nursing or home care services. However, residents can utilize any of the local agencies as long as they are approved by the executive director.

What safety features or security measures does Juniper Village at Lebanon provide to protect residents who wander?

We do not have a secured unit, however we can utilize safety checks (15 min - an hour) for those that may need more supervision.

Costs for Juniper Village at Lebanon

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 330050 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

About Juniper Village at Lebanon

Juniper Village at Lebanon provides residents with a great lifestyle for senior living! At Juniper Village we believe that healthy aging requires maintaining and promoting an active body, an engaged mind, and a fulfilled spirit. Whether you enjoy peaceful solitary activities or lively social events, there are always plenty of options at Juniper Village at Lebanon. Enjoy our open lounges with inviting stone fireplaces in the cooler months or our shady walkways and gardens to beat the summer heat. You can also stop by our resident technology library or participate in an exercise or advanced learning class in our town hall. Savor your meals in our stunning dining room with vaulted ceiling and enormous windows that allow sunlight to pour in.

Juniper Village at Lebanon is a three building campus conveniently located in South Lebanon Township, just east of the city of Lebanon. Our personal care community features 81 private and semi-private rooms, each with private bath, kitchenettes, and individually controlled heating and cooling. Our independent senior living community is located right next door and features 40 large, bright one and two bedroom apartments. We have apartments located both on the ground floor and on the second floor, for those who still want the exercise of stairs! Unlike many other independent living communities in the area, there is no upfront buy-in for our apartments. We offer a simple lease agreement with the comfort of knowing that if you need it, our personal care community is just a few steps away.

Extensive and beautiful grounds surrounding a lovely campus with three distinctive buildings providing a quality alternative to many buy-in CCRC models in the area. Offers a range of living options from independent to personal care to supportive memory care.

Map of Juniper Village at Lebanon