24 Assisted Living Facilities near Annville, PA
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Annville area, with 3 in Annville and 21 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 61 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Annville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Annville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Palmyra with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Annville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Annville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Annville
In 1747, Andrew Miller bought 232 acres from William Penn’s land grant, and his son Abraham laid out plans for Annville on the spot in 1762. Today, this historic township is part of the greater Harrisburg area, and home to 4,881 people, 14 percent of whom are age 65 or older. To assist those in this age group who need help with tasks of daily living, there are three assisted living facilities in Annville and 21 in nearby communities.
Assisted living residences (ALRs) are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living, which oversees assisted living communities in Annville and throughout Pennsylvania.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Annville
- The cost of living in Annville is 92.6, lower than both the state and national averages of 100, due largely to lower housing costs of 73.6. This may help families moving to the area to care for senior loved ones. However, seniors with chronic medical conditions will find healthcare costs more expensive here than in comparable cities throughout the state.
- At 17.9, Annville's violent crime rate is lower than the national average of 22.7. Its property crime rate of 20.1 is much lower than the U.S. average of 35.4, which may appeal to families concerned with their loved one's safety in an ALR.
- With January lows in the 20s and July highs in the 80s, Annville may appeal to seniors who enjoy the changing of the seasons. Seniors may wish to ask what precautions facilities are taking to keep rooms comfortable during extreme temperatures.
- Annville township air quality of 55 is on par with the U.S. average of 58, according to the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment. This means that seniors with chronic conditions, such as COPD and asthma, may not have a particularly hard time breathing here.
- Seniors in Annville and all of Pennsylvania enjoy a full tax exemption of Social Security income and retirement accounts. Pension income for seniors age 60 or older is also tax exempt. The state's property tax rates are higher compared to other states but the average sales tax is among the 20 lowest in the U.S.
- Annville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Harrisburg.
Paying for Assisted Living in Annville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Annville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Annville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Annville
Pennsylvania does not provide additional assistance for services provided by ALRs via Medicaid State Plan or any waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Annville
Annville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Annville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Annville
Annville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Annville
Review of Hill Farm Estates
My aunt is in Hill Farm Estates. It's an elegant alternative to facility living. Their staff is attentive and professional. The rooms are cozy and clean. These are one bedrooms with a bathroom. The... Read more