3 Assisted Living Facilities near Pine Grove, PA
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pine Grove area, with 2 in Pine Grove and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pine Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pine Grove 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pottsville with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pine Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Pine Grove, PA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Pine Grove, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pine Grove
The community of Pine Grove has about 2,200 residents, about 400 of whom are seniors. These seniors are served by the Schuylkill County Office of Senior Services, an organization that provides advocacy, protective services and care management.
In the Pine Grove area, assisted living facilities may be classified as personal care homes or assisted living residences. These facilities in Pine Grove, and throughout Pennsylvania, are governed by the Department of Public Welfare and the Department of Aging, respectively, and they provide supportive services for seniors who need help with daily living activities. Pine Grove has two facilities, and there is one more in nearby Pottsville.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pine Grove
- The overall cost of living in Pine Grove is about 15% lower than that of the average city, both in the state and the nation as a whole. Seniors who have limited means may find that this borough is a financially viable option for their retirement years.
- In Pine Grove, property crime and violent crime are both rated 13.3 on a 100-point crime index, compared to the respective national averages of 35.4 and 22.7. The city's low crime rate may appeal to seniors who enjoy being active in their community.
- Over the course of a year, high temperatures in Pine Grove range between 37 and 84 degrees, making it one of the warmer places in the state. The month of July tends to be humid, but humidity levels are low for the rest of the year, which may appeal to seniors who prefer dry conditions.
- The air quality in Pine Grove is on par with the national average at 61, meaning that its level of environmental pollutants is similar to that of the nation as a whole. Seniors who have conditions that may be worsened by smog or pollen may want to track daily air pollution forecasts.
- In Pennsylvania, seniors don't pay income tax at the state level on retirement income, including that which is taxed at the federal level. This may let Pine Grove seniors budget more money toward assisted living services.
- The Pine Grove area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Lebanon.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pine Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Pine Grove start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pine Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pine Grove
Pine Grove seniors do not have access to any state-funded programs that may help cover assisted living costs, but those who receive Supplemental Security Income may use this benefit towards housing and care services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pine Grove
Pine Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pine Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pine Grove
Pine Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pine Grove
Review of Schoolyard Square
I visited Schoolyard Square. The rooms were very nice and a good size. They didn't seem to have a whole lot of activities going on. They had a library, a nice dining room, and common area. Read more
Review of Schoolyard Square
Schoolyard square WAS a great place. It has been purchased by StoneRidge and things are moving downhill quickly. My father has been there for over two years and had been given wonderful service, ... Read more
Review of Schoolyard Square
We love Schoolyard Square! The rooms are homey, with a combo of their furniture and ours. The staff is knowledgeable and goes out of their way to be friendly, empathetic, and kind. Residents on the... Read more