40 Assisted Living Facilities near Mountville, PA
Also serving communities of Landisville.
There are 40 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mountville area, with 2 in Mountville and 38 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 100 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mountville. Better rated regions include Columbia with an average rating of 1.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mountville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mountville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mountville
Mountville is a small community in western Lancaster County, in a region heavily populated by traditional Amish families and local farmers. More than 544,000 people live in Lancaster County, almost all of them in the larger urban area to the east of Mountville. Close to 17.5% of Lancaster County's residents are seniors aged 65 and over, though only 12 assisted living facilities operate in the entire county, where at-home care is common. These facilities, like all residential care communities in Pennsylvania, are licensed and inspected by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mountville
- The climate in Mountville is mild in summer and fall, though winters can get uncomfortably cold for some seniors. Summer high temperatures here average 85 degrees, while winter lows dip to an average of 22 in December. Mountville gets close to 43 inches of rain and 18 inches of snow a year.
- The cost of living in Mountville is a little higher than the national average. In most categories of common expenses, Mountville prices are around 2% above the national average, while residents pay close to 22% more for healthcare.
- Mountville is an exceptionally safe place for seniors to live, even by the standards of Lancaster County. Crime rates in Mountville are less than 25% of the national average in all categories, with even lower rates of violent crime.
- Red Rose Transit provides much of the public transportation in Mountville, as well as in the surrounding areas of Lancaster County. Rides on Red Rose are limited to members who have signed up for the ride-sharing program, and door-to-door service is generally available on short notice. All Red Rose vehicles are equipped with assistive devices for riders with diminished mobility. Seniors aged 65 and over ride for free on all 18 regularly scheduled Red Rose routes, while riders with disabilities qualify for half-off fares.
- The Mountville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lancaster General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lancaster County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mountville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Mountville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mountville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mountville
Seniors in Mountville who qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be able to find assisted living at a significant discount. State law limits the monthly rates assisted living facilities can charge SSI recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mountville
Mountville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mountville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mountville
Mountville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.