9 Assisted Living Facilities near Latrobe, PA
Also serving communities of New Alexandria, Ligonier.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Latrobe area, with 5 in Latrobe and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Latrobe is $3,120 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Greensburg with an average starting cost of $2,728.
To help you with your search, browse the 37 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Latrobe. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Latrobe 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Scottdale with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Latrobe, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Latrobe, PA
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Latrobe, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Latrobe
Birthplace of the banana split at a local soda fountain in 1904, the city of Latrobe, Pa., still features sweet shops and candy stores. However, it also offers amenities designed to serve its sizable senior demographic that makes up roughly 25 percent of its population. In addition, Latrobe is home to five assisted living facilities that are regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. There are another four located nearby. Also known as personal care homes, these facilities provide assistance to seniors with activities associated with daily living. These activities typically include bathing, dressing and grooming.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Latrobe
- Latrobe has an array of resources for seniors, including the Latrobe Center for Active Adults, which features health screenings, quilting classes, bingo, computer classes and various recreational activities. The center also offers breakfast and lunch, as well as transportation for seniors.
- The Latrobe area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Excela Latrobe Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Latrobe boasts a cost of living index of 90, which is considerably lower than the national average of 100. This savings may leave more money in seniors’ budgets for assisted living costs.
- The city of Latrobe and neighboring areas feature multiple cultural attractions that seniors may enjoy such as the Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water House and the Fort Ligonier Museum.
- It’s not a surprise that many seniors are concerned about safety in their city. However, Latrobe’s average crime rate of 1,967 per 100,000 people is considerably less than the national average which is 2,837 per 100,000 people.
- Inclement weather can affect seniors’ ability to easily traverse the city. The average January low is 20 degrees; extreme cold, ice, and heavy snowfalls can make it difficult to be outside.
Paying for Assisted Living in Latrobe
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Latrobe start around $3,120 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Latrobe and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Latrobe
The state of Pennsylvania only offers public assistance in the form of waivers to seniors who require nursing home care or who require support while living at home. There are no state waivers designed to help pay for care at an assisted living facility. However, seniors who qualify and receive SSI may be eligible for the state to pay a monthly supplement to an assisted living facility where the individual is receiving care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Latrobe
Latrobe and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Latrobe, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Latrobe
Latrobe-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Latrobe, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Latrobe
Review of Barnes Place
Barnes Place was very nice, very clean, and up-to-date, and it had good lighting. The dining room looked like you're going to dine in a restaurant somewhere. They've only shown me 2 apartments and ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Latrobe
I was surprised the general appearance of Brookdale Latrobe was very good. Paul was the person who took us around. And he was very helpful with all kinds of information not only about Brookdale but... Read more
Review of Brookdale Latrobe
The rooms at Brookdale Latrobe were satisfactory. They were basic, but they fit the needs. The staff was very pleasant and seemed very attentive to the residents. They had the same kind of amenitie... Read more