18 Assisted Living Facilities near Greensburg, PA
Also serving communities of Youngwood.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greensburg area, with 8 in Greensburg and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Greensburg is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 83 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greensburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greensburg 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jeannette with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greensburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Greensburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greensburg
Greensburg is a small borough located on the outskirts of Pittsburg. In 2018, U.S. News & World Report ranked the Pittsburg area one of the best places to retire. Nearly 18 percent of Greensburg's citizens are over 65 years of age, and there are 34 assisted living residences in the Greenburg area to meet their needs. Eight are located in Greensburg, while 26 are located in nearby areas such as Monroeville, Delmont and Scottsdale. The Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living is responsible for licensing and regulating assisted living residences in Pennsylvania.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greensburg
- Seniors have a safe public transportation option with Westmoreland Transit, which provides routes throughout the county and free transit to seniors over 65 years of age.
- Greensburg is a particularly cloudy and rainy city. On average, there are only 163 sunny days per year and 43 inches of rain. Throughout the U.S., the average yearly rainfall is only 39 inches and an average of 205 sunny days are seen during the year.
- The overall cost of living is more than 8 percent less than the national average. Seniors can use these savings to help pay for the cost of assisted living.
- The Greensburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Social security income and other forms of retirement income including pensions and 401Ks are tax exempt in Pennsylvania, which means seniors living in Greensburg will save even more money that can help pay for the costs of assisted living or use towards extra expenses.
- The Greensburg area has a high rate of violent crimes. While only four violent crimes are reported per 1,000 residents throughout the U.S. on average, Pittsburg and its suburbs, including Greensburg, see 7.95 reports for every 1,000 residents. This means that seniors and other residents living in the area have a 1 in 126 chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greensburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Greensburg start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greensburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greensburg
No Medicaid programs are available to seniors in Pennsylvania to help with the cost of services provided by assisted living residences. Some seniors may be eligible for additional funding from the state if they're already receiving Supplemental Security Income. The state does allow family supplementation, provided it's paid directly to the care provider.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greensburg
Greensburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greensburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greensburg
Greensburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Greensburg, PA
Other Options in Greensburg, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greensburg
Review of Newhaven Court at Lindwood
We are waiting to move into Newhaven Court at Lindwood. It was very good. They welcomed us, showed us around, and explained everything. We saw people that were sitting and playing trivia. They were... Read more
Review of Nature Park Commons
My husband is at Mountain View, which is an assisted living. I haven't been able to go in because they require quarantine for 10 days. We chose it because of the price, the help that he's getting... Read more
Review of Walnut Ridge Memory Care
My mom has been resident at Walnut Ridge for a number of years, the care she receives is remarkable, I would recommend this community to anyone looking for memory care. Staff treat residents like ... Read more