9 Assisted Living Facilities near Mount Pleasant, PA
Also serving communities of Hunker, New Stanton.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mount Pleasant area, with 2 in Mount Pleasant and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mount Pleasant. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mount Pleasant 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Scottdale with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mount Pleasant, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Mount Pleasant, PA
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Mount Pleasant, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant seniors can stroll through scenic Shem Creek Park or receive fellowship and support services via Jacob's Creek Area Faith in Action. The town is located in Westmoreland County and has 4,454 people, 23.5% of whom are aged 65 or over.
To support seniors seeking help with daily tasks of living, there are two assisted living facilities in Mountain Pleasant and seven other options in neighboring communities. Assisted living facilities are regulated by Pennsylvania's Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing. In Mount Pleasant and the rest of the commonwealth, they are called assisted living residences (ALRs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
- Seniors and their families living in Mount Pleasant can expect to pay less for housing, healthcare and utility costs. The cost of living here is 85, lower than the national and state averages of 100.
- Mount Pleasant's violent crime is 23.5, on par with the national average of 22.7, and the town's property crime is 28.7, much lower than the U.S. average of 35.4. This may help seniors feel safe during day trips in town with family.
- With summer highs of 83 degrees in July and winter lows averaging 19 degrees in January, the annual temperature range may prove a challenge to assisted living residents who are sensitive to extreme temperatures. Seniors and their families may wish to ask what precautions are taken to keep residents comfortable year-round.
- According to measures taken by the EPA, Mount Pleasant has an air quality of 65, seven points higher than the US average. Seniors with certain health conditions may benefit from the area's good air quality.
- The Mount Pleasant area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Frick Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pennsylvania exempts retirement income from taxes. That means Mount Pleasant seniors don't pay taxes on Social Security, IRAs and 401(k)s, which might leave more money in their budgets.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Mount Pleasant start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mount Pleasant and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
In Mount Pleasant and all of Pennsylvania, seniors who are eligible for SSI qualify for help paying for assisted living costs. Per PA Code 2800.27, these seniors cannot be charged more than their monthly income for these services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mount Pleasant, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Mount Pleasant, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mount Pleasant
Review of Amber House at Harmon House
Maybe because it was a Sunday afternoon, I don’t think there were too many activities going on at Harmon House. There were a lot of people sitting in wheelchairs right outside their doors, looking ... Read more
Review of Jo Ella's Personal Care and Respite Center
I feel that everything about this facility it top notch. All of the residents where taken care of - all special diets were maintained, they have plenty of activities available to them, they have op... Read more
Review of Amber House at Harmon House
The staff was very friendly and helpful to both my grandfather, as well as to the family. They were very accomidating and caring. This facility held social functions for the residents to partake in... Read more