9 Assisted Living Facilities near Scottdale, PA
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Scottdale area, with 3 in Scottdale and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Scottdale is $1,914 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Scottdale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Scottdale 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Scottdale, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Scottdale, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Scottdale
Scottdale, Pennsylvania, is a small borough located approximately 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. It's known for its historic architecture, beautiful trees and a friendly, small-town personality. Seniors in Scottdale are well cared for in the area's 25 assisted living residences. Two of these are located directly in Scottdale, while the remaining 23 are nearby in places such as Normalville, Greensburg and Mount Pleasant. Assisted living residences in Pennsylvania are regulated and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living, Division of Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Scottdale
- Scottdale has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Mount Pleasant.
Westmoreland Transit offers free bus service to seniors in Scottsdale and the surrounding area; however, service hours are limited to mornings and afternoons on weekdays.
- Pennsylvania doesn't tax income from Social Security, pension or retirement accounts. Seniors living in Scottsdale can use these savings towards the cost of assisted living
- Scottdale is fairly cloudy and experiences above-average rainfall each year. The U.S. average is 205 sunny days per year and 39 inches of rain, while Scottdale only sees 164 sunny days and averages 42 inches of rain each year. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors or prefer warmer weather may wish to consider assisted living options elsewhere.
- The cost of living in Scottdale is 18.9 percent lower than the U.S. average. Although this is mostly attributed to the extremely low housing costs in Scottdale, seniors will still save on other costs including healthcare.
- Property crimes are fairly frequent in Scottdale. For every 1,000 residents, 24.7 property crimes occur each year. By comparison, Pennsylvania's state average is only 17.43 property crimes per 1,000 residents. Seniors may feel safer in a community with lower crime rates.
Paying for Assisted Living in Scottdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Scottdale start around $1,914 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Scottdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Scottdale
Pennsylvania does not offer support under any Medicaid or government-funded programs to help pay for the cost of services provided by assisted living residences.
Residents who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be eligible for an Optional State Supplement (OSS) that will help pay for the cost of room and board. Room and board charges are capped by the state for seniors who receive SSI. Family supplementation is permitted as long as it's paid directly to the residence.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Scottdale
Scottdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Scottdale, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Scottdale
Scottdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Scottdale, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Scottdale
Review of Woodcrest Senior Living Community
My mother moved into Woodcrest Senior Living Community. They take care of her pretty well. I like how clean it all was. Everybody seems so caring and their living quarters are clean and updated. So... Read more
Review of Woodcrest Senior Living Community
My dad moved into Woodcrest Senior Living Community. It has been really great and everyone is super nice. The attendants check on him frequently and assists him with anything he needs. The food is ... Read more