17 Assisted Living Facilities near Connellsville, PA
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Connellsville area, with 2 in Connellsville and 15 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 18 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Connellsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Connellsville 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Scottdale with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Connellsville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Connellsville, PA
15 Assisted Living Facilities near Connellsville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Connellsville
Connellsville is a small city that sits on the banks of the Youghiogheny River in Fayettville County, PA. This city, which has a history that stretches back to the early-1800s when it was most notable for its coal-mining and metallurgical coke production, is home to just 7,500 residents. Of these, about 21 percent are over the age of 60. To support its aging citizens, the Connellsville area offers 39 assisted living communities, two of which are in the city proper and another 37 that are located in the surrounding region. These facilities are categorized as assisted living residences or personal care homes, depending on the level of care they provide. Assisted living residences are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing, and personal care homes are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare, Adult Residential Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Connellsville
- Connellsville is an affordable city for seniors, with a cost of living that is nearly 18 percent below the national average. While this is mainly due to the low cost of housing in this area, seniors can expect to save money on health care costs.
- The weather in Connellsville can be somewhat extreme, with hot summers and cold, snowy winters. On the Sperling’s Comfort Index, the city rates 48 out of 100. This may be a consideration for seniors who enjoy being outdoors.
- Connellsville has a high overall crime rate that is 110 percent higher than the state average and 52 percent higher than the national average. While most assisted living facilities are outfitted with high-security locks, security cameras and alarm systems, this may be a consideration for seniors who are considering a move to the area.
- Public transportation in Connellsville is provided courtesy of Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation, or FACT. Seniors can show their Medicare care to receive half off of their fare.
- Pennsylvania fully exempts income from Social Security, retirement accounts and pension income for those over the age of 60, meaning that Connellsville seniors may have more room in the budget to cover the cost of assisted living.
- The Connellsville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Highlands Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Connellsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Connellsville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Connellsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Connellsville
Pennsylvania does not provide any waiver programs to help seniors pay for the cost of assisted living, but those who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be eligible to receive additional funds from the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Connellsville
Connellsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Connellsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Connellsville
Connellsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Connellsville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Connellsville
Review of South Connellsville Personal Care Home
Connellsville was very poor. It was unclean and totally negligent as far as the care of the patients. They needed a complete overhaul as far as the place, the staff, everything. Read more