13 Assisted Living Facilities near Uniontown, PA
Also serving communities of Hopwood, Fairchance.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Uniontown area, with 7 in Uniontown and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Uniontown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Uniontown 3.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Monongahela with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Uniontown, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Uniontown, PA
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Uniontown, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Uniontown
Originally known as Beesontown, Uniontown earned its modern name due to its founding date of July 4th, 1776. The city is now home to more than 9,800 people, 19.5% of whom are age 65 and over. Due to this relatively high population of seniors, there are seven assisted living facilities located within city limits. There are also an additional six in the nearby areas.
Pennsylvania's Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living, which provides licensing and regulation, officially recognizes these facilities as Assisted Living Residences (ALR). Seniors with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia can get more attentive care at ALRs with special care units (SCUs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Uniontown
- Seniors concerned about safety should be aware that the crime rate in Uniontown is relatively high. The violent crime rate is 1 point more than the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 16.5 points greater than the national average of 35.4.
- Uniontown has many different arts and culture options for seniors to enjoy. The State Theatre Center for the Arts is a grandiose, two-story theater that features live music, plays and films. The Uniontown Art Club has been promoting the appreciation of local visual arts since 1927.
- Limited public transportation is available for seniors in Uniontown through the Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation (FACT). There are two bus routes within the city limits as well as a shuttle service that runs Monday through Friday. Seniors are welcome to apply for the reduced fare program.
- The Uniontown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Uniontown Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Families looking for assisted living may find Uniontown to be a very affordable place. The overall cost of living is 25.9% below the national average of 100 and 26.2% below the Pennsylvania average.
- Pennsylvania does not tax retirement income at the state level. This means that seniors can put more of their money earned through Social Security and withdrawals from 401(k)s and IRAs towards assisted living.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Uniontown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Uniontown start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Uniontown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Uniontown
Pennsylvania offers Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to seniors who need help paying for assisted living. This program adds funds to federal SSI payments to pay for room and board at qualifying personal care boarding homes.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Uniontown
Uniontown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Uniontown, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Uniontown
Uniontown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Uniontown, PA
Other Options in Uniontown, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Uniontown
Review of Peroni Personal Care Home
My parents have been in 4 different care homes this year as their care needs have continued to get more complicated. Some have looked much prettier than Peroni's and some have cost more. But non... Read more
Review of Beechwood Court at Lafayette Manor
This review is regarding the locked dementia ward at Beechwood. This part of Beechwood has nothing for the residents to do. They stay in their rooms or in the dining area. They can join in activi... Read more
Review of Hillside Manor Personal Care Home
My mother stayed at Hillside manor for about one year. At first we were pleased with the care but it deteriorated rapidly. On several occasions she was found in a soiled bed and no one seemed to c... Read more