10 Assisted Living Facilities near Black Lick, PA
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Black Lick area, with 2 in Black Lick and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Black Lick is $1,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Black Lick. Better rated regions include Indiana with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Black Lick, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Black Lick, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Black Lick
Black Lick seniors interested in history can visit nearby Fort Ligonier and the Compass Inn Museum, which date back to the 1800s. Located in Burrell Township, Indiana County, Black Lick is home to 1,462 people, 16.83% of whom are at least 65, and some of them come to the Indiana Senior Center to learn origami, play Wii or enjoy a meal with others.
To support aging citizens who need extra help with the tasks of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities in Black Lick and seven more in nearby communities. These facilities are overseen by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing. In Black Lick and the rest of Pennsylvania, they are known as assisted living residences (ALRs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Black Lick
- Black Lick seniors receive a tax break on Social Security, IRAs and 401(k)s since Pennsylvania exempts retirement income from taxes.
- Seniors and their families in Black Lick may pay less for housing, groceries and utilities because the town's cost of living is 89.6, 10 points below the respective state and national averages of 100.3 and 100.
- Black Lick has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Indiana, PA.
- Violent crime and property crime in Black Lick are half the state average, so seniors might feel somewhat safer while running errands in town.
- With January lows of 24 degrees and July highs of 82, Black Lick may pose a challenge to seniors sensitive to the cold. Seniors may wish to ask assisted living staff if residents can control the temperature in their rooms.
- The air quality index in Black Lick is 28% better than the US average. This may benefit seniors with respiratory ailments, such as COPD.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Black Lick
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Black Lick start around $1,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Black Lick and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Black Lick
In Pennsylvania, including Black Lick, seniors who already receive SSI could be eligible for help paying assisted living costs. Per PA Code 2800.27, seniors can't be charged more than they earn each month for these services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Black Lick
Black Lick and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Black Lick, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Black Lick
Black Lick-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.