5 Assisted Living Facilities near Clinton, MS
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clinton area, with 1 in Clinton and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clinton is $3,275 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,370.
To help you with your search, browse the 24 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clinton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clinton 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Vicksburg with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clinton, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Clinton, MS
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Clinton, MS
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clinton
Review of Brookdale Clinton
Brookdale Clinton was a really nice place. The people were very nice and everything looked clean. They have painting classes, a library, movie nights, they take them to shopping centers, and they h... Read more
Review of Brookdale Clinton
We went to Brookdale Clinton, and the staff was very nice to us. The place was very nice and clean. My aunt has decided to move there in the future. Read more
Review of Brookdale Clinton
Brookdale Clinton was a very nice, well-set-up place. I was quite impressed with it. The man was very nice and showed us and explained everything. It was quite a pleasant visit. Read more
Assisted Living near Hinds County, MS
More Options Near Clinton, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clinton
With the motto "you belong here" and a convenient location immediately west of Jackson, Mississippi, the suburban city of Clinton gives seniors a comfortable community environment and easy access to big city amenities. It has one assisted living facility and four others in the surrounding areas including Jackson and Raymond. Assisted living facilities in the Hospitality State are referred to as personal care homes with residential care and assisted living designations, the latter offering a higher level of assistance. These facilities are licensed by the Mississippi Department of Health, Division of Health Facilities Licensure and Certification.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clinton
- Clinton experiences pleasant winters with an average low of 36 degrees Fahrenheit in January and hot summers bringing an average high of 92 degrees in July and high rainfall. The summer heat and wet seasons may be a concern for seniors with health issues affected by extreme weather conditions.
- The Jackson-Vicksburg-Brookhaven area is one of the cleanest metropolitan areas in the country in terms of air quality as recognized by the American Lung Association. This makes Clinton a healthy place for seniors with respiratory concerns.
- With Clinton’s overall cost of living being 4 percent lower than the national average and with all forms of retirement income and benefits being tax-free in the state of Mississippi, seniors enjoy significant savings to help cover assisted living costs.
- The mobility of senior citizens in Clinton is mainly supported by the county government. The Hinds County Rural Transportation Program runs fixed routes around the county, including Clinton and to Union Station in Jackson, with reduced fares for seniors, and the Title XX Transportation Program for the elderly and persons with disabilities offers convenient door-to-door services.
- While Jackson’s vibrant arts and culture scene is easily accessible for seniors in Clinton, the suburb also has local amenities to enjoy. The Arts Council of Clinton and Main Street Clinton holds several shows and events, and the Living Young Program of the city’s Therapeutic Recreation Department lets residents 50+ enjoy painting, ceramic art, music, dance and other activities.
- The Clinton area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Jackson.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clinton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Clinton start around $3,275 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clinton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clinton
Seniors in Clinton with Medicaid eligibility may apply for reimbursement of assisted living costs in personal care homes-assisted living (PCH-AL) through the Assisted Living Waiver program of the Mississippi Division of Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clinton
Clinton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clinton, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clinton
Clinton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.