The Blake at Township

Reviews of The Blake at Township

Assisted Living Reviews for The Blake at Township

April 20, 2012

By magnolia39

On March 14, 2012 my husband & I went to The Blake to see about getting his father moved into their memory care unit. We met with their marketing director, C. Best, and were shown 2 units that were available, one that was a private unit, the other that would include a roommate. We told her that we would like to try the unit that included a roommate. We went back to her office and signed papers to have my father-in-law admitted and wrote a $1500 check for a community fee to The Blake. At no time was anything said about a possibility that The Blake might not accept him as a resident. The only question that was asked was when we wanted to try to move him in. We set March 22 as a move in date. A day or two later a message was left with my husband that The Blake would be doing an evaluation of my father-in-law on 3-19. Still nothing said about the possibility that they might not accept him. At 4:47 that Monday evening, 3-19, I called and left a voicemail for Ms. Best saying that we were going to start moving some things in and would that be a problem. Later that evening we went and bought a twin sized mattress and box springs and a twin comforter set the the room, since he was going to have a roommate. We took those things to The Blake. The next evening 3-20, we paid movers to help us move the remaining furniture into the room. Around 9:30am on 3-21 I called Ms. Best to see if we could go ahead and bring my father-in-law that day instead of the next only to be told that there was a problem with him being accepted as a resident there. We were told that we would be sent a refund of the community fee. I asked that they also consider re-imbursing us for the cost of the bed that we bought and the cost of moving him into the facility. We were told that they would get back with us. No one has gotten back with us & they will not return our phone calls. We finally called on 4-2 to ask when we could expect a check. Received the refund on 4-4 and The Blake had withheld $100 in an administrative fee. There was no consideration about our time or the fact that we had spent money to move him in only to have to pay again to move him out. The twin sized mattress and box springs are not necessary in the facitily where my father in law eventually ended up, but since we had removed the covering (We unwrapped them on Tuesday evening after we moved all of the furniture.) we could not return them. A simple phone call would have saved us over $500. If The Blake can't communicate any better than this I would worry about what kind of communication I would receive about a loved one that was a resident there. I have also been told by a local attorney that she has heard numerous complaints about them allowing someone to pay the fee and move in, but if there is even a hint of a problem, The Blake kicks them out. We have found a much more suitable place for my father-in-law. When the time comes to move my parents into assisted living, we will avoid The Blake at all costs.

January 20, 2012

By Knotcrazy

The Blake at Township is a very modern-feeling from hat I have seen visiting my grandparents. it is clean, well-lit and the staff all seem very friendly. My grandparents living there have been very happy with how much privacy they still have even though it is an assisted living community. My grandfather had recently broken his hip and they have been wonderful helping with his rehabilitation and movement as they have their own facilities so he doesn't have to travel far. Though, my grandparents are not a fan of the food and wish it was a bit fresher. they tend to bring their own food into their kitchenette or ask for us to bring supplies when we visit, so that is something to take into account. They do really enjoy the community and activities The Blake has set up throughout the week and find the experience living there more positive than negative.

August 24, 2011

By tiffnich

The Blake is a new, modern facility. The building is lovely and the food is good. Everyone I have met is kind and helpful.

Independent Living Reviews for The Blake at Township

About The Blake at Township

The Blake at Township is a senior living provider in Ridgeland, Mississippi that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact The Blake at Township for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Blake at Township