11 Assisted Living Facilities near Brandon, MS
Also serving communities of Pelahatchie.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brandon area, with 2 in Brandon and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brandon is $3,495 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Jackson with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 68 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brandon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brandon 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jackson with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brandon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Brandon, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brandon
According to the city's website, Brandon is one of the fastest growing cities in Mississippi and has been ranked as one of the best places to live in the state. Fifteen Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) are found in the Brandon area, with two located in Brandon and another 13 closeby. ALFs in Brandon, and all of Mississippi, provide assistance with the activities of daily living, medication reminders and general care and these facilities are regulated by the Mississippi State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brandon
- Seniors may have a hard time getting around in Brandon as the town has limited public transit. The closest public transportation hub is located in the Jackson area.
- Seniors may appreciate Brandon’s reputation for safety. Violent crime is low with a ranking of 21.6 out of 100 (1 is the safest) compared to the U. S. average of 31.1. Property crime is very low with a score of 16.7 compared to the national 38.1 average.
- Seniors looking to save money may be in luck in Brandon. The average cost of living there is eight percent lower than the national average, which may enable seniors to afford higher quality care.
- The climate in Brandon is warm in the summer, with winters that aren’t too harsh. Seniors with limited mobility can stay active year round as Brandon only receives one inch of snow annually. July averages a high of 92 degrees, while January might be chilly for some with an average 35-degree low.
- The Brandon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Merit Health Rankin, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Mississippi, retirement income is tax exempt. This means seniors on a budget have more money to spend on daily living and higher quality care.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brandon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Brandon start around $3,495 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brandon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brandon
Eligible seniors who need help covering the costs of assisted living may are covered by the Mississippi Division of Medicaid. Mississippi Medicaid offers coverage for nursing services, some personal care and an additional three waiver programs for those who qualify. There are no non-Medicaid programs available for assisted living at this time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brandon
Brandon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brandon, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brandon
Brandon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brandon
Review of Castlewoods Place
My mom has been at Castlewoods for several Months and we are very pleased with this facility. The entire staff Is great and mom loves it there. Thank all of you for taking care of mom and showin... Read more
Review of Castlewoods Place
Buyer beware. My family member was here, and don’t count on the staff to be of much assistance. If the resident needs assistance in the restroom or for anything else, when they push their pendant... Read more
Review of Peach Tree Village
We thought Peachtree was the greatest place until it wasn’t! When COVID hit they were totally unprepared. The nursing staff except for the exception of Melinda was inadequate! It was like they ... Read more