11 Assisted Living Facilities near Ridgeland, MS
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ridgeland area, with 3 in Ridgeland and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ridgeland is $4,325 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 87 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ridgeland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ridgeland 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Madison with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ridgeland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ridgeland, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Ridgeland is a large multi-cultural metropolitan area just north of Jackson, Mississippi’s capitol city. The Ridgeland area is home to three assisted living facilities (ALFs). An additional nine are located in the surrounding area. ALF services in Ridgeland, and in all of Mississippi, include assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and medical services. The licensing and regulation of ALFs are governed by the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ridgeland
- Seniors can feel safe in Ridgeland due to a low violent crime rate of 15.2 (1 being the lowest) versus the national average of 31.1. The property crime is 40.0, which is a little higher than the national average of 38.1, and may be of concern.
- The cost of living in Ridgeland is 7.9 percent less than U. S. average. The cost of groceries and miscellaneous items averages lower than both the state and national median. Also, health care costs in Ridgeland are 7 percent lower than the U.S. average. This can make it easier for seniors on a budget to find higher quality assisted living care.
- On average, Ridgeland receives no annual snowfall so seniors can stay active year round. While July has a high of 92 degrees Fahrenheit, January's low 35-degree-Fahrenheit average may be too cold for some.
- The Ridgeland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Select Specialty Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are many interesting things for seniors in Ridgeland to explore. The City of Ridgeland offers adult day and overnight trips to experience Broadway plays and historic sites. Seniors might also enjoy taking a boat ride or touring the Governor’s Mansion in neighboring Jackson.
- In Mississippi, IRA income, social security checks and 401(k) are all tax exempt. This may make it easier for low-income seniors to pay for assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Ridgeland start around $3,375 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ridgeland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ridgeland
The state's Medicaid program offers an Assisted Living Waiver to help low-income seniors pay assisted living costs. Unfortunately, there aren't any non-Medicaid programs for seniors concerning assisted living available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ridgeland
Ridgeland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ridgeland, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ridgeland
Ridgeland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ridgeland, MS
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Review of The Orchard
The Orchard had a very warm inviting feel. However, the apartments were older, and the facility itself was kind of showing its age. There were some stains on the carpet and the hallways. It's a lit... Read more
Review of The Blake at Township
The Blake at Township had a nice location. The facility was beautiful, very new, and bright. It's conveniently located to shopping. It's in a sort of more up-and-coming desirable neighborhood. Ther... Read more
Review of The Blake at Township
We went to see The Blake at Township. They have assisted living and memory care, and I was looking for assisted living for my parents-in-law. It's a very nice place, everyone was very informative, ... Read more