The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Ridgeland, MS for 2023
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ridgeland area, with 3 in Ridgeland and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ridgeland is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,875. Cheaper nearby regions include Madison with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 92 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ridgeland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ridgeland 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Madison with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Ridgeland find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ridgeland, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Ridgeland, MS
The Blake at Township
The Blake at Flowood
Madison Home Place
St. Catherine's Village
Harmony Court Assisted Living
Peach Tree Village
The Quarters Assisted Living
St. David's Personal Care HOme
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Ridgeland is a large multi-cultural metropolitan area just north of Jackson, Mississippi’s capitol city. The Ridgeland area is home to three assisted living facilities (ALFs). An additional nine are located in the surrounding area. ALF services in Ridgeland, and in all of Mississippi, include assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and medical services. The licensing and regulation of ALFs are governed by the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ridgeland
- Seniors can feel safe in Ridgeland due to a low violent crime rate of 15.2 (1 being the lowest) versus the national average of 31.1. The property crime is 40.0, which is a little higher than the national average of 38.1, and may be of concern.
- The cost of living in Ridgeland is 7.9 percent less than U. S. average. The cost of groceries and miscellaneous items averages lower than both the state and national median. Also, health care costs in Ridgeland are 7 percent lower than the U.S. average. This can make it easier for seniors on a budget to find higher quality assisted living care.
- On average, Ridgeland receives no annual snowfall so seniors can stay active year round. While July has a high of 92 degrees Fahrenheit, January's low 35-degree-Fahrenheit average may be too cold for some.
- The Ridgeland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Select Specialty Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are many interesting things for seniors in Ridgeland to explore. The City of Ridgeland offers adult day and overnight trips to experience Broadway plays and historic sites. Seniors might also enjoy taking a boat ride or touring the Governor’s Mansion in neighboring Jackson.
- In Mississippi, IRA income, social security checks and 401(k) are all tax exempt. This may make it easier for low-income seniors to pay for assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Ridgeland start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ridgeland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ridgeland
The state's Medicaid program offers an Assisted Living Waiver to help low-income seniors pay assisted living costs. Unfortunately, there aren't any non-Medicaid programs for seniors concerning assisted living available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ridgeland
Ridgeland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ridgeland, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ridgeland
Ridgeland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ridgeland, MS
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ridgeland
Review of The Orchard
My sister is a resident at the nursing home side of The Orchard, but we toured the assisted living side of it so she could transfer there when she gets better. The person who gave us the tour was a... Read more
Review of The Blake at Township
My mom is at The Blake at Township for about two months now. It's a very active community. The workers are all very nice. They had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration where they invited family and... Read more
Review of The Blake at Township
We liked The Blake at Township. It was excellent. The person that talked with us, was very nice and pleasant and made us feel comfortable and then gave us a tour and asked us if we had any question... Read more
11 Signs It Might Be Time for Assisted Living
The decision to help an aging adult move out of a current home is a complex one -- both emotionally and practically. Above all, you want the person to be safe and well. How can you all feel more co...
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: _[Inde...
- Assisted Living or In-Home Care?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
- Cost of Assisted Living
How to Pay for Assisted Living
As you're weighing senior care options for your loved one, cost is likely a top factor. The good news? Depending on what care your loved one needs, assisted living can be much more affordable than ...
How Levels of Care Affect Assisted Living Cost
If you're shopping for assisted living, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the levels of care, as the monthly rate for assisted living will depend on the level of care that the resident requi...
- Tips on Moving to Assisted Living