9 Assisted Living Facilities near Madison, MS
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Madison area, with 2 in Madison and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 67 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Madison. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Madison 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jackson with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Madison, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Madison, MS
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Madison, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Madison
Madison, once a small farming community, now holds unique, has experienced a boom in growth yet aims to maintain it's original small town ambiance with the preservation of historical homes on Main Street and events such movie nights on main street, seasonal festivals and senior socials. The senior population in the Madison area — 13 percent of the population — has eleven assisted living facilities (ALFs) available from which to choose for room and board and help with activities of daily living. Assisted living facilities in Madison and all of Mississippi are regulated by the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Madison
- The violent crime rate in Madison is 17.6 (1 being the safest), which is low compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime is also at a low of 16.5 compared to the national average of 38.1. This may make seniors and loved ones visiting the area feel safer when exploring the community.
- The cost of living in Madison is 5.1 percent higher than the national average. This can may make daily living harder for seniors on a tight budget.
- Seniors with limited mobility may find it easier to stay active all year in Madison, which typically has no annual snowfall. The July average temperature is warm at 92 degrees Fahrenheit, while the low of 35 degrees Fahrenheit in January might be too chilly for some.
- The Madison area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Saint Dominic's, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Retired seniors on a budget may appreciate Mississippi's tax friendliness. As IRA income, 401(k) and social security checks are all tax exempt, individuals may have more money for daily living and better quality care.
- Even though Madison is a small town, it has many nearby attractions such as the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum and the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum nearby in Jackson.
Paying for Assisted Living in Madison
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Madison start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Madison and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Madison
Low-income seniors who meet Mississippi's requirements may be eligible to receive help paying for assisted living costs. Mississippi offers an Assisted Living Waiver for qualified Medicaid recipients. There are no non-Medicaid programs available in Mississippi.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Madison
Madison and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Madison, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Madison
Madison-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Madison
Review of St. Catherine's Village
St. Catherine's Village was very lovely. They have different levels of living and if you really become ill they have an Alzheimer's unit that's totally away from the building. You won't even know i... Read more
Review of St. Catherine's Village
My visit at St. Catherine's Village was messed up. Somebody called and said that they have no availability in the memory care unit. The room was like a hospital facility, there's just a hospital be... Read more
Review of Willard F. Bond Home
This facility is not a good place for older adults. The front office staff are rude and messy. We have not had a raise since some of us started but they are always remodeling and buying new furnitu... Read more