11 Assisted Living Facilities near Attica, MI
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Attica area, with 3 in Attica and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Attica is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Imlay City with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Attica. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Attica 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lapeer with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Attica, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Attica, MI
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Attica, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Attica
Attica township is a small community in eastern Michigan with many outdoor recreational activities for active seniors. Residents aged 65 and over make up 13.6% of the population, and there are three assisted living facilities in the city available to them, with seven more located in surrounding communities.
Assisted living facilities in Attica and other cities in Michigan are officially recognized as Homes for the Aged. They are licensed and regulated by the state's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Attica
- The cost of living in Attica is 8.8% higher than the state average, meaning seniors may find more affordable assisted living in other parts of Michigan. The overall cost of living is also 5.5% higher than the national average.
- Due to some of Michigan's tax policies, seniors in Attica may find assisted living a bit more affordable. The state does not tax Social Security income and provides deductions for many other types of retirement income.
- Summer in Attica is pleasant with average high temperatures in July reaching 82 degrees. This gives seniors lots of opportunities to enjoy the area's natural water features and parks. Winters, however, can be quite harsh with lows reaching into the teens and an average of 35 inches of snow.
- Attica township has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Lapeer.
- Attica is considered a safe place for seniors to call home. The township gets a crime index rating of 81 which means it's safer than 81% of cities in the United States. The violent crime rate is 65% lower than the Michigan state average.
- The air quality in Lapeer County, where Attica is located, is 23 points higher than the national average of 58. Seniors who live here shouldn't be concerned that going outside will worsen any breathing conditions.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Attica
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Attica start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Attica and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Attica
Seniors in Attica who qualify for Michigan's Medicaid system may be able to take advantage of MI Choice Waiver or the Health Link Program. Both programs provide funds for supplemental services that some residents of assisted living facilities might need. There is no financial aid available outside of Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Attica
Attica and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Attica, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Attica
Attica-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Attica
Review of Angelic Gardens
I moved my Dad into Angelic Gardens on July 2018, I knew from the first time I walked through the doors it was the perfect place /home for my Dad. Everyone was happy and greeting you with open arms... Read more
Review of Angelic Gardens
Whenever I’d visit my grandpa at Angelic Gardens he always seemed well taken care of. The staff are very friendly and helpful, always cooking/cleaning/helping residents. The home always looked and ... Read more
Review of Angelic Gardens
I had a relative and dear family friend stay here. What a beautiful home! The staff is very knowledgeable and caring! It’s such a comfortable and safe place. We loved the owners, they are very frie... Read more