11 Assisted Living Facilities near Attica, MI
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Attica area, with 3 in Attica and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Attica is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Imlay City with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Attica. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Attica 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lapeer with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Attica, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Attica, MI
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Attica, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Attica
Located in southeast Michigan along the Detroit River, the city of Attica is home to two golf courses, an art studio, and 647 seniors aged 65 and older. Seniors in Attica who are considering assisted living have three assisted living facilities in the city to choose from, with seven more located in the neighboring areas of Imlay City, Lapeer and Metamora.
Assisted living facilities are referred to as both homes for the aged and adult foster care facilities in all of Michigan, including Attica. Both types of facilities are licensed by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Attica
- Michigan does not tax Social Security benefits, which could result in more money to put toward facility expenses for Attica seniors.
- The Attica area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Troy.
- The overall cost of living in Attica is 105.5, higher than the Michigan average of 96.7 and the U.S. average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare in this city. However, the transportation cost of 155 is higher than both the state and national average, which may be a concern to seniors who are unable to drive.
- Attica’s low crime rates may help ease the minds of seniors and their families. The city has a violent crime rate of 10.8, less than half of the national average of 22.7; and a property crime rate of 20.6, 15 points lower than the U.S. average of 35.4.
- The air quality in Attica might be appealing to seniors with breathing difficulties. On a scale where 100 represents the city’s with the best air quality, Attica has a rank of 83, 24 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Attica gets all four seasons with temperatures ranging from a warm 82 degrees to a cooler 15 degrees in the winter. The city gets 33 inches of rain per year, five less than the national average of 38 inches; and 35 inches of snow annually, seven inches more than the national average of 28 inches. Despite all of the precipitation, Attica residents still enjoy 172 sunny days each year. This city might be ideal for seniors who are sensitive to extreme summer heat and humidity.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Attica
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Attica start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Attica and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Attica
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Attica
Attica and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Attica, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Attica
Attica-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Attica
Review of Angelic Gardens
I moved my Dad into Angelic Gardens on July 2018, I knew from the first time I walked through the doors it was the perfect place /home for my Dad. Everyone was happy and greeting you with open arms... Read more
Review of Angelic Gardens
Whenever I’d visit my grandpa at Angelic Gardens he always seemed well taken care of. The staff are very friendly and helpful, always cooking/cleaning/helping residents. The home always looked and ... Read more
Review of Angelic Gardens
I had a relative and dear family friend stay here. What a beautiful home! The staff is very knowledgeable and caring! It’s such a comfortable and safe place. We loved the owners, they are very frie... Read more