11 Assisted Living Facilities near Leonard, MI
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Leonard area, with 2 in Leonard and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Leonard is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,495. Cheaper nearby regions include Metamora with an average starting cost of $3,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 22 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Leonard. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Leonard 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oxford with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Leonard, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Leonard, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Leonard
Leonard is located in Southeast Michigan in the northeast corner of Oakland County and about 40 miles from Detroit. The quaint village has a population of about 400 residents, 51 of whom are seniors, and offers the comforts of small-town living with the pleasures of nearby amenities such as the Detroit Institute of Arts and The Henry Ford Museum.
Senior members of the community who need help with their personal care can choose between the two assisted living facilities in the village proper, along with another eight facilities in nearby areas such as Metamora, Oxford and Orion. Facilities in Michigan are regulated by The Department of Human Services and are officially known as homes for the aged and adult foster care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Leonard
- Leonard's seniors may benefit from Michigan’s tax-friendly policies. The state doesn’t tax Social Security income, although retirement savings account income and pensions are fully taxed.
- Leonard’s cost of living is 134.7, higher than the Michigan average of 96.7 and the U.S. average of 100. The high cost of living in the area is driven primarily by housing costs. Seniors can still expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare than they would in other cities within the state.
- Seniors worried about crime can breathe a sigh of relief in Leonard. The village’s violent crime rate is 9.7 and its property crime rate is 20.7, both considerably lower than the respective U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The Leonard area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Rochester.
- Seniors with lung or heart problems might benefit from the air quality in Leonard. The village’s air quality is rated 81, which is more than 20 points higher than the U.S. average of 58.
- Leonard has summer highs of 82 degrees and winter lows of 16. Seniors who dislike extreme heat may enjoy the comfortable temperatures that Leonard has to offer. The village gets a lot of precipitation and has a rating of seven out of 100 on Sperling's Comfort Index, which could cause havoc for seniors with arthritic conditions.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Leonard
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Leonard start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Leonard and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Leonard
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Leonard
Leonard and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Leonard, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Leonard
Leonard-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Leonard
Review of Caremore of Leonard Assisted Living
I find the staff at Campbell Personal Care Home to be very competent and caring. There are two or three people to a room, and there are men and women residents in the place. They can accommodate a ... Read more