14 Assisted Living Facilities near St. Charles, IL
Also serving communities of Saint Charles.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the St. Charles area, with 5 in St. Charles and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in St. Charles is $4,236 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 95 reviews below for assisted living facilities in St. Charles. On average, consumers rate assisted living in St. Charles 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Geneva with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in St. Charles find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in St. Charles, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in St. Charles, IL
9 Assisted Living Facilities near St. Charles, IL
Other Options in St. Charles, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in St. Charles
Review of Bickford of St. Charles
My mother-in-law has been in Bickford of St. Charles for two months now. The place is very nice. The staff members seem very helpful and very informative. With any questions, they get back with an ... Read more
Review of Brighton Gardens of St. Charles
Brighton Gardens of St. Charles is clean, bright, and the staff is good and helpful. It's also reasonable. The only thing that was wrong with it was it didn't have an RN on duty to give insulin. Th... Read more
Review of Brighton Gardens of St. Charles
The staff at Bickford of St. Charles has been great and I'm really happy with the care, but there seems to be a lot hidden costs that were not fully explained. My mother's room is clean and decent-... Read more
Assisted Living near Kane County, IL
More Options Near St. Charles, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in St Charles
St. Charles, nicknamed “Pride of the Fox,” lies 40 miles west of Chicago on the Fox River. Once known as the pickle capital of the world, this mid-sized city is home to just under 33,000 people. Seniors make up 15.5 percent of this population and can choose from five assisted living facilities (ALFs) in town and over 40 in the surrounding areas. All ALFs are regulated by the Illinois Department of Health Division of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in St Charles
- St. Charles has a wealth of arts and culture to offer seniors from galleries and museums like the St. Charles History Museum and Durante House Museum to theaters such as the historic Arcada theater. Seniors 50 and above can visit the Park District’s adult activity center for games, classes and social activities.
- Cost of living in St. Charles is 17.3 percent higher than other U.S. cities. Housing is the biggest factor for this with transportation, grocery and health costs all scoring right around national medians.
- The climate in St. Charles varies from highs of 83 degrees Fahrenheit in July to lows of 14 degrees in January. The city gets a fair amount of snowfall, 30 inches annually, which may affect seniors who enjoy the outdoors. Rainfall is slightly below average at 34 inches per year.
- Seniors can feel safe in St. Charles as the crime rate is fairly low with violent crime at 22 out of 100 (high) crime. Property crime scores 26.9 out of 100.
- Seniors needing access to public transportation can ride the SCAT buses around town for a reduced fare. The Ride in Kane Program offers door to door service 24 hours a day for seniors over 65.
- Illinois is considered a retirement tax friendly state since it exempts social security benefits and almost all other retirement income including pensions and retirement savings accounts. Seniors on a budget should note that Illinois does have high sales tax.
Paying for Assisted Living in St Charles
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in St. Charles start around $4,236 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in St. Charles and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in St Charles
While Illinois does not provide direct financial assistance for room and board, seniors who are looking for aid to offset costs can apply through HealthChoice Illinois, a program which helps pay for things like personal care and transportation. Dual eligible seniors with Medicaid and Medicare may also apply for the Illinois Medicaid-Medicare Alignment Initiative (MMAI), a managed care program that helps with activities of daily living and medical services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in St Charles
St Charles and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in St Charles, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in St Charles
St Charles-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.