The 5 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Huntley, IL for 2023
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Huntley area, with 2 in Huntley and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 73 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Huntley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Huntley 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Algonquin with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Huntley, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Huntley, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Huntley
Huntley, IL, is a village in the metro area surrounding Chicago. While it doesn't have any assisted living facilities within its city limits, it does straddle two separate counties — McHenry and Kane — which both have dozens of ALFs to choose from. Regardless of which county the facilities are located in, they follow state guidelines as far as how they're run. The Illinois Department of Health licenses such organization under the Division of Assisted Living. With over 180 assisted living communities to choose from in Kane and McHenry counties, seniors can easily find a facility that provides the right level of assistance and social activities to suit their needs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Huntley
- Seniors living in any county in Illinois, including in the town of Huntley, don't have to pay state income tax on retirement income from 401(k)s, IRAs or government programs.
- Kane and McHenry counties are both rated poorly by the American Lung Association for air quality. Seniors settling in these areas may want to use room air purifiers or wear masks when venturing outdoors are particularly smoggy days.
- The climate in Huntley is similar to that of the Chicago area, with frigid winter winds and storms possible. Seniors who don't want to deal with snow may want to choose another retirement location, but the cool springs and falls do support enjoyable outings other times of the year.
- Huntley has a low crime index and is considered safer than around 89 percent of other U.S. cities. Living in an ALF nearby may help seniors find peace of mind about safety and security.
- The Huntley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living index in Huntley is higher than both the national and state averages, though seniors will find that the cost of groceries and other goods are a bit lower in this area than other areas of the state.
Paying for Assisted Living in Huntley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Huntley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Huntley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Huntley
Illinois provides several options for seniors who need help paying for assisted living care. The Pathways to Community Living Program may allow seniors to use other state-provided resources for assisted living care, and the Supportive Living Program is a state-sponsored option to Medicaid that may help cover ALF costs for eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Huntley
Huntley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Huntley, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Huntley
Huntley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Huntley, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Huntley
Review of Heritage Woods of Huntley
My mother is in Heritage Woods of Huntley. It's moderate. The rooms are nice, and she got a one-bedroom suite. The food is OK, but not good. The dining hall is good. They have music performers, the... Read more
Review of Deer Path of Huntley
Deer Path of Huntley was a very nice facility. It was spotless and the rooms were really nice. They had a lot of activities every day that the residents could get involved in, like arts and crafts.... Read more
Review of Heritage Woods of Huntley
Everyone seemed like a family at Heritage Woods of Huntley. All the residents, the people that work there, even the cleaning people gave us a very good feeling about the place. Megan showed us arou... Read more