12 Assisted Living Facilities near Algonquin, IL
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Algonquin area, with 2 in Algonquin and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Algonquin is $4,626 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Crystal Lake with an average starting cost of $3,504.
To help you with your search, browse the 115 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Algonquin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Algonquin 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sycamore with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Algonquin, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Algonquin, IL
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Algonquin, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Algonquin
Algonquin, Illinois, is a suburb of Chicago, some 40 miles northwest of the Loop. Originally established in 1890 as a small river community, the village has grown into a major commercial center. An estimated 10.7 percent of its nearly 31,017 residents are age 65 or older, and two assisted living facilities (ALFs) are in Algonquin to help seniors perform daily tasks. Nine other ALFs are in surrounding communities.
In Algonquin, as in the rest of Illinois, an ALF must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health to house and supervise seniors, and it has to fulfill various regulations dealing with the residents' safety and the ALF's operation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Algonquin
- Algonquin's overall cost of living of 122 is 22 percent higher than the U.S. median of 100 and 20 points more than the Illinois state average of 102. Grocery costs are below average at 93.9, which may help families on a fixed budget save money. Health costs are above average by only seven points, but housing costs are 131. Families may need to restructure their budgets to place a loved one in an ALF in Algonquin.
- Seniors age 65 and over can enjoy the lenient Illinois tax policies exempting all retirement income from taxation, including Social Security, pensions and retirement accounts. Funds that would have gone to state income tax can be used for healthcare.
- Algonquin is no stranger to precipitation, receiving an average of 37 inches of rain and 29 inches of snow annually, which is close to the U.S. average of 39 and 26 inches, respectively. The temperature spans 70 degrees over the course of a year, from summertime highs topping off at 84 to winter lows bottoming out at 13.
- The violent crime rate of 11.1 in Algonquin is beneath the U.S. rate of 31.1 on a scale with 100 as the most dangerous, and the property crime rate is low at 26.1 compared to 38.1, the national average. Seniors in ALFs have extra security with the safeguards already in place.
- The Algonquin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital and Advocate Sherman Hospital, in the event of a medical emergency or illness.
- Kane County, which includes Algonquin, has been given a "D" rating for air quality by the American Lung Association for its high ozone levels. Seniors with respiratory concerns may want to remain indoors during high-ozone days.
Paying for Assisted Living in Algonquin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Algonquin start around $4,126 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Algonquin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Algonquin
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Algonquin
Algonquin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Algonquin, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Algonquin
Algonquin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Algonquin
Review of Clarendale of Algonquin
We have found a place for my mother, and it is called Clarendale of Algonquin. She is not there yet, but she will be within a week. She will be there for assisted living with memory care. The room ... Read more
Review of Eastgate Manor
Our experience at Eastgate Manor was good. The apartments were good. They have crafts, field trips, and games like bingo. They offer three meals a day. The staff is excellent and very good. Read more
Review of Clarendale of Algonquin
My mom went to Clarendale for respite care. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were a nice size, and they're very clean. It's a very nice community with lots of things to do. Read more