26 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairview Heights, IL
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fairview Heights area, with 2 in Fairview Heights and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fairview Heights is $2,460 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 78 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fairview Heights. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fairview Heights 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include O Fallon with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fairview Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fairview Heights, IL
24 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairview Heights, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fairview Heights
Located just across the state line from the city of Saint Louis, the thriving community of Fairview Heights, Illinois, combines a small-town atmosphere with plenty of amenities. This community is home to about 16,600 people, and nearly 17 percent of them are seniors. Residents can choose from two assisted living facilities in the city itself and about 20 in nearby communities.
All assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Illinois, including those in Fairview Heights, are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health. State law mandates many services and policies facilities must have, such as creating personalized service plans and providing 24-hour emergency assistance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fairview Heights
- Fairview Heights has a fairly moderate climate, which makes it easy for seniors to stay active. Winter lows can average around 23 degrees Fahrenheit, while summer highs can reach about 88 degrees. The area sees plenty of moisture with an average rainfall of about 41 inches, although it typically only sees a total 13 inches of snow.
- The crime rate in Fairview Heights is somewhat high, which may make some seniors feel unsafe. Violent crimes are slightly lower than the Illinois average, but property crimes are much higher. Fairview Heights residents have a one in 23 chance of being a victim of a property crime, while the Illinois average is one in 50.
- Fairview Heights tends to be an affordable place to live, which may benefit seniors on a budget. Groceries and utilities are cheaper than Illinois and U.S. averages, although health spending is slightly higher.
- The Fairview Heights area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hospital Belleville and HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital in O'Fallon, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Midwest Salute to the Arts, a prestigious annual art show, is held in Fairview Heights. Senior shoppers may also enjoy the St. Clair Square Mall, which is the largest shopping center south of Chicago.
- Air quality in St. Clair County, which includes Fairview Heights, has received a C rating from the American Lung Association due to moderately high ozone levels. Seniors, particularly those with respiratory issues, may need to keep an eye on air quality and take precautions on bad days.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fairview Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Fairview Heights start around $2,460 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fairview Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fairview Heights
The Community Care Program, a statewide initiative, can help eligible seniors pay for in-home assistance and other services. Seniors on Medicaid may qualify for the Illinois Supportive Living Program, which pays for daily care that Medicaid normally does not cover.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fairview Heights
Fairview Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fairview Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fairview Heights
Fairview Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Fairview Heights, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fairview Heights
Review of Parkway Gardens
Parkway Gardens was a super nice facility and very accommodating because they don't have a set time to eat. It's an open dining room. We looked at an alcove. They have a smaller amount of space for... Read more
Review of Parkway Gardens
My client resided at Parkway Gardens and then transitioned to the Arbors, the memory assisted part of the community as her dementia progressed. The staff was very helpful with the transition and p... Read more
Review of Parkway Gardens
I liked Parkway Gardens very much. It's a very nice facility. The staff is very nice, friendly, and very accommodating. The dining room is right in the front. It's small but very nice and clean. My... Read more