19 Assisted Living Facilities near Shiloh, IL
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Shiloh area, with 2 in Shiloh and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Shiloh is $2,750 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Fairview Heights with an average starting cost of $2,460.
To help you with your search, browse the 65 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Shiloh. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Shiloh 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include O Fallon with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Shiloh, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Shiloh, IL
17 Assisted Living Facilities near Shiloh, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Shiloh
Shiloh is a village in St. Clair County just 20 miles from St. Louis. It's estimated the population has grown 4.5 percent since 2010 and over 13,000 now live in the village.
There are two assisted living facilities in Shiloh catering to the senior population, and another 17 in nearby communities including Maryville, Mascoutah and Fairview Heights. Assisted living facilities in Illinois are licensed by the state's Department of Public Health, Division of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Shiloh
- The Shiloh area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hospital East, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transport in Shiloh is offered by St. Louis' Metro service. Riders aged 65 and over can apply for a Seniors Ride Free MetroLink pass through St. Clair County Transit District.
- The cost of living in Shiloh is 103 on the Sperling index, three points higher than the national average of 100. Although this makes Shiloh an expensive place to live, seniors can still save money on groceries, which are 92.9 on the index, over seven points lower than the national average.
- Illinois has some of the highest sales taxes in the country, which can have a big impact on seniors living on a fixed budget. This is eased by the state's income tax policy, which exempts nearly all retirement income including Social Security, money from retirement accounts and pension income.
- Shiloh has around 201 sunny days each year, which is close to the national average of 205. This allows plenty of time for seniors to enjoy the sunshine. In January the average low is 23 degrees and the village gets just 12 inches of snow each year, 14 inches less than the U.S. average. In summer, the average high is 88 degrees.
- The crime rate in Shiloh is higher than 75 percent of Illinois' other communities, which may be a concern for safety-conscious seniors. Despite this, both violent and property crime occur at a rate lower than the state average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Shiloh
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Shiloh start around $2,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Shiloh and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Shiloh
Shiloh seniors who receive an income from Social Security may be eligible for financial assistance through the Optional State Supplement (OSS). Residents of assisted living facilities may also be able to access financial help through the Illinois Supportive Living Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Shiloh
Shiloh and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Shiloh, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Shiloh
Shiloh-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Shiloh
Review of Morningside of Shiloh
Mom has been at Morningside for almost two years.. It was a perfect fit right from the start. She considers it home and is very happy there. All types of activities for different interests and p... Read more
Review of Morningside of Shiloh
Morningside is OK, and Mom is OK there. They have quite a few activities, like bingo, cards, art, and puzzles. The rooms are clean and nice. Read more
Review of Cedarhurst of Shiloh
I went to visit Cedarhurst of Shiloh, and the place was clean. I just noticed that they did not have showers in the room. They took the residents out of the rooms to be showered, and I thought that... Read more