The Villas at St. James

Reviews of The Villas at St. James

Assisted Living Reviews for The Villas at St. James

December 05, 2020

By L.R.

We saw an apartment at The Villas at St. James in person and we saw the rest of the place virtually. The people or staff are very caring, but the apartment was very dated. It sort of reminded me of an old hotel. It needed some updates, it needed paint, it really needed some cosmetic works, and I wouldn't have moved my parents there without some updates. The community itself looked loving and caring and I'm sure it's fine. The virtual tour was beautiful, but the in-person tour I would say that the apartments are set up well, they're just dated. We saw the highest-end apartment that they had, and I wouldn't move my parents in there. They have activities like bingo and things of that nature or outings. The woman that showed us the apartment didn't really know anything because the woman who was supposed to show it to us was sick that day. So a nurse or somebody showed us the apartment and couldn't really tell us very much.

May 04, 2019

By Donna

I toured the Villas at St. James. I loved it, and it’s perfect for me to move in when the time comes. They go places, I’ve seen them exercising, they’ve got different activities, and these I love to do, activities and go places. The rooms were so nice, you opened up the door and there’s a patio outside, and I really liked it. They’re perfect for me. The shower was a walk-in, I can sit on a chair if I want to take a bath, and it was really nice. It’s got a beauty salon, they’ve got laundry and housekeeping, and it’s beautiful.

Thank you for sharing your experience. The role we fill is so important, and we love seeing our residents smile. We are grateful for your passion and dedication to our residents!

January 09, 2019

By John

My mother is in the independent living level of The Villas at St. James. It's very nice and reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. The grounds are very nice, in good shape, and maintained very well. The location of the community is good and in a nice and quiet area. The rooms are nice, spacious, and up-to-date and laid out nicely. My mother likes it very much. They offer a lot of extra service without upcharges.

Questions about The Villas at St. James

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Villas at St. James. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age of residents is 82. Our residents are very active in the community going on outings to their favorite restaurants and shopping.

What programs or activities does The Villas at St. James offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Visiting local favorites such as restaurants and attractions are among the favorite. Our residents also do daily exercise classes along with various crafts. We have a ladies quilting club and frequent sing-alongs as well as local entertainment. We also provide in-house therapy to allow our residents to stay in their home to receive needed therapy services. Our contracted therapists provide oversite and recommendations as needed.

What places are near The Villas at St. James or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our residents enjoy a walking path around our community.

What transportation services does The Villas at St. James offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to medical appointments, shopping/dining and various errands.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Villas at St. James exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The residents can expect a taste of the local community with their German heritage from German sausage, fried potatoes and sauerkraut to farmer friendly meals of fried chicken and all the fixens!

What safety features or security measures does The Villas at St. James offer to assisted living residents?

Our community monitors its visitors and locks the community at a designated time in the evening. The community is also equipped with individual emergency call pendants.

How does The Villas at St. James keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our team regularly communicates with families as needed and families are always welcome to come in or call.

If The Villas at St. James accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. We two enclosed court yards and we just ask you clean up after your furry friend.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our care staff receives training upon hire as well as monthly and as required.

Costs for The Villas at St. James

Photos of The Villas at St. James

Services and Amenities of The Villas at St. James

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Get Costs

About The Villas at St. James

Located in beautiful, rural Breese, Illinois, at the heart of Clinton County, The Villas at St. James is a 65-unit apartment community offering many options to care for seniors who are age 65+. At the Villas, we offer Assisted Living Care as well as short-term stays. When we meet with our potential Villas family member, we get to know each person individually and come up with a plan that suits his or her needs. If a senior would like to try us out to see if he or she would like to join us permanently, we offer short-term stays.

We have located less than a mile away from St. Joseph’s Hospital, allowing us convenient access to additional aid if needed. Celebrating our 12th year of unparalleled care, we provide the ideal living arrangement for seniors who want to be healthy, happy, and have fun!

Seniors live amongst a community of their peers while still residing in his or her own personal, private apartment. Our residents live a comfortable, secure, worry-free lifestyle knowing that our assistance is just a step away when they need it. For those desiring more assistance, we are there with a helping hand. Our residents are welcome to partake in many of our in-house activities, and weekly excursions on our luxury bus. Our residents live peacefully knowing they are constantly surrounded by our caring staff who will grow to know them well and help them develop a healthy, active daily routine.

What We Offer:

• Transportation To and From Appointments
    • A Variety of Fun and Exciting Activities
    • Wifi Throughout our Building and Cable Service
    • 24-Hour Call Alert System
    • Also - don't forget - we are a Pet-Friendly Community!

We offer each member of our communities the opportunity to 'live life their way'. Residents enjoy assistance when required, and freedom when desired.

Map of The Villas at St. James