13 Assisted Living Facilities near Mascoutah, IL
Also serving communities of Freeburg, Sparta.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mascoutah area, with 2 in Mascoutah and 11 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 40 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mascoutah. Better rated regions include Shiloh with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mascoutah, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Mascoutah, IL
11 Assisted Living Facilities near Mascoutah, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mascoutah
Mascoutah is a medium-sized residential community in the neatly kept farmland of western Illinois, not far from the left bank of the Mississippi River. Home to 8,000 people, around 12% of Mascoutah's residents are seniors aged 65 and over. The area in and around town hosts six assisted living facilities for seniors looking for safe and comfortable residential living. These facilities, like all residential care communities in the state, are regulated by the Illinois Department of Public Health Division of Assisted Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mascoutah
- The climate in Mascoutah is typical of the greater Midwest. Warm summers here see average daily highs of 88 degrees, while the frigid winter nights dip to an average low of 20. Spring and fall bring about 44 inches of rain to Mascoutah each year, which tends to raise pollen and other allergens that can trouble seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Mascoutah is roughly 5% below the national average across all categories. One exception to the slightly cheaper prices here is in healthcare. Seniors in Mascoutah pay roughly 4% more, on average, than the national median cost for health services.
- Crime is hard to come by in Mascoutah. Across all crime categories combined, the local crime rates are roughly 10% of the national average. Even this is mostly petty property offenses. Mascoutah routinely goes several years between violent crimes, making it an exceptionally safe place for seniors to live.
- Seniors can get around Mascoutah aboard the ADA-equipped buses of the St. Clair County Transit District. Seniors aged 65 and over get 50% discounts on regular fares, as do riders with limited mobility who present a valid transit ID card when boarding.
- The Mascoutah area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hospital East, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mascoutah has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation, an organization that provides free legal advice and help for seniors in Mascoutah and St. Clair County, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mascoutah
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Mascoutah start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mascoutah and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mascoutah
Seniors in Mascoutah can get help paying the monthly cost of assisted living with a waiver from the Illinois Supportive Living Program. In addition to basic costs for residential care, this program also pays for many benefits seniors need to remain safely in their own homes, such as caregiver services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mascoutah
Mascoutah and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mascoutah, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mascoutah
Mascoutah-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.