108 Assisted Living Facilities near Collinsville, IL
Also serving communities of Maryville.
There are 108 Assisted Living Facilities in the Collinsville area, with 2 in Collinsville and 106 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Collinsville is $2,975 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Fairview Heights with an average starting cost of $2,460.
To help you with your search, browse the 412 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Collinsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Collinsville 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include O Fallon with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Collinsville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Collinsville, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Collinsville
Collinsville is known as the horseradish capital of the world and has a large ethnic Italian population. The senior population of Collinsville is 13.1 percent of the total population, which is slightly below the senior population of 15.2 percent for all of Illinois.
Seniors wishing to reside in a community of peers, most of whom are receiving help with their activities of daily living, have over six dozen assisted living facilities to choose from in the Collinsville area. The Illinois Department of Health describes assisted living facilities as "assisted living and shared housing establishments" in its regulations for these facilities. These communities help seniors with grooming, hygiene, eating, medication management and general care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Collinsville
- Collinsville is located in central Illinois, primarily in Madison County. July is the warmest month for Collinsville, with an average high of 89 degrees and an average low of 70 degrees. The average high in January is 40 degrees and the average low is 23 degrees. Seniors who love to experience four seasons could be very happy here.
- The overall cost of living in Collinsville is 86 percent of the national average for the United States. Housing is the biggest reason for this difference, which is only 60 percent of the national average. Utilities are the only basic living expense in Collinsville that are comparatively expensive, at eight percent above the national average, so seniors in assisted living should be okay with their discretionary budget.
- Collinsville has a relatively high overall crime rate and is safer than only 16 percent of other cities in the United States. The total annual crime rate in Collinsville is 32.03 per thousand people, compared to an annual rate of 24.85 per thousand people for Illinois. Seniors should therefore exercise greater caution on day trips and errands.
Madison County Mass Transit provides public transportation for Madison County, including the ACT Runabout Paratransit Service for the elderly and disabled. Senior citizens who are at least 65 years pay a standard fare of $6, while those with qualifying disabilities pay $3. Routes that go through multiple zones and outside the county have higher fares.
- The Collinsville Senior Citizens Center hosts many regular activities for senior citizens, including games such as card games such as bridge, pinochle and bingo. It also holds classes on defensive driving and income tax preparation. Community activities hosted by the senior center include early voting.
- The Collinsville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Anderson Hospital, MedExpress Urgent Care and Gateway Medical Group.
Paying for Assisted Living in Collinsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Collinsville start around $2,925 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Collinsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Collinsville
Illinois has nine waiver programs for a range of home and community based services, including assisted living. These programs are tailored for a variety of specific needs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Collinsville
Collinsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Collinsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Collinsville
Collinsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Collinsville
Review of Cedarhurst of Collinsville
Cedarhurst of Collinsville has assisted living and memory care, and what they offer for both sides are the same. They have daily exercise, activities, and three meals a day with the client's choice... Read more
Review of Cedarhurst of Collinsville
I would recommend Cedarhurst of Collinsville. It was quite nice. I liked it. They provide three meals a day, and they have a very good chef there. They have housekeeping once a week, a washer and... Read more
Review of The Villas of Holly Brook and Reflections Memory Care: Collinsville
We took a tour of The Villas of Holly Brook for my parents. The assistant director took us on a really wonderful tour, and we really loved it, but when my mother walked into a one-bedroom apartment... Read more