17 Assisted Living Facilities near Fort Collins, CO
Also serving communities of Wellington.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fort Collins area, with 15 in Fort Collins and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fort Collins is $3,791 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 45 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fort Collins. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fort Collins 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Windsor with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fort Collins, call (855) 863-8283.
15 Assisted Living Facilities in Fort Collins, CO
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Fort Collins, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fort Collins
Larimer County's most populous city, Fort Collins, Colorado, is on the Cache La Poudre River along the Colorado Front Range. This midsize college city is home to the University of Colorado. Seniors make up less than 10 percent of the population here, yet there are 15 assisted living facilities in Fort Collins and an additional 28 communities in nearby towns such as Loveland, Greeley and Longmont. Assisted living facilities in Fort Collins are overseen by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, which licenses and inspects communities throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fort Collins
- Although Fort Collins is not a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, it is located in Larimer County, which has been a member since December 2017.
- Colorado has a generous senior-friendly tax policy. Residents can take advantage of large deductions of up to $24,000 a year on most kinds of retirement income. Groceries and medications are also tax-exempt.
- The cost of living in Fort Collins is fairly expensive at 24.2 percent higher than the national average. Much of that is due to housing prices. Healthcare costs are also slightly more expensive.
- Fort Collins has a fairly mild climate, with average highs in the mid-80s during the hottest months of the year and highs in the mid-40s during December and January. However, during the colder months, snow and ice may sometimes make it difficult to get around; although, it often melts quickly. Fort Collins gets about 57 inches of snow a year. March is the snowiest month with an average of about 13 inches.
- It can be difficult to get around Fort Collins without a car, but the Transfort bus system provides some options. Seniors with disabilities may qualify for the Dial-A-Ride program, which provides scheduled door-to-door transportation. Senior Alternatives in Transportation is a volunteer service that also provides rides throughout the Fort Collins area.
- The air quality in Fort Collins is fairly poor. Ozone is the biggest problem, with the American Lung Association ranking it 19th out of 227 cities for high ozone levels. Hot, sunny days are particularly bad. Wildfires can also contribute to poor air quality during the summer.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fort Collins
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Fort Collins start around $3,791 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fort Collins and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fort Collins
There are several options available to help you pay for assisted living in Fort Collins, including Supplemental Security Income Category G. State programs include Health First Colorado and the Colorado Old Age Pension.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fort Collins
Fort Collins and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fort Collins, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fort Collins
Fort Collins-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fort Collins, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fort Collins
Review of New Mercer Commons
STAFF & FACILITIES: Excellent. FOOD: The food is not satisfactory. They advertise gourmet meals. This is NOT true. They use up the same food over and over and over. The menus are the sam... Read more
Review of Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care
I went to Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care and what I saw was good, but they didn't have any available rooms at the time. The dining area was an open cafeteria type and they will make you... Read more
Review of Brookdale Fort Collins
Brookdale Fort Collins' location is very nice and had nice landscaping. The rooms were very nice. The person who toured me was very knowledgeable, kind, and considerate. The dining area and courtya... Read more