Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care

Reviews of Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care

June 24, 2021

By Lori

My mom is at Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care. It is very friendly, and it has the feel of like a resort or a lodge. They have very open, big windows, and is clean and welcoming. The staff are very helpful and full of good information. They are very kind and caring. They're very nice. I'm really happy with the room that my mom got. They have a really nice amount of activities, schedule, and resources. They've got great resources. They are doing Wii bowling, and they have daily devotions which is a really big deal to us. I think I saw some kind of a group game that they had. The activity director was leading some kind of a group game with several of the people in the circle. It smells good; that was a big deal when it smells. The dining room is like a restaurant. They can sit down any time and order something. They've got coffee available. It definitely was one of the least expensive places we found, and I am so happy with it.

Thank you Lori for your positive review! Collinwood is a beautiful building for all to enjoy, but the care and loving kindness shown by the team every day makes it exceptional. It's wonderful to hear that it shines through!

May 20, 2021

By ReviewerFY#0412

Collinwood was a nice facility, but the one-bedroom we saw was about 300 square feet -- or maybe less. It was really, really small, and that wasn't going to work for my mother. I thought the visit was really nice, though. They were very receptive to showing us around. The facility was very nice, and I liked it. However, of the three places that I went to, it was the most expensive, and it had the smallest rooms. That combination didn't work for us. They did a good job showing us around, asking for our needs, and trying to provide for our needs. It just didn't meet our needs.

Thank you for considering Collinwood! From your description, that apartment would likely have been a studio. We also have 1 bedrooms, 1 bedroom deluxes and 2 bedrooms but we may not have had any available to show if none were unoccupied t the time of your visit. Thank you for your positive comments about the community! We are situated on 11 beautiful acres that offers wonderful walking paths both inside and out for residents to enjoy. We wish you and your family the best.

April 13, 2019

By A reviewer 4319

I went to Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care and what I saw was good, but they didn't have any available rooms at the time. The dining area was an open cafeteria type and they will make you a special order like in a restaurant. They're open from 7:00 in the morning until 8:00 at night, and you can go in at any time. They had a lot of activities and a lot of area to do activities in.

August 29, 2018

By Paul

Collinwood Assisted Living was a very nice facility, and we were impressed that it was at the assisted living and memory care level. The rooms were rather small. I don’t think they need to improve anything, but I don’t think we’re totally ready for the purpose they had. They have a lot of activities. They were having a special event when we went there.

August 15, 2018

By Her1234

Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care has independent living apartments and assisted apartments. The place is very plush, it doesn't look like a nursing home, but a resort. The staff member that gave me the tour was very nice, helpful, and professional. They have lots of activities, they have a swimming pool, and I saw some people doing aerobics in the pool. It's an expensive place, but you get a lot for your money, and you're getting what you pay for. It looks like a hotel, but it's not what we were looking for. They have a place where you can get your hair done, and they showed me a 1-bedroom, but it's too tight, which is OK. If only there was just one person

May 12, 2018

By Toby

Collinwood was a very nice place. The rooms were quite large, especially for my mother who is going to have to share a room. The rooms were partitioned instead of curtained off, so it gave the impression of a little bit more privacy. Their buildings were very nice, very well kept, and very clean. The dining room was exceptional and run like a first class restaurant. They have a great, big community kitchen. You could prepare meals in a very high tech kitchen that had seating for at least 20 people. They have a small dining room if you wanted to be with your family, as well as a really nice library, and a place where they gather to watch TV. Their program was really nice. They have a music night where the residents get their instruments out and play music. They also have other musicians come in from the Fort Collins area. They have a book club, movie night, and the common areas outside are just spectacular. They have a great, big open space area with manicured lawns and concrete walkways so that people in wheelchairs or walkers could very easily negotiate that large, open area. There were multiple options to walk around, nice tree canopies, and open areas. The grass was all very nicely groomed and the grounds were taken care of really well. I was really impressed with their menu. The great thing about their dining room was from 7:00 in the morning until 7:00 at night, the residents could come in and sit down at the table and somebody would come and take their order, so they could pretty much eat on demand. The menu was a lot narrower in the off hours, but there was certainly plenty of variety there. The staff was very good, very kind, very informative, and showed me everything that I needed to.

June 01, 2017

By celeste008040

I liked Collinwood a lot, but they're full. I liked their activities and how they interacted with people. They took them on trips and was Christian-based. It looked like they would accommodate different people with their food. It looked like they had a good accommodation for people with memory care and for different individual habits. There were lots of opportunities for people to do things, like music, excursions, walks, and therapy.

July 06, 2015

By Mary109263650

The one that I'm thinking that my mom would have picked for herself is Collinwood. It seemed very clean and very home-like. The staff was very friendly with the residents. The staff knew them well.

October 19, 2014

My mother is in Collinwood Assisted Living. It is a very positive experience. The staff is very professional and very kind. The facility is very clean and well maintained. The décor is very comfortable and homelike. I am very pleased with it. She is in a one-room apartment and it is very adequate for her. She likes it a lot. She has her own private bathroom with a shower. There must be five or six activities a day that she can choose from. She goes to at least one of them a day. The food is very nutritious, well balanced, and plentiful, and she seems to like it. I eat there, and it is good. The dining hall is extremely comfortable. It is spacious with high ceiling and big windows. It is just a great environment.

Memory Care Reviews for Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care

Costs for Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care

Photos of Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 2303UO

About Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care

With high timber ceilings, stone fireplaces, walking trails and majestic views, Collinwood Assisted Living & Memory Care is not your average senior living community. But it is our warm environment, active social life and highly-experienced team that truly makes Collinwood feel like home.

Collinwood is part of Bethesda Senior Living Communities, a non-profit, faith-based organization headquartered in Colorado Springs.

With values that include integrity, sincerity and kindness, our friendly team embraces the idea of selfless service for the social, spiritual and physical health of our residents. Here, you will encounter personalized care, safe and secure living and enriching activities.

Collinwood is a non-profit faith based organization that meets individuals needs where they are today while promoting aging in place in a homelike environment.

Map of Collinwood Assisted Living and Memory Care