5 Assisted Living Facilities near Windsor, CO
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Windsor area, with 3 in Windsor and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Windsor. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Windsor 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Windsor, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Windsor, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Windsor
Windsor is located in northern Colorado along the Front Range, just 59 miles north of Denver. This mid-sized city is home to just over 25,000 people, and 12.6 percent of the population is age 65 or older. These seniors are served by three assisted living facilities within Windsor and 39 in the surrounding areas. Assisted living facilities in Windsor, and the rest of the state, are regulated by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment and are defined as residences that provide room and board, medication management and assistance with daily living activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Windsor
- Seniors will find plenty to do in Windsor with activities like hot air balloon rides and workshops at the High Hops Brewery. Active seniors may enjoy Windsor Lake and River Bluffs Open Space. The Active Adults Program provides seniors with day trips and tours.
- Windsor may be a good choice for seniors on a budget as the cost of living index here is lower than Denver. It is still 31.1 percent higher than the U.S. average, however, although housing makes up for most of this. Transportation, grocery and health care costs are all comparable to national medians.
- The climate in Windsor is seasonal with freezing winters and hot summers. Temperatures can drop to 14 degrees Fahrenheit in January which may be difficult for seniors who enjoy the outdoors. Snowfall is above average with 44 inches annually and rainfall is 14 inches per year. Summers reach highs of 90 degrees Fahrenheit in July.
- Colorado was named one of the best places to retire according to a 2017 WalletHub survey. The state does tax Social Security benefits although there are exemptions based on adjusted gross income. Seniors can take large deductions on retirement income, which may help them put more money towards assisted living.
- Public transportation options are limited in Windsor. However, 60+ Ride does provide a free transportation program for seniors with rides to medical appointments, shopping and social activities within Weld County.
Paying for Assisted Living in Windsor
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Windsor start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Windsor and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Windsor
Colorado does not provide assistance for room and board but seniors looking for financial aid may apply to two government programs that may help offset costs. Health First Colorado, is a Medicaid program that can provide assistance to disabled seniors. The Old Age Pension Health and Medical Care Program (OAP) helps support low-income individuals.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Windsor
Windsor and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Windsor, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Windsor
Windsor-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Windsor
Review of Good Samaritan Society – Water Valley Senior Living Resort
My mom moved into Good Samaritan Society - Water Valley Senior Living Resort. It's brand new, Mom is one of the first residents, she moved in during all this COVID mess, so I don't get in there. It... Read more
Review of Columbine Commons Assisted Living
Columbine Commons is very nice. Everybody is very nice there, too. My mom loves the people and the food. She has lost so much weight that they really want her to have dessert at every meal. However... Read more
Review of Columbine Commons Assisted Living
Columbine Commons is very close to where I live and they had space because they had just opened, so the place is brand new. They transport residents to doctor's appointments and they also have pedi... Read more