12 Assisted Living Facilities near Greeley, CO
Also serving communities of Evans, Galeton.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greeley area, with 11 in Greeley and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Greeley is $3,522 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 49 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greeley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greeley 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Windsor with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greeley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Greeley, CO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greeley
Greeley, Colorado is located just east of Fort Collins and a short drive from the Rocky Mountains to the west. There are 14 assisted living facilities in the Greeley area for senior who wish to reside here. As mandated by the state, all assisted living facilities must be licensed and certified, provide room and board, regular supervision on a 24-hour basis and assistance with activities associated with daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greeley
- Due to it’s location near the Rocky Mountains, Greeley, Colorado has temperature extremes in four defined seasons through the year. The summer are hot, with highs in the 90s; the winters are cold, dropping into the teens. The average annual snowfall is about 41 inches.
- Despite being in Colorado, which is known for its favorable air quality, Greeley’s is often considered to be moderate, due to its proximity to the state’s larger, pollutant-heavy urban areas like Denver and Fort Collins. Air quality here is also affected by seasonal pollen in the air.
- The cost of living in Greeley is just above the national average, but below the Colorado average, making it one of the more reasonable places to live in the state. Things like groceries, healthcare and utilities are right in line with the national averages.
- For a small city, Greeley has a surprisingly high crime rate. In fact, it is only 12 percent safer than the average American city and has a higher overall crime rate than the national median.
- Greeley has a number of organizations in town that provide transportation to seniors, most notably Senior Resource Services, who provide free rides to anyone over the age of 60. Discounted fares for seniors on the city’s public transportation are also available.
- The city of Greeley also has a number of culturally significant attractions that appeal to seniors. The Union Colony Civic Center showcases Broadway musicals and the local Philharmonic Orchestra throughout the year. There is also a gallery that features nationally acclaimed artists, numerous museums in town, and more than 100 public art displays, ranging from statues to street art.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greeley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Assisted Living costs in Greeley start around $3,522 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greeley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greeley
Weld County provides support for seniors in a variety of ways, most notably the Elderly Outreach program that provides both financial, emotional and physical assistance for individuals living in care facilities. The state of Colorado also has a Old Age Pension (or OAP) which provides financial assistance to low-income Colorado residents over the age of 60.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greeley
Greeley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greeley, please visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greeley
Greeley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Greeley, CO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greeley
Review of Meadowview of Greeley
We toured many other facilities before Meadow View of Greeley, and there is no comparison. My tour was with Megan, the director, and she was so kind, patient, and attentive to our needs. I was... Read more
Review of Garden Square at Westlake
What a welcoming community with the perfect environment for my Dad. You can tell they truly care about their residents! Read more
Review of Garden Square at Westlake
Recently toured this community as we are looking for my parents! This is a very nice place with welcoming staff. The tour was wonderful and very helpful in the process of choosing a place! We will ... Read more