The Fountains at La Cholla

Reviews of The Fountains at La Cholla

Assisted Living Reviews for The Fountains at La Cholla

May 10, 2016

By Caring DaughterRPYZA

The Fountains at La Cholla is a much larger community with a memory care unit and a separate assisted unit which we didn’t see. It has a large, couple-story-high building with a lobby, the dining room, and the independent living department. When you go in, it's like coming into a hotel lobby with a lot of people coming in and out. It looked very active. The staff was very professional during the visit. They have some puzzle set up in one area as well as a library, a game room where people can play cards, and a hair dresser/barber shop. They have everything there that the residents would want.

December 29, 2015

By LS2

My mom used to live at The Fountains at La Cholla. It’s a great place that always smelled nice. They had good food and nice people. My mom had a beautiful private room. They had just gone through remodeling, so the rooms had nice carpet and new furniture. The atmosphere was very positive, and everybody was happy. They were just a busy, little community. The staff seemed to like their jobs, were very nice, and interacted with the residents all of the time.

November 08, 2015

I like the Fountains, but the individual cottages are away from the main building which is not good. The parking was inadequate, too. The facility was fine; it was clean, the staff was helpful, and the rooms were average. However, they have a lot of educational activities like writing classes, artist classes, and stuff for people to get involved in. They go on field trips, as well.

October 31, 2015

We have been here 15 months and are very happy and satisfied. We enjoy many activities, such as exercise classes, dancing, and education sessions. The quality of all is excellent.

October 31, 2015

I like to live alone, and I like my apartment. I feel safe, and I am very happy here.

September 20, 2015

By Charlene25

I've moved in at The Fountains at La Cholla. I really like it. I'm almost in and settled, so everything is just fine. I'm perfectly satisfied. My apartment is all decorated, and everything seems really good. The staff has been wonderful since I've been here. I don't have any complaints at all. They have just been wonderful to me. The food is OK. I'm very particular with what I eat. I buy my own groceries, so I eat all organic. I eat some of my meals downstairs, but mostly I cook in my apartment because I don't eat fatty fried stuff, but the meals that I had down there had been alright. I have met some really nice people here and enjoy visiting with them. I think all is well. They're topnotch as far as I'm concerned. The place is clean. The staff is friendly. I don't have any complaints whatsoever. I think it is a marvelous place to live.

April 27, 2015

By Valerie25

The Fountains was nice, and we enjoyed it, but it was too far away from where my folks lived. They want something close to where they lived so they could be familiar with the community and something with shopping nearby. At the Fountains, there was a big hospital complex, but it didn't have shopping close by. The rooms were very fine and satisfactory. We would have liked it if they had dryers in them. The washing was down the hall. The food was great. They had good meals. It looked like there was variety and options. There were nice grounds. You had a place to walk around, and they had nice options inside for exercise, games, and different things.

April 20, 2015

By Laura105212150

I really like my visit at The Fountains at La Cholla because it wasn’t such a hard sell kind of thing. Some people I got calls from were really pushing for the hard sell. They put me on the waiting list. When I walked in there, they were having a big musical gathering in the dining room which I know my mom would love. Their one bedroom unit was really nice. Their dining is kind of like a restaurant style menu with tablecloths. The price was also very reasonable.

February 22, 2015

By Caring106519850

I have friends here in The Fountains at La Cholla, and I shopped around among about six other facilities before I chose this one. The staff are very helpful. The rooms are wonderful, beautifully cared for, and beautifully made. With activities, you name it, they've got it. They have a recreational program, and they have a free bus service to various shopping areas, to some of the downtown places, and other places of interest around the city. What impressed me most is their friendliness. It is very well secured, 24/7, 365, complete security and people on duty every minute of every day.

January 12, 2015

My mother-in-law visited four or five other facilities, but she chose The Fountain. She is in the Independent living. The biggest reason she liked it was because the place has a fault monitor built in. If somebody for whatever reason needs to call the paramedics, they have somebody 24 hours that will stay with the patient until help arrives. They provide two meals a day. There is a continental breakfast and your choice of lunch or dinner. They have a pretty nice menu although she is not always happy with it. She is diabetic and has a lot of food restriction. But she can prepare her own meals in her apartment's kitchen. They also have a cafeteria style or deli style where you can order custom sandwiches. She only moved there less than month ago and is still getting used to the people and how they do things. They go out to different locations like the desert museums. They arrange trips to see plays and so on and so forth.

November 26, 2014

By Maxine4

Upon walking into the lobby there is an immediate good feeling. Everyone -- staff and residents alike -- are smiling and welcoming. The food is very good and nice variety, maintenance problems are taken care of quickly, and the staff is quick to lend needed assistance and is caring and friendly. Love it!

November 11, 2014

By Stan7

We were able to look at The Fountains at La Cholla, and it was very, very nice. Their units were very nice. The lady that ran the place was excellent and was really efficient. The cafeteria was good and clean.

August 13, 2014

By Stan6

The staff of the Fountains at La Cholla seemed to be fine. I had no complaints at that time. One thing I liked about it was that it is close to a hospital.

August 13, 2014

By Florence10

The Fountains at La Cholla is very nice and the people running it are very compassionate. I think that my sister gets very good care there. She has a private room, which is not the smallest room available. It has a little kitchenette with a refrigerator, a sink and a microwave, a bedroom, and one bathroom. The staff is very nice and very cooperative. They hesitate to move her or to suggest moving her because she is content there and has never asked to be moved. She has been in one place and she was adamant about leaving it. I consider the food very nice. They do provide rides around Tucson to interesting places. There are a wide range of activities such as Bingo, games, and movies -- that sort of stuff. They have classes in painting, current events, and various subjects that the groups might be interested in. They have intimate groups for conversation or dialogue. I don't know if she gets all the medical attention that she needs, but all of her personal needs are met.

April 09, 2014

By David82129050

We visited The Fountains La Cholla with my mom. She felt that it was too large and too expensive. She'd probably get lost inside the facility. The rooms seemed nice, but they weren't as large as other facilities. The staff was very helpful, and they were also very nice to her and offered a lot of assistance. I thought it was very attractive and almost luxurious. Mom felt like it was a large hotel, but she wanted something homier. I thought it was a very nice facility.

March 28, 2013

By Lauri1

I visited the Fountains and thought it was very nice. The staff seemed very helpful. We ate there, and the food was average to above average. The facility was reasonably priced. The original building could use some upgrading, but the newer facilities were very nice.

November 19, 2012

By 040

My grandmother stayed in this facility when my grandfather passed away. The staff were very professional and courteous, not only to myself, but to my grandmother and any visiting family and friends. My grandmother did pass away only a few weeks after staying here, but not due to any fault of theirs. She enjoyed her stay and in her last few moments she told me that she had a great life and loved everyone around her, she included some of the staff members when she told me about this. When she finally passed, the staff helped me and my family to cope, a lot more than I thought they would, and they also attended her funeral. That was something I had never heard of or seen before and it was felt throughout the family.

July 23, 2012

By carlygoods

In Tucson there are several different assisted living facilities to choose from. The Fountains has one of the best reputations for having to most to do and having the greatest grounds. I was very impressed with the rooms and the overall cleanliness of the whole facility. The staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable. The activities available were also very impressive. Not only did the facility offer a wide range of activities on site, but they also provided transportation to other activities off site. My Grandmother was very impressed with the beauty salon that they had on site for guests. I think this made her feel at ease to not have to replace her old salon. The only negative that we could find was the price. Everything was top of the line and very impressive and I am sure they are able to do that with how much each guest is paying to live there.

Independent Living Reviews for The Fountains at La Cholla

July 01, 2016

By Rita830641

My friends went to The Fountains because it's near their son. It is very beautiful and it’s pricey. The apartments were very neat, very small, and compact. However, the parking spot is quite a ways from their apartment. They go to the restaurant for the main meal and have a nice little kitchen and bathroom. Fortunately, they are on the first floor, so they do not have stairs to climb. They seem quite content.

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our community. We are committed to ensuring our residents are thriving, and I hope your friends let us know anything they need or want to stay happy and content. Rest assured, we have elevators so no one has to climb stairs unless they choose to for a little indoor exercise. Also, we offer a wide range of financial options and varied meal plans to accommodate most budgets. Thank you again for your review. Sincerely, Fran Donnellan, Executive Director.

June 28, 2016

By Carole270383

The Fountains at La Cholla was a beautiful community. The help was wonderful and delightful with smiles on their faces. The apartments were beautiful.

May 10, 2016

By LouiseZMIIE

My father has been in The Fountains at La Cholla before and moved out. Now, he's moving back in. It basically has all levels of care, and he's going to move back into an assisted living level. He was in the independent apartment before. It's a very nice community, and he knows some people who are already living there. He had a one-bedroom apartment that was very nice. He also took advantage of food service. The staff were very caring, very thorough, did a good job of taking care of the facility, and did a nice job assisting him. There were a lot of activities he could've done, but he chose not to participate. The food was very good, like in a restaurant.

March 26, 2016

By anonymous visitor20

I am very, very pleased with our visit to The Fountains at La Cholla. I felt very comfortable and would like to be there.

August 12, 2015

By ravenna

My parents live here now in independent living. It is quite reasonably priced. The food is above average and there are usually 5 new main courses at each day. Breakfast is continental. Sunday brunch is too much of a hassle for my parents who use walkers so we usually go out to eat. The are quirks but overall the staff have been wonderful to my parents. They have a nice apartment overlooking the pool. It is too bad assisted living is not an option to be added at the Fountains as is becoming the norm with newer facilities. The Fountains' assisted living is next door and is quite expensive so it is not a consideration for my parents. This is a wonderful place for independent living.

May 15, 2015

By Ray24

The food is very good at The Fountains at La Cholla. They have good staff there. Everybody is friendly. The residents are friendly too. We stayed there for two years. Another good thing I have to say about The Fountains is that they are in a location where there are plenty of medical facilities around it. There is a hospital within a quarter of a mile.

November 24, 2014

Mom is at The Fountains at Cholla. The price was cheaper than the other facility that we looked at. She has a beautiful apartment with all the amenities. It’s reasonably priced for what she is getting. The setup was very nice with the dining room and covered tables with a waitress. There is a fairly decent selection in their menu, and they do get to choose what they want from the menu. They have a wonderful brunch on Sundays. The only problem I have is transportation. It's in their selected days and their selected hours. Mom does enjoy the paint classes. They have different activities scheduled. It all depends on what people like. I feel good withfor my mother being there.

January 23, 2014

By Connie31

I found the staff of The Fountains at La Chola to be very knowledgeable and they were extremely hospitable and friendly. They invited us for dinner and the food was excellent. It was nothing like what you would expect in a nursing home. It didn't have that nursing home feel, which my mother would like. They showed me three different sizes of apartments and they were all lovely. The size is ample for what somebody who would need a little bit of help would need. They were up-to-date. They had security and the electronic monitors. They showed me the laundry room and the grounds, and they gave me a brochure with all types of information and even the pricing of the various sizes of units. I thought it was beautiful. It had a great, big chandelier and I think they had just remodeled the lobby and it was very vibrant because they were having like a happy hour, they had somebody playing music, and people were dancing and playing. They even served drinks. That was my favorite and probably the closest thing I've seen to a home setting or some place that didn't make you feel like you were going to jail. They've got three or four things going on practically every day. Just watching the people, they seemed very content.

November 27, 2013

By Bernice3

The Fountains at La Cholla was homey. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. However, coming into their lobby, it was not impressive because it was smaller than the other places and there were residents sitting around there. They were doing their music singing to the TV. To me, that was more like a skilled nursing facility. This place wasn't my favorite.

September 13, 2013

By Maria19

I've been at The Fountains and the place was very nice. The food is good and I am just very pleased. The people are lovely. Everything about it is very nice and I would not hesitate to recommend it. The staff are very nice and very informative.

November 07, 2011

By Enforma

If you can find The Fountains at Tucson amid the maze of other facilities there, you are doing quite good as a navigator. Because it is so hard to find, I would imagine the place is fairly secure, and they do have a good security force, as I recall. The anteroom is amazingly huge, with ceilings so high, I wonder how they are able to heat and cool the place. The hallways were a bit of a maze as well, but strategically placed maps helped me out immensely when visiting there. I noticed that there were activities going on there even at night, and the place was cheerfully decorated. I could tell that a lot of work went into maintaining this place, and I was impressed with the sheer size of it all. My friend who lived there told me that help was never more than a phone call away, and she felt safe living there. I would recommend this facility for people able to get around by themselves. You may also need a GPS to find it, like I had to resort to, but it is worth the effort.

September 16, 2011

By cccullins89

the facility was very nice, from the minute my dad walked in the door he felt at home everyone was very kind and helpful would have to say that they need more caregivers on staff because they seemed overwelmed.

Photos of The Fountains at La Cholla

About The Fountains at La Cholla

Located in the foothill of Tucson, The Fountains at La Cholla is a rental retirement community providing Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care on a beautiful campus with sweeping views of the Santa Catalina Mountains. With eleven floor plans from which to choose, from cozy studio apartments to deluxe 2 bedroom Casitas, you are sure to find a new home that just fits your tastes and lifestyle. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. Near Northwest Medical Center, Foothills Mall and great dining, as well as such natural wonders as Saguaro National Park, The Fountains' location offers convenience and natural beauty. Casitas are available for the on-the-go lifestyle. The Fountains offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

Map of The Fountains at La Cholla