Cardinal Village

Reviews of Cardinal Village

Memory Care Reviews for Cardinal Village

November 12, 2020

By Vienna VA

My Mother was a resident at Cardinal Village from April 2014 until January 2020 when she finally passed from Alzheimer's. My Dad became a resident in March 2019, and, sadly, we lost him in September of this year. During our many years of association with this facility, our family was extremely pleased with the care and nurturing given to our parents. The staff at Cardinal Village are amazing people - caring, gentle, supportive, responsive and very attuned to the residents' needs. They offer many enriching activities and encourage and expose all residents to engage, even if just as a spectator. The daily activity email update which frequently included pictures of our parents was truly a blessing once they had to close to visitors because of COVID and we couldn't visit. They were very open to scheduling FaceTime visits and were prompt in responding to calls during this challenging time. The facility was always clean and cheerful and the quality of the meals was excellent. This is a very well managed facility and the longevity of many of the staff a testament to its quality. Thank you for all you did for my parents!

January 21, 2020

By Robert Salvas

My Mother was a resident for 11 months. I visited at least once a week on different days / times. I found Mom well cared for. CV was the 2nd Facility Mom had lived in and was a very good value. Food was good, the staff was patient and loving. Mom returned this love. She shared a nice size room and shower with her older sister. The Nurses kept me very informed. I found the staff to be engaging by discussing Headline events, playing catch, word games, van rides, and entertained by musicians. There are plenty of places to go out to eat and a local petting Zoo Mom loved to visit. Overall High Marks.

May 31, 2019

By BK

My mother is in Cardinal Village, which is all memory care. I like that it's close to the hospital and to my house. If I addressed something, it is taken care of most of the time. I just had one incident with them where my mom's mattress protector got taken off and she had urinated in her bed, so I had to buy a new bed. She's in a semi-private room. She has her own room, but she shares a foyer and the bathroom with another resident, and they each have a door onto their own bedroom. They have a bus, and she goes out to eat sometimes with the other residents, take her to downtown, and have music and arts. They do a nice job with their amenities where they really engage with the residents, and they try to keep them busy. A majority of the staff is good. The meals and the activities are quite good.

January 17, 2018

By reviewer

I placed mom in Cardinal Village. They were good, but they require one-on-one private care if the person is an extreme fall risk. If you cannot afford that you'll be asked to go to another facility.
See all Memory Care reviews (12) See fewer reviews

Questions about Cardinal Village

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff are required to take the state mandated classes annually. We compliment this training with Virtual Dementia , Alzheimer's Association training and in-services for specific needs of our residents.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our 1 to 8 day time staff ratio is better than the state required 1 to 10. We do this to ensure our residents receive the care they need and deserve.

What programs or activities does Cardinal Village offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our purposeful activities range from emotional, physical, intellectual, social and spiritual. Resident favorites include music and arts and crafts.

Our Director of Wellness assesses prior to move in, at move in, 30 days after move in then every 60- 90 days and as needs change.

What techniques does Cardinal Village use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our staff provide a calm, distraction free environment supporting our residents with coaching, cueing and hands on if needed.

How does Cardinal Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have a Sagely app program that shares activities and programs that your loved one participated in daily. Regular care planning meetings are also held.

Describe the neighborhood around Cardinal Village. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located directly across the street from Spotsylvania Regional Hospital in a combination residential and business district.

Is Cardinal Village affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated however we have very strong connections with local home health and hospice agencies.

Costs for Cardinal Village

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Cardinal Village

At Cardinal Village, we're all about helping our residents live life to its fullest every single day! Our community provides the ideal solution for seniors with memory impairment, who need a helping hand in a safe, caring environment. Our services include 24-hour highly trained staff, three restaurant-style meals daily, heart-healthy snacks, daily hydration program, personal laundry service, housekeeping and linen service, stimulating activities, life enriching outings... and so much more! Our amenities include your choice of a private or companion studio, fully handicap accessible bathrooms in all studios, individually controlled thermostats, full service beauty and barber salon, well-appointed social areas, two outdoor courtyards and reflections therapy studio. We are uniquely designed to meet the needs of your loved one!

Our life enrichment programs offers the opportunity for residents to engage and stay socially connected through small group activities such as music, reading, artful creations, and much more!

Map of Cardinal Village