Carrington Court

Reviews of Carrington Court

Assisted Living Reviews for Carrington Court

March 27, 2018

By Karen

Carrington Court was wonderful. The layout was good. The people were friendly. It was well run, and we had no qualms about it. We saw the dining area and it was very nice. There weren't any activities going on while we were there. However, my husband couldn't imagine himself being in there because he felt like he would rather stay in his room than go out and mingle.
Thank you so much for coming to visit our facility! We are so happy that you had a good experience, and thank you for sharing your kind words with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

October 01, 2017

By Sanya

I love Carrington Court. They have taken such wonderful care of my mother. They treat her with such love and kindness. They do far more than just their job. My mother has loved it there. They are very family friendly and they do great activities with the residents. It is clean and well maintained.
Thank you for the kind words Sanya! It was such a joy to care for your mother. We will miss her and the rest of the family so much. You all have a special place in our hearts! We loved seeing your family at all the wonderful family parties and activities. Thank you for being such an amazing part of the Carrington Court family!

May 03, 2017

By Cindy Hooper

My mother, Eulala, has been living at Carrington Court since January of 2015 and absolutely loves it there. The Director and staff are wonderful and take very excellent care of her. We never have to worry about her. One thing that myself and my siblings especially appreciate about them is they allow us to have lunch or dinner with her up to 15 times per month without a charge. This has been so special for us to be able to go and have a nice visit and then go down and eat lunch with her. The food is always delicious and they take special care in providing wonderful, healthy meals. Thank you for taking such special care of our mother. It is a blessing to have her in such a safe, clean and beautiful place.
Thank you for your kind words Cindy. Your mother and her family are a special part of Carrington Court! You are all wonderful people! You bring such warmth and joy with you. We appreciate your review and all your support of our programs. You are all part of what makes Carrington special!

April 04, 2017

By Becki Hone

My mother Laura, has been a resident at Carrington Court Memory Care for about 2 1/2 years. I have visited her almost daily during her years there. The facility is clean and beautiful, has wonderful activities and entertainment but what I love most is the staff. I am so grateful for the CNA's that do her daily care, the laundry staff that neatly puts away her clothing, the full time RN who makes herself available, the Administrative staff as well as the sweet and energetic activity coordinators. I call the CNA's that care for my Mom her "angels" because they truly are that wonderful. I believe it takes a special kind of person to give the loving care that they give daily even when she isn't so easy to love. Occasionally a CNA starts a new job there and stays briefly and that's okay with me. It is just a sign to me that it wasn't their cup of tea and another is hired that is perfect and wonderful for that position. I love that the CNA's mostly stay around and get to know the residents, learning their quirks and moods. They are trained and know how to calm the residents when they have anxiety or are frustrated. Countless times I have witnessed the Carrington Court staff react to a difficult situation with a resident in such a calm, loving and caring way it brought me to tears. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity my mother has had to live in such a clean and loving environment with angels to care for her much better than I ever could at this time in her life. I would give this review a "10" rating if I could.
Thank you for your kind words Becki. It has been such a wonderful opportunity to care for your mother! We truly enjoy caring for her. We appreciate the friendship that all our staff has with her and her amazing family. We cherish our relationships with you both. Thank you for trusting us with your special mother. Your "angels" truly love you both!

November 01, 2016

By Jim Witherspoon

I have had family staying at Carrington Court for over a year. I have appreciated their thoughtful care of my parents. The client to staff ration is excellent. They provide engaging activities and the common area is well suited for family gatherings. In addition I always found the facility to be immaculately clean and the rent is reasonable.
Thank you for your kind words Jim! It was a pleasure to care for your parents. They were some of the kindest people we have ever been blessed to be around. What a joy! Thank you for trusting us with their care and for the wonderful times we were blessed to spend with your family. You and your family will truly be missed!

October 11, 2016

By Ranee

We did visit Carrington Court. I didn’t like it all. The staff was horrible. They just ran us through. I saw the room but briefly -- so briefly that I can’t hardly even remember. The place was clean, but there didn’t seem to be any activities with the residents. They were all watching TV.
Thank you for touring our community! I am sorry that the tour was short and you felt rushed! We pride ourselves on our customer service, and would love another opportunity to showcase our community. You can reach me at our main number to personally receive a tour from myself. I would love to show you why our facility is so clean and the amazing activities that our full-time Activities Director and her full-time Assistant Activities Director run each day at Carrington Court. Thanks again for the tour and the review! I look forward to hearing from you.

September 30, 2016

By DM047205

The tour we had at Carrington Court was very nice. The staff explained and showed us everything. The place was comfortable and very nice. The rooms were of nice size, and the top part of the doors were open so the caregivers can see the residents inside as they pass by.
Thank you for touring our community and for the review! It was a pleasure to have you with us. If we can help in caring for your loved one please let us know, we would be honored.

September 21, 2016

By K.N.

Having my Grandma and then later, my Grandpa at Carrington Court was the best decision we could have made! The staff was nothing short of amazing and caring. The food was incredible and we loved all of the fun activities that they were able to participate in. It smells clean and looks beautiful inside and out. They really enjoyed the courtyard. The best part about it was the staff was caring and loving to the very end. I felt like they loved my grandparents like their own. I can't say enough good things about this place! I would never take my loved ones anywhere else!
Thank you for the kind words! We can't thank you enough for the honor of caring for your grandparents. They were such a pleasure to care for in our community. We appreciate your trust and friendship!

February 29, 2016

By Diane121345950

The rooms at Carrington were adequate. The staff was very nice. But it was not as new as some of the other places. As far as I'm concerned the room I looked at I would've wanted them to paint it before I would put my mom in. But it's an older place.

Thank you for touring our community! I tried to see when you toured but couldn't find a tour under the name of Diane. I wanted to see what rooms were available at the time of your tour. I believe you were shown a room that wasn't completly finished being overhauled for a new resident. I apologize for this; I too would want the room painted before my loved-one moved in. I can assure you that we always patch holes, paint rooms, re-carpet or professionally clean the carpet, and professionally clean the whole room before any resident moves in. I apologize that you were shown a room that wasn't finished yet. If you would like to do another tour please stop by and we would love to show you what our finished rooms look like. Thanks again for the tour and the review!

February 11, 2016

By Vince7

My father is in Carrington Court for about a month-and-a-half now. He enjoys it. The staff is wonderful. They seem to be very caring, and they care of all of his needs. It is a warm facility with nice arrangement, and nice foods. Everything is good. He is happy, and we are happy with it. They have a lot of activities, and they go on trips. I will recommend them to others.

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your trust in our care. It is an honor to care for your father and your family!

January 19, 2016

By Jolene3

Carrington is where we ended up placing our mother, and we love this place. We loved it right from the very beginning. The thing we like best about Carrington is that it’s smaller with only 45 rooms, and we felt that our mother, who’s 96 and pretty OK but really going downhill, wouldn’t be intimidated like she would have been in some of the other places we looked at because it's small. She has a wonderful little apartment that has its own bedroom and a microwave in her little kitchen. We moved in all of her stuff from her own home, so she feels very comfortable there. It’s in a nice location with a beautiful entryway and fountain, and the dining room’s on the same floor as her room. It does have an upstairs where they have they have some really fun activities. They take them out on trips every week around the Valley and have lots of family interaction; we go over for different things. They have all kinds of programs like exercising, movies, and people who come in to do really fun presentations for them. We have found this to be a really good fit for her. We’ve just been really happy about her being there. They have a good doctor group and physician's assistant who come in, and there’s nurses and personal care people on staff. She’s been there since March. We've noticed that she’s kind of going downhill, but they seem to be able to meet her needs, and she’s been very content. They let you have 16 meals a month with your loved one without any charge, and if you go over that as a family, it's only $5 per person.

Thank you for your kind words! We love your mother and are so glad that she is here with us. She has been a pleasure to care for. Thank you for trusting us with her care. We also appreciate all the wonderful engagement we have been blessed to have with your family! Thanks for supporting our activities and family parties. We love the collaborative teamwork in caring for your mother!

July 28, 2015

We did find a place that we placed my mother into, but she passed away in June. I would not put anyone in Carrington Court. On the third day, they mixed up her medication. It was a strong antibiotic that was supposed to be administered one packet every five to seven days, and they gave it to her all at once over a five-day period. I was not happy with any of them there. They need to be shut down. It was a clean and beautiful place, but the care was just very negligent. I think their med-techs need more education.

August 27, 2014

By Scott20

Carrington Court is a very nice place and the staff was great. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We have eaten there and the food is okay. They have a large hall for games, a small gym, church services held in the facility and a family meeting room. They do field trips once or twice a week outside the facility.

September 23, 2013

By Jen7

It was a very nice and clean facility. The staff was attentive. The rooms were clean and roomy enough for someone to move around. I would recommend them to others.

December 13, 2012

By wjgrif

This place is the absolute best facility in the Salt Lake valley for memory-care residents. They actually care about the residents and their families and provide the best care available. I would refer anybody there.

November 22, 2012

By The Admiral

I went to Carrington Court for a tour and was impressed with what I saw. The main building is divided into two sections: Assisted Living, and Memory Care. I was able to visit both sides and I loved the atmosphere of both. There are large spaces where residents can come together and enjoy a different activities. In these places there were televisions and wii sets for the residents, and comfortable couches and chairs as well. The staff was exceptionally kind. As I was walking they all seemed to be smiling, as were the residents. I got a chance to look in one of the empty rooms for the residents and I was very impressed. The room was neither dull nor cramped, and it seemed fit for caring for someone with any condition. I got to meet some of the heads of staff for food, laundry, and various other departments. They all seemed to be experienced and friendly, always stopping to shake a hand or give a smile. Over all, my short time in the facility was a very positive one. I know if I needed assisted living that Carrington Court would be getting a call from me.

Costs for Carrington Court

Photos of Carrington Court

Services and Amenities of Carrington Court

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Features Extra: Billiard Room

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Activities Extra: Outing Every Week On Assisted Living And Two A Week On Memory Care

• Minimum Age: 8:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: License for Assisted Living Type II
  • State Licenses: 2014-ALII-88785

About Carrington Court

Our residents love the warmth and beauty of our elegant communities which are guided by a sense of genuine compassion, respect, and integrity. Our experienced attentive caregivers provide seniors with independence and loving, dignified, personal care in either our beautiful assisted living or memory care community. We provide a unique combination of personalized compassionate care and senior housing designed to respond to individualized needs. No two people are the same, so the services and attention we provide are never exactly the same. Our resident-centered approach to assisted living begins with the resident and his or her needs and results in personalized care tailored to each individual. This approach provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and help taking their medication. We focus on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible while maintaining the highest levels of dignity. Our residents enjoy beautifully appointed living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, transportation, and personalized assistance and care.

Our CNA to resident ratios, Assisted Living - 11:1 and our Memory Care - 8:1. This does not include other staff members this is just our CNAs. Our CNAs only provide loving care and assistance. We have a housekeeping department and laundry department that do daily housekeeping and laundry for the residents. This is included in the cost. Our CNAs also don't make our food. We have a dietary department that makes and serves our food. We are locally owned and family-operated, no large corporation with bureaucratic red tape. Our pricing is all-inclusive our residents never have to guess what their monthly bill is. We also make our menus and food from scratch. We don't buy our menus from Nicholas, US Foods, or Sysco. We believe in personal care in a warm loving environment.

Map of Carrington Court