Tomball Retirement Center

Reviews of Tomball Retirement Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Tomball Retirement Center

September 19, 2016

By Danna653183

We really liked Tomball Retirement as they seemed to have a lot of activities available to the residents with different levels of care as needed. We liked the apartment unit that they have for the guest and good use of space there. They were very friendly and nice, and everybody has their own little patch of grass outside the window that they can do what they want with. They have multiple dining areas available to their residents, which I felt was really nice. There’s a smaller one for those people who really don’t want to be part of the big group; the options were nice. It seemed to be a really good facility; I really liked them.

Thank you so much for your feedback! Please let us know if we can help you with anything! We really appreciate the positive response! It means a lot to us! Thank you again and have a blessed day!

June 10, 2016

By DM127573

Tomball Retirement was nice, and I was pleased with all of it. The staff was polite and friendly. I was impressed by the facility. They had plenty of things to do, and the dining area was very nice.

May 10, 2016

By BettyCQKTF

We're living in Tomball Retirement Center and really like it here. We're in a comfortable two-bedroom apartment. We moved here from out of state. Our daughter led us to this place.

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I know moving away out of state to a new place can be stressful. We are here to help you anyway we can. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you with! We love our facility and take pride in caring for our residents! Thank you for choosing us!

December 18, 2015

By KB5

Older facility but very homey and my Mom liked it, which is the most important. Price wise is within budget. Residents were out and about, talking to each other. Liked the staff very much. Hospital/Doctors are right across the street. They also have assisted living, which was important because Dad has dementia/alzheimers so at some point if he has to go the AL side they can still stay in the same place.

Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to our facility. We take pride in caring for our residents and your positive feedback is greatly appreciated! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Happy Holiday for Tomball Retirement Center!

August 31, 2015

My brother-in-law ended up at Tomball Retirement Center. He's got a two-room; he's got a bedroom and a sitting room with a small kitchen, and it is actually one of the bigger ones that we saw. It is a little older than some of the other ones, but because of the size and the locality, it was great for us because his doctors are all right there. They do Bingo, and they take them out for ice-cream once in a while. If they request to go somewhere special, they will take them once a week. They take them to some senior thing to play cards and stuff like every other week or something, and they take them to Wal-mart or to AGB once a week; they have lots of activities for them. They have like cookie brunches, and their food is really good; it is exceptional. He has gained 12 lbs. in less than a month. They are extremely courteous and friendly, and that was one of the things that concerns me with him getting used to the place. They go out of their way to introduce him to other people and just make him feel welcome, and he loves it already. They do have church services in the facility. They have a little chapel, and the preacher comes every Sunday; it is in the afternoon that he comes to the chapel. The place is older, but it is homey.

July 06, 2015

By pdarts

Price-wise, Tomball Retirement Center was the best we found. They had bingo, card games, movie night, people that come in and sing for them, karaoke, and outings. They go to Walmart and out to eat once a month. I was very pleased with the rooms. Their prices are probably one of the cheapest, but the biggest that we found, and for the same price, he is getting a one-bedroom with a living room, his own shut door bedroom, a bathroom, and that kind of stuff. So far, the staff has been very nice and very helpful, and they showed us around. We had to go back to look at the room, and they let us stand and see where he needed to put his bed, living room furniture, and stuff like that. They didn't act like it was a bother or anything. It was clean, I saw them actually doing things with the residents, and the residents seemed fairly happy.

June 13, 2015

By Tomball Retirement Center

Tomball Retirement Center has been home to my mom now for about a year and a half. I am very please with this facility. My brother and I looked at many different facilities. Some even newer but Tomball Retirement had the homiest feeling, the most activities, and director and other workers were so nice and friendly. They had one of the biggest varieties of levels of rooms. My mom lives in independent care in a 1 bedroom/1bath. She was able to take a good variety of her furniture with her which helped in her transition. I know at some point mom will probably need some help and will need to move to the assisted living part of the facility. Tomball Retirement gives me peace of mind knowing that my mom is in a safe place and cared about.

October 29, 2013

By John73469550

We have a place for my aunt. She hasn't moved in yet. It's an older place but it's nice. She will be having a large efficiency. The units are smaller. I visited a lot of facilities and this one was the best as far as price range. I also liked the setup, the price and the convenience of it. We also ate there and the food was good. The servings were smaller than I normally like but it was good.

August 10, 2013

By Peggy17

I choose Tomball Retirement Center for my mom because the price is really good and it is fairly convenient from my house. I also like the feel of the place. It is very homey. It has an on-sight chapel. The size of her room and the amenities are probably the nicest that I saw in any of the places that I looked at. I really liked the director of the nurses, she is an awesome woman and is really helpful and I'm sad that she's no longer there. I like the staff that works there and they have things for people to do.

Independent Living Reviews for Tomball Retirement Center

Questions about Tomball Retirement Center

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Tomball Retirement Center. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is 65-75, some of their favorite things are bingo, Po-Ke-No. Prior to COVID they enjoyed a car show here at the community along with outings to the casino and movies.

What programs or activities does Tomball Retirement Center offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Bingo Po-Ke-No Arts & Crafts Trivia

What transportation services does Tomball Retirement Center offer to assisted living residents?

We have a 12-passenger shuttle bus with a wheelchair lift and a 5-passenger mini-van for resident transportation.

What makes the chef or dining program at Tomball Retirement Center exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer a homestyle Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, which is included for AL and IL residents. We also offer a Always Available Menu that include : Baked Chicken, Baked Fish, Chef Salad, Chicken Tender Basket, Cheeseburger Basket, Ham Salad Sandwich, Tuna Salad Sandwich, Fruit and Cottage Cheese Place and other items.

What safety features or security measures does Tomball Retirement Center offer to assisted living residents?

24- Hour Emergency Call System Bracelet/Necklace Emergency System

How does Tomball Retirement Center keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Email Facebook Page

If Tomball Retirement Center accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Dogs/Cats under 20 pounds, there are plenty of outdoor areas to walk your animal. Animals must be on a leash when inside the building and are not allowed in the dining room.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

There are plenty of restaurants close by along with shopping centers.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Tomball Retirement Center has organized?

Before COVID, we took residents to Walmart, Kroger, Movie Theatres and the Casino.

What transportation services does Tomball Retirement Center offer to independent living residents?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a Library, Media Room, Chapel and plenty of outdoor patios for relaxing.

What safety features or security measures does Tomball Retirement Center offer to independent living residents?

We have a Security Guard/Receptionist at the front door 24 hours a day.

There are plenty of areas outside to walk your dog/cat.

Does Tomball Retirement Center work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do not hire agencies to care for our residents. We have aides and medication aides on staff 24 hours a day to care for our residents on the Assisted Living side.

What safety features or security measures does Tomball Retirement Center provide to protect residents who wander?

We are not a locked unit, so if your loved one is a flight risk then this wouldn't be a safe place for them.

Costs for Tomball Retirement Center

Photos of Tomball Retirement Center

Services and Amenities of Tomball Retirement Center

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Tomball Retirement Center

Tomball Retirement Center has been providing individualized care in both Independent Living and Assisted Living settings for over 35 years. Our goal is to care for all our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve in a comfortable, home-like environment. We provide multiple floor plans to choose from and our quality trained staff is here 24 hours a day to help maintain your independence and ensure you are welcomed in a caring environment that promotes healthy living, new friends and an active lifestyle.

Nestled in the quaint community of Tomball, Texas, we are directly across the street from HCA Tomball Regional Medical Center, medical offices, retail and family-owned business shopping yet still only minutes away from Houston. So if you’d love to be a part of an established, family environment – we welcome you!

Caring is our business. Tomball Retirement Center is a premier Independent and Assisted Living Facility with a home-like environment in Tomball, Texas. We offer multiple floor plans and some of our services include 3 meals daily, housekeeping, laundry, and beauty shop services just to name a few.

If reading or watching movies is your thing, join us in our fully stocked library or spacious theater room to spend your time. With affordable prices and quality trained staff, there is no other premier housing like us.

The staff at Tomball Retirement Center has a vision — to provide quality care and help ensure our residents live with the greatest dignity and comfort possible. We are committed to being helpful, caring and responsive to the needs of our residents.

Independent Living

We take out the work of upkeep around the house-- both inside and out-- meal prepping, trash, and more. Each room comes with their own amenities while maintaining many group amenities to allow socialization and entertainment for residents.

We allow our residents freedom and flexibility with our month to month leases should their needs ever change. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in case our residents ever need something. We offer Medication Management to our Independent Living residents.

Every resident has wifi access in common areas, three meals a day, opportunity for outings, ability to explore leisurely activities, and the convenience of a housekeeper all while maintaining an independent living space to create a home. There are laundry facilities on the premises and we also offer transportation to take your loved ones where they need to go!

Assisted Living

Assisted Living is meant to give your loved one the convenience and familiarity of their own routine while receiving additional support in their day-to-day life. We offer long-term care for our residents that assist them with Activities of Daily Living and Medication Management. With all the perks of Independent Living, assisted living allows each resident to have a space of their own while receiving the best assistance and healthcare possible. Our staff ensures that every resident is feeling their best every single day so they may enjoy their meals, activities, and the socialization aspect of community living.

We understand that the aging process or illness can strip independence away from our residents and we strive to help our residents live as independently as possible while maintaining their security and safety. Our goal is to keep our residents as active as possible and involved with their care and day to day life. Those who need long-term care usually require assistance with medication management and basic personal needs.

We offer customized care plans for our residents, fabulous amenities, and a wide variety of activities.

Map of Tomball Retirement Center